Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seems like someone got benched and replaced by a warlock. Git gud mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Can't say we ever brought Warlocks purely for a summon. Our 2 belt out some insane DPS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It never made sense to me that mages couldn't do this, seeing as NPCs do it all the time in game. Non combat utility stuff like this and mass rez I have no problem being homogenized. Priests could have manna bread or something, mages and DKs could summon. Idk =/

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    To be fair, I've been in Heroic pugs that one-shot the first 5-6 bosses and after each boss, one or two people leave. It's just people coming for the bosses they need and/or have to go for various reasons. The group doesn't have to be bad to cause people to leave.

OP is a little ragey, but he has a point. One other class could probably afford to have a summon-type ability by now. I don't think it should be homogenized, but maybe give one other class this ability?
    Perhaps give mage Portals a two-way option? So they can open up portals in the major cities that people can use to get to the mage.
    Not sure how other classes could fit in a teleportation in their lore or class-design though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    yeah ok, grats on the double digit IQ.
    Is being of completely average intelligence considered a snide remark where you are from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Perhaps give mage Portals a two-way option? So they can open up portals in the major cities that people can use to get to the mage.
    Not sure how other classes could fit in a teleportation in their lore or class-design though.
    Warrior will heroic leap to anyone who need summon and heroic leap back to the raid. Seems logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    tbh i would go a step further and just let all classes use abilities from all other classes ... you only got like 20 hotbars so it wont be overpowered....

jesus christ the status of this generation holy fuck .... how do you "people" dont forget to breathe
    Because you're not supposed to remember to breath.

Deep.

I agree with the OP. We don't need archaic rpg concepts in this game anymore. It's beyond that.

I saw the title and I expected topic about making all the demons the same. Then I saw the mindless rant that killed my brain cells. I regret clicking on this thread now.

OT: It was called Have Group Will Travel, it stepped on Warlock utility and Blizzard took it away for that reason. Also, you are really, really bad at pugging if you have to deal with this issue that much.

ok find me a guild that does heroics in 1.5 hours and NOT do mythics or any other progression (ie wasting your life wiping on stupid shit).

I'll wait.
    Nothing in the world forces you to do mythic. Mythic guilds will still do heroic in that amount of time with a bunch of people from the guild then go do mythic with the core20. That's pretty much any mythic guild that you could join without being part of the core20, you would get your heroic in 1.5 hours without "wasting your precious little time" in mythic.

Did you wait too long?

I do wish I could just get 3 sets of gear on one character and be able to be every class like in The Secret World. Just need a Tank, Healer, and DPS set and you can do every other job on 1 character. That way you dont need to level 12 classes to play them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Nothing in the world forces you to do mythic. Mythic guilds will still do heroic in that amount of time with a bunch of people from the guild then go do mythic with the core20. That's pretty much any mythic guild that you could join without being part of the core20, you would get your heroic in 1.5 hours without "wasting your precious little time" in mythic.

Did you wait too long?
    Well to be honest he have a point here. It's not so easy to find a only normal/heroic guild. And even if you manage to find one, something inevitable will happen:
    1) the guild grows bored to do normal and hc and want to move mythic or disband.
    2) the best players want to move mythic, leave guild, and probably disband.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's absolute BS that you're way better off bringing a dumpster shit warlock just for the fact that he can summon.

If you pug and somehow need to replace someone then enjoy losing 10 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME if you don't have a warlock. even if you have a lock doing 300k dps and just dying every fight he's still worth that slot and you save more time carrying his ass than waiting for a single event where someone has "irl stuff gtg" and needs replacing.

also

>"hurf durf blizz don't cater to pugs and the general playerbase, they cater to 1% poopsockers"

Join a proper guild, do guild raids, problem fixed.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    If you pug you already know you are wasting your time.
    Well, at least Im wasting a time that I chose to waste. Guild raid times mostly arent same ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, at least Im wasting a time that I chose to waste. Guild raid times mostly arent same ones.
    Because we all get kidnapped and enslaved by a guild that we never wanted to join. Jesus lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some special snowflake had their safe place touched in a bad way by a warlock.

Terrible troll attempt -5/10
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Did they remove the stones outside the entrance since I last saw one?

Fascinating how some people want to further streamline class abilities, even after an expansion of pruning and several years of homogenization.
    Guess you dont have any idea how long it takes to walk from Misstress to instance entrance just summon someone

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    There are alternatives to mage food and mage portals. There have been since vanilla, and they haven't been a beneficial to raiding for like 8 years? People bring cooking and hearthstones for that.

Summoning stones require 2 players to run out and back again with the replacement. If you are in the last half of most raids you will be waiting longer than it takes for that person to fly to the instance themselves, hence most people tend to say "just fly". If you have people waiting around for that they will leave after 1 - 2 wipes, at which point you're doing it again and the problem snow balls until the raid is inevitably called.

Again, when pugging as a raid leader I will take even the shittest warlock as a priority if I see him queuing due to the fact that having one is a requirement for a successful group.
    This is just... having a warlock is a requirement for a successful group now? It takes too long to run to a stone? God forbid people wait for more than a minute for something to happen. You're not describing a problem with locks alone having a summon, you're trying to fix shitty pugs with this obnoxious solution.

The alternative to mage portals is hearthstones? OK, there's an alternative to warlock summons also: the meeting stone. See how that works? Having a warlock provides a bit of raid utility, which helps the class. Quit fuckin tryin to give every spell and ability to multiple classes.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

If it's such a big deal they could add NPCs that serve as summoning stone inside the instance. Even Magatha opens portals when it's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Guess you dont have any idea how long it takes to walk from Misstress to instance entrance just summon someone
    I don't, no. Do you have any idea how little I care? It's very, very little, to the point of not caring at all.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    it's absolute BS that you're way better off bringing a dumpster shit warlock just for the fact that he can summon.

If you pug and somehow need to replace someone then enjoy losing 10 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME if you don't have a warlock. even if you have a lock doing 300k dps and just dying every fight he's still worth that slot and you save more time carrying his ass than waiting for a single event where someone has "irl stuff gtg" and needs replacing.

also

>"hurf durf blizz don't cater to pugs and the general playerbase, they cater to 1% poopsockers"

Tbh, sometimes I would be happy with lvl 1 lock just being there for summon.