Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Not arguing against what you said but they could have a pre-xpac release like demon hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Why all the discussion about class? New races will be added. Unless your thinking race/class combos...

or.....maybe they will go cheap and just add sub_races.
    Yeah but...it would just grant early acess to those that pre purchase it.

And.

Idk, i find classes to be more interesting to be discussed, they have more reasons to why they can or can't be added, in the end, most of the argument for Races falls under the Lore of the game, which can be changed to fit whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    little different point of view:
    Range Specs 11
    Melee Specs 13
    Tanks 6
    Healers 6

I am not sure if that would be a "ideally" If we have a good diversity, why do we need a Heal / Damage class? How do you create a class by saying we need it to be Heal and Damage. Arent we narrowing our creativity because we just look for a damge and a healer? Thats like the "we need a mail amor wearer because we have only two of them" argument. Its in a way understandable, but is it really a problem? I think there would be easier ways of dealing with this problems
    just wanted to approach this from a statistical pov.. not discussing the morality of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    The only way I could see them doing tinker is by making them craft their tools before hand (you know, like, actual tinkers do) and then use them up in combat, which is what engineers already do, so there's a problem of massive overlap with existing profession on a conceptual level and pissed off Engineers who lose not only grenades but also kites, speed belts and all.
    Not a single Tinker NPC in the game or the hero in WC3 ever did that.

I have to say playing it your way is completely futile and akin to masterbation, but at least it's a sort of fun.
    Oh and btw Diablo necromancers don't need to transform into undead monsters so by your own logic there's absolutely no need for death knights to do that either, whatever the future necromancer turns out to be.
    Except this isn't Diablo. In Warcraft the Necromancers have Death Knight (and a few Warlock) abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I'm really curious about what a Necromancer could do that a Death Knight couldn't do. I seriously can't think of anything within the Necromancer class idea that would be outside of the Death Knight theme.
    Absolutely nothing. Everything the Necromancer could do can easily be done by the Death Knight.

How about something absolutely and lore wisely new? Like if some non-magical folk grouped up and developed new class. class that hasn't been heard before.

I would really like this. New Class without milking Necromancers, just because this class purely brings death knight vibe. Or tinker which is just an intelligent engineer using technology.

So, what say?

I'm really curious about what a Necromancer could do that a Death Knight couldn't do. I seriously can't think of anything within the Necromancer class idea that would be outside of the Death Knight theme.
    1-Combine corpses to make stronger undeads.Like in the end of Taylor's garrison in WoD.

2-Turn into a Lich temporarly to damage enemies with either or both Shadow Frost or their souls.

3-Shadowlands, no class deals with the Shadowlands, and its a perfect oportunity to be used.

4-Poisons.

5-Bone constructs, bone arms ripping out of the ground to grab the enemey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    How about something absolutely and lore wisely new? Like if some non-magical folk grouped up and developed new class. class that hasn't been heard before.

I would really like this. New Class without milking Necromancers, just because this class purely brings death knight vibe. Or tinker which is just an intelligent engineer using technology.

So, what say?
    Page 58, Cowboy, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post

So, what say?
    I am not really against it but I am more for classes we have seen in WC3, or some of them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    1-Combine corpses to make stronger undeads.Like in the end of Taylor's garrison in WoD.

2-Turn into a Lich temporarly to damage enemies with either or both Shadow Frost or their souls.

3-Shadowlands, no class deals with the Shadowlands, and its a perfect oportunity to be used.

4-Poisons.

5-Bone constructs, bone arms ripping out of the ground to grab the enemey.
    DKs are capable of doing all of those things. Everything you listed is simply an altered version of their current abilities.

I also went through every Necromancer in Warcraft and none of them had poison abilities. Kel'thuzad, the NPC you guys are basing this on has Frost and Shadow abilities.

DKs are capable of doing all of those things. Everything you listed is simply an altered version of their current abilities.

I also went through every Necromancer in Warcraft and none of them had poison abilities. Kel'thuzad, the NPC you guys are basing this on has Frost and Shadow abilities.
    Capable =/= they do.

Every race can be a Tinker, Priests are capable of hiting someone with a hammer, Mages are capable of using spells with their blades.That doesn't mean they do that ingame.

With what i said about Dks.
    Can they combine corpses?No

Can they turn into a Lich?No

They have Shadowlands based abilities?No

Here, 3 specs that can be explored that don't overlap with the Dk.

Capable =/= they do.

Every race can be a Tinker, Priests are capable of hiting someone with a hammer, Mages are capable of using spells with their blades.That doesn't mean they do that ingame.
    Tinker isn't a class, so let's ignore them for now. Priests are capable of hitting someone with a 1h hammer, but they aren't capable of wearing heavy armor, wielding shields, or using 2h weapons. Let's keep this to abilities please.

With what i said about Dks.
    Can they combine corpses?No
    Abominations aren't combinations of corpses?

Can they turn into a Lich?No
    They used to be able to. Why can't Blizzard allow them to do it again? The Frost spec makes that even more possible.

They have Shadowlands based abilities?No
    Elaborate on that please. How does "Shadowland-based abilities" differ from standard Shadow abilities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    TBH that's old lore that only applied to Warcraft 2 and the WC2 Death Knight. Paladins share the same lore saying Priests flat out sucked and they needed them to take up arms or train knights into using holy magic. Here we are with both a Paladin and a Priest.

The lore isn't going to prevent any class from appearing. That's not how lore works. We could literally have a Peon class in the game that is fully playable and on the level of other classes if Blizzard willed it. That being said, I'm not a fan of the Necromancer and don't think it will happen, but for reasons outside of lore.
    Old lore? My friend the book is barely 2 months old. There in plain text. THEY ARE NOT USEFUL IN COMBAT THUS DEATHKNIGHTS ARE BORN.

Tinker isn't a class, so let's ignore them for now. Priests are capable of hitting someone with a 1h hammer, but they aren't capable of wearing heavy armor, wielding shields, or using 2h weapons. Let's keep this to abilities please.

Abominations aren't combinations of corpses?
    Summon a undead that is already a combination is what the Dk do.They already summon the abomination ready.

Combinate the corpses to make said undead or others is what the Necro could do.The Necromancer in WoD needed 5 corpses to make the the Bone Construct.
    They used to be able to. Why can't Blizzard allow them to do it again? The Frost spec makes that even more possible.
    Yes Lichborne was really a really cool spell that turned the Dk into a giant magician of Frost and shadow magic and right now wouldn't conflit with Frosty Warrior that Frost Dk is.If Blizzard change the class fantasy to fit such spell them i will admit "defeat' in the matter.

When i mean turning into a Lich i mean like Meta or the shaman ascended form.
    Elaborate on that please. How does "Shadowland-based abilities" differ from standard Shadow abilities?
    In game many spells are Shadow damage, Void, Fel, Death and others are Shadow magic.

In the universe, Shadow Priests main source power are Void/Shadow magic, Warlocks use both Fel and Shadow Magic, Necromancers use Death and Shadow magics.You can look in the chronicles or Google it, they separate into, Shadow,Necrotic,Fel,Arcane,Nature and Holy.

What they can do?Since its the realm of the dead i can imagine spells with that thematic, Black flames or ice, command souls to attack enemies, attack from the physical world and the Shadowlands and so on, ghostly skulls flying right and left,torment, torture and such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Old lore? My friend the book is barely 2 months old. There in plain text. THEY ARE NOT USEFUL IN COMBAT THUS DEATHKNIGHTS ARE BORN.
    You want to apply the Horde Dk and Necromancer to the Scourge Dk and Necromancer?Yes one is the origin of the other but other then that, they are pretty different in terms of visuals, power and lore.

Also, if they were useless in battle, the Scourge wouldn't have used them in their ranks during all its existence.

Edit:My point was not that Priests can use hammers and Paladins exist.It was that Priests can use the Hammer to fight but don't use in its gameplay.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-07-26 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    And what is that book about? History, not current lore. Those were the Death Knights of Warcraft 2, not Warcraft 3 which also had Necromancers in the scourge army. What you're referring to is most likely the Necrolytes which were sacrificed and raised into (caster style) Death Knights, like Teron Gorefiend. All of that is already in the Warcraft 2 manual.

The scourge, cult of the damned and the Legion didn't perceive weakness in the Necromancers as the dark horde did. They were also far more successful because of them.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-07-26 at 07:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

While i agree, i think that if a class wants to be popular in current times, it needs to be a "hero class" and start in higher levels.I don't know, i don't belive that the majority of the WoW playerbase would want to spend the first moments of a new expansion, doing a couple new zone and back to doing the same old shit they did before.
    True... but consider that, ever since WoD, every expansion came with a level boost, so I imagine that you could just use the level boost to get the expansion's new non-hero class up to current expansion level immediately.

Tinker starting at higher level and them being lepper gnomes in Gnomeregan and only now being cured or Goblins being slaves and being freed by using their techonology.
    Not to throw a wrench in that hypothesis, but from what I understand, all gnomes created after Cataclysm are ex-leper gnomes that were cured.

- - - Updated - - -

Except this isn't Diablo. In Warcraft the Necromancers have Death Knight (and a few Warlock) abilities.
    So it's ok for you to use Diablo, HotS and other game universes as examples of possibilities... but it's not ok for others to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    True... but consider that, ever since WoD, every expansion came with a level boost, so I imagine that you could just use the level boost to get the expansion's new non-hero class up to current expansion level immediately.

Not to throw a wrench in that hypothesis, but from what I understand, all gnomes created after Cataclysm are ex-leper gnomes that were cured.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's ok for you to use Diablo, HotS and other game universes as examples of possibilities... but it's not ok for others to do the same?
    Oh yeah, forgot about the level boost.Sorry.

Yeah but Gnomeregan, as far as i know, still wasn't fully reclaimed so the possiblity is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I use Diablo?

Every HotS example I've used has been a WC based character.

Where did I use Diablo?

Every HotS example I've used has been a WC based character.
    Well, since you asked:
    Wrong, there's plenty examples of Necromancers fighting with melee weapons and fighting in heavy armor (typically bone). The Diablo series Necromancer is a perfect example of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you asked:
    Yeah, to counter the notion that Diablo Necromancers were ranged, not to push for a Diablo concept as a WoW class. Keep in mind that individuals like yourself were using Diablo necromancer concepts to try to differentiate the Necromancer concept from Death Knights.

Yeah, to counter the notion that Diablo Necromancers were ranged, not to push for a Diablo concept as a WoW class.
    You're moving goal posts. You said you never used Diablo games as examples, and you've been shown to be wrong.

Keep in mind that individuals like yourself were using Diablo necromancer concepts to try to differentiate the Necromancer concept from Death Knights.
    Irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're moving goal posts. You said you never used Diablo games as examples, and you've been shown to be wrong.
    To push new class concepts in this thread? That's right, I never did.

Irrelevant.
    Quite relevant, since posts like yours was what I was responding to.

To push new class concepts in this thread? That's right, I never did.
    Again, irrelevant. You made a claim, that which once proven to be false, you moved the goal posts.