Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Challenge: Extreme Hardcore Blood Thirsty Ultimate Ironman Challenge

So, the other day, after speaking with my guild friends, we thought that the Ironman Challenge and the Blood Thirsty Challenge are cool but easy in general, so we thought...what if we combine both AND make it even more difficult?

So, we made this cross challenge, but adding more hardcore stuff to both Ironman and Blood Thirsty Challenge.

So, remember the rules of both:

Ironman Challenge: http://wowchallenges.com/index.php?Show=IronManRules

Blood Thirsty Challenge: http://wowchallenges.com/index.php?Show=BloodRules

To make it more interesting, we decide this:

- No quests, u can ONLY LEVEL by killing mobs.

- You can't use even food, u can't have ANY proffesions, even first aids. U can heal yourself if your class have a heal spell, that's it.

- You can't use ANY MOUNT, not at level 20, 40, or flying, you must do the challenge with no mounts, only walking.

Other than that, is the same rules of both challenges (not die, only white/grey, no talents, no guilds, no party, dungeons, etc...).

And, for those who think, what about the quest that you have to do to enter both Draenor and Legion? In that case, because u need to do them to enter those zones, it's mandatory to do both quests. Only those 2, Vanilla content to Pandaria content u don't need questing to enter the zones.

So, what do you people think of that? Can anybody do the most hardcore challenge?

But why.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds stupid and pointless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Some people have too much free time.

Doesn't sound hard. sounds time consuming and tedious.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there was an achievement or something similar to D3, if consider it, but I have too much to do in WoW otherwise to do something so pointless.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Your challenge is kinda boring, what about:

-can only level while other people are leveling(share exp)

- you can't wear anything or actually do anything, you can only watch other people level up,

Or even more interesting:

- you can't level at all,

10+ Year Old Account
    about as fun as using a warrior to get from cape of stranglethorn to plaguelands using only charge.

I honestly think rubbing a cheese grater on my balls whilst listening to a baby crying non-stop would be more enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I honestly think rubbing a cheese grater on my balls whilst listening to a baby crying non-stop would be more enjoyable.
    oww.

@OT
    pointless, boring and time consuming. not hard

7+ Year Old Account
    honestly, it sounds very boring.

Formerly known as Arafal

sounds almost as dumb as that idiot who leveled a neutral panda by just picking herbs.

Deleted
    Well thanks for your opinion people

We are doing it cause we want to do different stuff, but i understand that people are not interested.

It's awesome that you lads are bonding via the game and that you enjoy pushing your abilities to challenge yourselves.

Something that I learned from trying to take the "gestalt" double-class rules in D&D one step further: stacking rules on rules or designing something to be as punishing or restrictive as possible doesn't mean it will be fun to play.

I echo some less-toxic posts above that basically say it sounds more time consuming and tedious than it sounds enjoyable. It's built on the idea of enjoying challenging yourself - but the final result is not the sum of it's individual parts as far as enjoyability goes I personally think.

You're chasing this idea so you can spend some time doing something interesting and enjoy yourself - just make sure to literally imagine yourself, and your friends actually trying to reasonably carry about your plan. Do you see everyone having fun and loving it? If so then go for it!
    So long as you are making an informed, thoroughly-thought and confidant choice.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I think my Maplestory inner self just woke up.

Alternatively, getting a day and night job AND playing WoW?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    This sounds like that South Park episode (Make love, not Warcraft) where they leveled by killing... boars.. and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for people who enjoy this sort of thing.....the only thing on this list that is dumb is the no food thing. For classes with no heals that is a nightmare. Having to stop after every fight and wait for your health to regen by default is a no go.

Either way....not something for me. Way too much time to sink into something with no gain other than to say "look what I did".

Thats not ironman challenge. Ironman challenge, as defined in diablo 2 a couple decades ago, is do not die, only self found gear, no help. The other stuff is not ironman. I dont know what that site is but that is not ironman.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    Doesn't sound hard. sounds time consuming and tedious.
    Essentially the raw essence of any of these WoW challenges. You're also remembered less than people who do world first racing.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.