Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    bad choice, why give us class mount when we cant use em. really you want to limit flying make it cost 100k / character maybe even more if you want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't really mind, I have no problem with ground travel. Though, Jaylock, your baiting thread is still baiting.

Ground content i skip always have and always will. heck cant even bother with broken shore just pathetic rewards from doing it

10+ Year Old Account
    This does seem a bit tone-deaf after the healthy time sink required to get your order hall's flying mount, but that's not my main problem here. Instead, it's twofold: one, we'll be teleporting everywhere (so much for exploration; they seem to be taking the Suramar approach where you can just teleport near everything of note after unlocking teleport nodes the quest line walks you right to), and two, between WoD and Legion, the ground terrain design is such that I'm not confident the devs can make ground-only travel interesting rather than irritating. Never mind that there isn't much time to stop and go "Oooh, aaah" at the random tree doodads on Argus (the portal worlds are a different case as the art design in there is pretty fantastic and they're quick, punchy events you aren't meant to spend a bunch of time in) while mob-dodging on your way to the quest objective.

But, again, we'll just be teleporting everywhere a week after it goes live, so whatever. Standard WoD-era band-aid halfsies approach to ground-only travel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Like i said in other threads. I did not put in all that work to have flying taken away again. I just wont go out there unless i am headed to the raid. Don't care about rep or pets or anything like that. I just won't go there.

Deleted
    I still believe Blizzard should replace flying by bouncing:

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    WoD was best expansion ever. Free reagents for flasks, food, potions, no stupid AP and legendary grind. All you had to do is login and raid. It was awesome.
    I agree 100%. This is the one reason i liked WoD. Spam for recruitment, and only really needed to play during raid time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Because of how they are handling Argus, I won't bother to resub. Won't be buying the best expansion either
    Why?

Have you tried the PTR? The content is amazing, and *GASP* it has no-flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Ground content i skip always have and always will. heck cant even bother with broken shore just pathetic rewards from doing it
    So, you don't have flying, I take? Or class mount?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why? because I usually post constructive and well thought out posts that are relevant to the game that people enjoy discussing.
    You are fake news. *points*

No-flying on Argus is a disaster imo. No-flying will discourage people from going there meaning that after Legion it'll be almost completely abandoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - a new planet would have been a perfect opportunity to put in place a 'flying with cost' mechanic relating to Argus (in addition to the other methods of getting around).

Heavier gravity, maybe things can't fly as well etc ? After a few minutes, they run out of steam and have to recharge etc.

Time to end the all on or all off and find a mechanism that encourages game play but still lets you fly around a bit.

Opportunity lost.
    .... just shut the fuck up and stop using your fucking mount if you dont like it

you people are cancer to this game

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    No-flying on Argus is a disaster imo. No-flying will discourage people from going there meaning that after Legion it'll be almost completely abandoned.
    Just like every other prior patch lol

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

Have you tried the PTR? The content is amazing, and *GASP* it has no-flying.
    In your opinion....

It's going to blow without flying the same way the broken shore sucked ass prior to flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Lets look at a few facts:

1) Patch content being grounded has proven to be an objectively better experience over all.

2) An island or in this case a world that does not have flying doesn't mean people will never go back there to do stuff.

3) After an expansion is over with and a new expansion is in progress, who cares about going back to old shit content?

4) You do realize that you don't have to stay fucking subscribed to the game during 7.3 right?

1) Patch content being grounded has proven to be an objectively better experience over all.
    Hey everyone; Jaylock facts are always 100% true. Blizz gave him authority to speak for every wow player lol.

Wait...did I miss the patch content that directly involved flying and actually used it as part of said content? You can't say grounded content has objectively been a better overall experience when hardly any patch content has had flying from the start (or in some cases, ever.) Flying (if available) is usually added or "earned" well after anyone gives a shit - so that point is completely irrelevant. Hell - the Argent Tournament is the only content I can think of added that didn't restrict flying...and I'm pretty sure that was extremely well received (that no trash raid not withstanding.)
    Last edited by azurrei; 2017-07-26 at 09:55 PM.

The only time flying really works imo is when they design zones required for it like IC or SP in wrath.

Otherwise it's not really a positive imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Hey everyone; Jaylock facts are always 100% true. Blizz gave him authority to speak for every wow player lol.
    Go look at all the polls and people in favor of no-flight. Do the math.

It's not refreshing or new, we haven't been allowed to fly in plenty of patch zones before, and will be allowed to fly in some in the future. Flying is here to stay, and improves the game experience tenfold for a lot of us. Pathfinder is the model going forward. "Get over it" holds doubly true compared to before. WoW is an MMORPG, the biggest one at that, which allows flying in certain content. Welcome to 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Blizzard should create non-flying realms so that the no-flying crowd would finally shut up.
    Wouldn't help.

These people are too invested in having their gameplay ruined by Flying, so if they got a server without it they'd still hang around proclaiming how it ruins the game for everybody else. Since, you know, how they play the game and feel about it translates to everyone sharing their experiences.

Meanwhile, flying doesn't take away things such as;

Player interaction, you still see people aplenty in the world, moreso in Legion than ever before. You still touch ground to interact with the world. But this isn't about "player interaction", because people blaming flying on their lack of in-game social life, are their own enemies. They just don't want to admit it.

Exploration, in fact exploring and the will to go out of your way in doing so is entirely individual. If someone's sense of discovery is "ruined" by flying, then perhaps they're just looking for a scapegoat? Like, who pretends to enjoy exploration, but still waits until flying is made available in current content just so they can sit and pretend that they're suffering?

Nor is flying

Trivializing content, this is done just fine through gear and players learning the lay of the land. And come on, aside from certain elite areas (of whom there are more in Legion than before), who can run through a pack of mobs 50 times and still feel challenged gameplay-wise rather than just annoyed? Maybe the kinds of players whom can still be challenged by level 2 mobs after 13 years...

Killing World PVP, This is entirely on the playerbase. Instanced PVP gives rewards, WPVP doesn't, the playerbase stopped to think "Hmm... why be out in the world and facing possible swarming and failure, when I can go down the predictable route of knowing where opponents will be in an enclosed area which gives actual rewards?". And on that road, we tread.

I'd be willing to bet 100k gold that none of the people proclaiming that they belong to the Church of Grounded Gameplay, actually make an effort to play in the ways that they're claiming that flying prevents them from doing.

I love flying in this game and it's a great, for many years unique part of it. And I still leveled 3 characters 1-100 without flight, because I felt like it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-26 at 10:15 PM.

I hope they keep no flying and don't cave in

lol world PVP, what year is it??
    Be feared, or be fuel

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    And personally I don't give a single f about what your personally feel about flying.