Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems he stepped on the toes of many members of the cult of climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Lack of intellectual curiosity. He doesn't understand the demands of being president or how the government functions and he doesn't seem interested in learning. Aside from pardons.

For example, he doesn't understand how healthcare works as a recent interview revealed. He didn't and maybe still doesn't understand that the AG isn't his personal lawyer. And many others...
    Basically this. He's seemingly not interested in actually being what a President is in reality, rather more in being what the President is in his head, IE an absolutist figure that is owed everyone's loyalty and can do whatever they want without any second thought, just because they won an election.

It's a poisonous mindset that stops him, and everyone around him, from doing their job properly.

Really hard to decide between his staff picks or his statements that are opposite of fact.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Attending the Inauguration.

But seriously, folks, his campaign to make the planet uninhabitable will be remembered as the worst of his many sins. America can regain its dignity when he's gone. It can move back toward compassion. It can recover financially, can revise policy and mend fences with foreign powers. The only thing he's done that can't be undone is the damage to the environment.

I reserve the right to change my answer if WWIII happens. At that point, his foreign policy decisions will have done more to ruin the planet than his environmental policy. As it stands, though, his aggressive pursuit of pollution without restriction is his most lasting legacy.

He loves me, He loves me not.

I am not kidding. This is what Trump does.

Deleted
    The worst thing he did was attacking the 1st amandment. While his time in office is not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Whatever I say he'll probably do something worse tomorrow.
    I copied/paste this reply earlier and have not been proven wrong. Orange Turd has out done himself again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Attending the Inauguration.

But seriously, folks, his campaign to make the planet uninhabitable will be remembered as the worst of his many sins. America can regain its dignity when he's gone. It can move back toward compassion. It can recover financially, can revise policy and mend fences with foreign powers. The only thing he's done that can't be undone is the damage to the environment.

I reserve the right to change my answer if WWIII happens. At that point, his foreign policy decisions will have done more to ruin the planet than his environmental policy. As it stands, though, his aggressive pursuit of pollution without restriction is his most lasting legacy.
    Man I wonder what the planet did before the Paris Accord?

Really is a religion in itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

The planet will be fine, doesn't mean it's livable.

If I fill your house with carbon monoxide, would you live in it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The planet will be fine, doesn't mean it's livable.

If I fill your house with carbon monoxide, would you live in it?
    The planet will be fine. Just as nutty religious folks say Armageddon is coming, Climate Change goers say the world is going to end.

I wonder how the narrative will change in 20-30 years when the planet has had no significant change.

Global Warming, Global Cooling...now all Inclusive Climate Change. Maybe they should have saved the big name for later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems he stepped on the toes of many members of the cult of climate change.
    You mean the 97% of scientists from around the world who have a shit ton of evidence that CC is both real and man made?

Or you mean the cult of a few Republicans and their gullible followers who can't be bothered with facts that go against their world view?

- - - Updated - - -

It. Fucking. Got. Warmer. Steadily, for decades.

JFC, this shit isn't hard to understand.
    Putin khuliyo

Global Warming, Global Cooling...now all Inclusive Climate Change. Maybe they should have saved the big name for later?
    Actually, the original phrase was "inadvertent climate modification." Global Warming wasn't coined until the late '80s when a NASA scientist used it in his testimony as one particular aspect of climate change and the media pounced on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The planet will be fine. Just as nutty religious folks say Armageddon is coming, Climate Change goers say the world is going to end.

I wonder how the narrative will change in 20-30 years when the planet has had no significant change.

Maybe stop using your ignorance as an argument? That's not why they changed the name.

There was no global cooling. That was never a scientific consensus.

Climate change and global warming are interrelated. We didn't say "oh gee, we were wrong, so let's change the name so no one will notice!" No. That's not what happened, that's not what it means. Global warming is a driver of climate change, that's what it means.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

It. Fucking. Got. Warmer. Steadily, for decades.

JFC, this shit isn't hard to understand.
    Like ice capes melting warming? That kind of warmer?

Again, it will be nice in 20 years when the planet is still pretty much the same (Assuming no nuclear war or anything of the sort).

But continue to scream the sky is falling. Just don't expect me to donate to you or any other religious groups.

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't say "oh gee, we were wrong, so let's change the name so no one will notice!" No. That's not what happened, that's not what it means.
    More like "uhhh...our doomsday predictions are not coming true, lets change the name and narrative to convince the gullible that the world will end in 5 years if you don't keep giving us grants and funds.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like "uhhh...our doomsday predictions are not coming true, lets change the name and narrative to convince the gullible that the world will end in 5 years if you don't keep giving us grants and funds.
    Christ, why do I even bother with you?
    Putin khuliyo

Literally no part of this is accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Christ, why do I even bother with you?
    Eh I wonder the same about why I argue with climate folks. You continue putting money into the pockets of those folks who tell you the world will end, and I will not.

I should know better. it's the same as walking into a church and saying "God isn't real." Same type of angry reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Literally no part of this is accurate.

If you say so. So when is the world supposed to end if we don't all throw our money at the Paris Accord? We have a deadline or just "Soon™"

If you say so. So when is the world supposed to end if we don't all throw our money at the Paris Accord? We have a deadline or just "Soon™"
    So basically what you're saying is that you can't even be bothered to inform yourself about the actual issue and would rather rail against the Conservatives' climate change strawman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that you can't even be bothered to inform yourself about the actual issue and would rather rail against the Conservatives' climate change strawman.
    Well I don't have interest in any religion, so I have little reason to look into it.

But as I said, keep putting money in the pockets of people who say doom and gloom in 5 years if you don't pay them. Better not miss a dime! The apocalypse is coming if you don't fund them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't have interest in any religion, so I have little reason to look into it.

But as I said, keep putting money in the pockets of people who say doom and gloom in 5 years if you don't pay them. Better not miss a dime! The apocalypse is coming if you don't fund them.
    It's not a fucking religion when we've got plenty of fucking evidence and data supporting our claim.

The fact that you refuse to believe what bare facts show, is your fucking problem. The fact that you refuse to believe the goddamn facts, does not make it a "religion." The fact that you maintain your ignorance and refuse to do an iota of research, does not make it a "religion."
    Putin khuliyo