Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Eh I wonder the same about why I argue with climate folks. You continue putting money into the pockets of those folks who tell you the world will end, and I will not.

I should know better. it's the same as walking into a church and saying "God isn't real." Same type of angry reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

If you say so. So when is the world supposed to end if we don't all throw our money at the Paris Accord? We have a deadline or just "Soon™"

The planet will be here regardless what we do. If you had any clue about the science and our planet history but i guess that's a bit too hard for some to accept knowing the denial phase you have put yourself in.

Now improving our planet works out only in our benefit, arguing that people are just putting money in people their pockets who promote that technology sure that's true but if you make that rather stupid argument at the same time you are doing that right now for the current energy industry. So rather have it go to something that doesn't attempt to harm our eco system, what is rather fragile.

So what do we actually lose? Nothing we improve our planet in the long run. If we don't do anything and the jezus will save us freak show is wrong, our eco system will be severely damaged. Storms will increase periods of drought will increase, what means our food supplies will take hits, you'll have to deal with increasing sea levels all of those things are projected and will most likely already happen to some point and boy if you hate immigration now wait till all that hits home and people are literally migrating to the decreasing landmass available for us humans.

But no don't worry about our planet, the planet will outlast us easily and there will most likely always be some sort of life on this, human life hardly we have been here on this planet for mere seconds if you look at how old this rock is. However the best part of all this is? You can continue to keep yourself in this ignorant state you are in as enough people already care for it and the industries are already moving towards this direction purely for economic reasons.

But i love ignorant americans like you, you are the people that are going to give me a nice extra fund on top of my pension later, cause with a good sum put into funds that invest and maintain things as water treatment stations. With the current trends we are seeing my stocks keep going up and up, so please keep this up since the longer a nation or region takes time to enforce changes the more desperate the governments become and the more money they throw at these companies, what for me is one big fat win

So actually you end up paying me, you probably already are! Ain't that nice!

Well I don't have interest in any religion, so I have little reason to look into it.
    I mean, if you don't want to look at the data, that's fine. But pretending there isn't tons of data spanning decades of active tracking now plus historical data going back millions/billions of years is ignorant and silly.

But as I said, keep putting money in the pockets of people who say doom and gloom in 5 years if you don't pay them. Better not miss a dime! The apocalypse is coming if you don't fund them.
    Who are these people lining their pockets and heralding doom and gloom in 5 years?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not a fucking religion when we've got plenty of fucking evidence and data supporting our claim.

The fact that you refuse to believe what bare facts show, is your fucking problem. The fact that you refuse to believe the goddamn facts, does not make it a "religion." The fact that you maintain your ignorance and refuse to do an iota of research, does not make it a "religion."
    Oh right. 97% or something.

It is a faith. The planet is going to be fine, regardless of how much money we put into pockets of manipulative people. Armageddon isn't happening. The world will still be here in 30-40 years even if folks like you try to publicly skin the non-believers.

It's like the Spanish inquisition with some of you fanatics. As I said, denying climate change on mmo is like walking into a church and saying "god isn't real."

Same type of reaction.

Again, people act like the world didn't exist before the Paris Accord or before this idea of climate change came out.

Eh I wonder the same about why I argue with climate folks. You continue putting money into the pockets of those folks who tell you the world will end, and I will not.

I should know better. it's the same as walking into a church and saying "God isn't real." Same type of angry reactions.
    No it's not. What a garbage analogy.

Though your attempts to discredit this way is pretty logical. If you equate science to religion, it allows you refute without proof, something you and your ilk dream about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, if you don't want to look at the data, that's fine. But pretending there isn't tons of data spanning decades of active tracking now plus historical data going back millions/billions of years is ignorant and silly.

Who are these people lining their pockets and heralding doom and gloom in 5 years?
    Scientists who want to earn an easy dime and keep their jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No it's not. What a garbage analogy.
    More evidence to my point.

Again, people act like the world didn't exist before the Paris Accord or before this idea of climate change came out.
    No, but the Paris Accords were the first time the whole world, minus Syria, North Korea, and Nicaragua (who feel the Paris Accords are too timid) got together to collectively acknowledge that climate change is a global issue and try to work towards addressing it, even if it was taking tentative baby steps.

The US pulling out was a pretty huge embarrassment in the international scene, and does not position the US strongly moving forward on the issue.

You're arguing against so many strawmen I feel I may begin to lose track of what their names all are : /

...alright dude. Yeah, sure. Global scientists from multiple disciplines and specialties, that span the ideological spectrum and get funding from a variety of different sources, are all part of a secret cabal to push this "conspiracy theory" that won't directly benefit many of them in the slightest.

That's what's happening, dude. Makes complete and total sense, we're even all on the same mailing list. You should see our newsletters, we have gifs and everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

But i love ignorant americans like you,
    It's okay I love when folks like you scream when people don't go along with your beliefs.

This current president is just good for words on how much he makes liberals and globalists cry

- - - Updated - - -

More evidence to my point.
    Not at all, and your dishonest arguments can be summarily dismissed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, but the Paris Accords were the first time the whole world, minus Syria, North Korea, and Nicaragua (who feel the Paris Accords are too timid) got together to collectively acknowledge that climate change is a global issue and try to work towards addressing it, even if it was taking tentative baby steps.

The US pulling out was a pretty huge embarrassment in the international scene, and does not position the US strongly moving forward on the issue.

You're arguing against so many strawmen I feel I may begin to lose track of what their names all are : /
    Yeah and most of the EU (big paris accord folks) also are letting floods of muslims infest their nations to virtue signal. Why, again, do I care what they think?

- - - Updated - - -

Not at all, and your dishonest arguments can be summarily dismissed.
    Kay bye. Don't forget to donate. The world may be ending with one more emission from wealthy billionaires flying across the world daily to tell you to pay them or else.

Yeah and most of the EU (big paris accord folks) also are letting floods of muslims infest their nations to virtue signal. Why, again, do I care what they think?
    Nice language use there.

At least you are being transparent now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kay bye. Don't forget to donate. The world may be ending with one more emission from wealthy billionaires flying across the world daily to tell you to pay them or else.
    No need to donate. I walk everywhere I can. Actually doing my part to help seems like a solid plan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice language use there.

At least you are being transparent now.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to donate. I walk everywhere I can. Actually doing my part to help seems like a solid plan.
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't think we should pollute or litter or trash and should keep things clean.

I just don't think that the world is going to end tomorrow if we leave some climate accord. The planet is a tough entity.

I just don't think that the world is going to end tomorrow if we leave some climate accord. The planet is a tough entity.
    But you're not going to do any research to support this belief, of course. You'd rather just take it on faith that everything will be fine.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think we should pollute or litter or trash and should keep things clean.

The ego needed to think I'd be emotionally invested in how you think is pretty amazing.

I'm only here to make sure your dishonest discussion tactics are pointed out, refuted, and dismissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay I love when folks like you scream when people don't go along with your beliefs.

This current president is just good for words on how much he makes liberals and globalists cry
    Oh this game I love it! Your beloved fake conservative president got you thinking everyone must be a liberal that disagrees. Actually only that group of yours turns it into something political most of us conservatives are long past this game. We argue now about what we can do no longer if it's real or not I leave that to my lesser intelligent alt rights every family needs their fools afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    But you're not going to do any research to support this belief, of course. You'd rather just take it on faith that everything will be fine.
    Of which I'm sure the irony is completely lost on him.

Of which I'm sure the irony is completely lost on him.
    The irony is that he does not recognize the irony.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Not punished the KKKlintons for their crimes.
    What crimes? The fact that you put the KKK in their name suggests they are the racists, but evidence suggests you are wrong, again.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems he stepped on the toes of many members of the cult of climate change.
    Its a cult because its true? And that it's happening?

Swearing that oath...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Oh this game I love it! Your beloved fake conservative president got you thinking everyone must be a liberal that disagrees. Actually only that group of yours turns it into something political most of us conservatives are long past this game. We argue now about what we can do no longer if it's real or not I leave that to my lesser intelligent alt rights every family needs their fools afterall.
    The ironic bit is... since when is "liberal" an insult? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The ironic bit is... since when is "liberal" an insult? :P
    Since the right decided to deal in identity politics while at the same time bitching about identity politics.

Small minds can be easily sold an other as the boogeyman. The flavor just changes.

Destroying what respect we still had from other countries, closely followed by attempting legislature related to ending net neutrality. (What's the status on that at the moment by the way?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.