Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Terran Gregory In-game cinematic director is excited about Gamescom - new exp reveal?

Source: https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...83583875497984

Terron Gregory is the in-game cinematic director, he also works on TRAILERS.

I think it might be a hint that we will see something exciting at Gamescom.

EDIT:

So Ion Hazzikostas confirmed in the interwiev that he's going to Gamescom. Also he talked about a lot of 7.3 stuff in that interview so my question is - why would they fly him to Europe if there wasn't an expansion announcement?

I don't think he would go there to have a 5 minute panel on which he would reveal 7.3 trailer.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-08-04 at 10:57 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Source: https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...83583875497984

Terron Gregory is the in-game cinematic director, he also works on TRAILERS.

I think it might be a hint that we will see something exciting at Gamescom.
    It could very well be! Now I'm also hyped! When's Gamescom?

Nah. It's likely going to show the 7.3 Cinematic. Remember, Gamescom is early august, and they don't announce expansions, before releases of patches. So, who knows, maybe we'll see something about Sargeras, this coming patch trailer. Would be rlly cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, every patch so far has been a 77 day span, right? And, so far, with my calculation, it's coming on August 28th-29th. So...yeah.

Definitely feeling a bit of hype going on with that tweet, so bet we'll see something cinematic sometime around the 22nd of August or one of the later days. :P

If they keep up with the 77 day span we'll have 7.3 the week following Gamescom, so could easily be the patch cinematic.

We shall see in little less than a month. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Nah. It's likely going to show the 7.3 Cinematic. Remember, Gamescom is early august, and they don't announce expansions, before releases of patches. So, who knows, maybe we'll see something about Sargeras, this coming patch trailer. Would be rlly cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, every patch so far has been a 77 day span, right? And, so far, with my calculation, it's coming on August 28th-29th. So...yeah.
    Early august ?
    Gamescom is in 08/22.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Early august ?
    Gamescom is in 08/22.
    My mistake. Now early august. XD

But, ya know what I mean. Remember, the 7.2 Trailer came out 5 days before the patch itself released. So, think about 7.3. The first day of gamescom IS the 22nd, and 5 days later is the 28th. :O

I don't think they would announce an expansion before 7.3 is out and live. Though there is still a month to go.

maybe it's a balancing patch where "bring the player not the class" means something?

LOL J/K more likely we'll see blizzard giving away free money.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    maybe it's a balancing patch where "bring the player not the class" means something?

LOL J/K more likely we'll see blizzard giving away free money.
    You should check out legion. Unless you are a world first guild you'll find that mantra to be well in effect.

The cinematic will hopefully be for the finale of Argus. If they release a new expansion before the final raid is out I'll be pretty disappointed.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Only WoD and Legion was revealed after last patch and it always ended with small disaster (14 months long content drought).

7.3 trailer will be good start for WoW panel. But there will be nothing else new to say about this patch after that (and this is last "big" Legion patch). This panel without reveal will be huge dissapointment. In other thread I said why I think reveal will happen on Gamescom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The cinematic will hopefully be for the finale of Argus. If they release a new expansion before the final raid is out I'll be pretty disappointed.
    I just thought about something crazy. What if they combine patch 7.3 trailer with the new expansion? We're travelling to Argus on spaceship and that is shown in the first part of the trailer but the second part of it shows that something terrible happened on Azeroth while we fight on Argus.

Wouldn't that be cool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, have my doubts for announcement, maybe teaser.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Wrong. Only WoD and Legion was revealed after last patch and it always ended with small disaster (14 months long content drought).

7.3 trailer will be good start for WoW panel. But there will be nothing else new to say about this patch after that (and this is last "big" Legion patch). This panel without reveal will be huge dissapointment. In other thread I said why I think reveal will happen on Gamescom.
    Well, the content drought has always been 12-14 months except for WotLK which was only 9 months. There is no relation between expansion revalation - content drought - expansion release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at the stage where if they DON'T announce the new expansion at gamescom, I'll be surprised.

The 2015 presentation was a success. It whet our appetites in the summer and allowed them to use Blizzacon to focus on elaboration rather than the reveal itself.

Gamescom also reaches a wider audience than Blizzcon. In other words, Gamescom is perfect for the announcement and the people going to blizzcon will be those thirsting for the elaboration.

This is happening people.

they don't announce expansions, before releases of patches.
    This is quite wrong.

Wrath was announced August 3, 2007. Patch 2.3 (ZA) was released November 13, and 2.4 (Sunwell) was released March 25, 2008.
    Cataclysm was announced August 21, 2010. Patch 3.3 (Icecrown) was released December 8, 2010.
    Mists was announced October 21, 2011. Patch 4.3 (Hour of Twilight/DS) was released November 29, 2011.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, the content drought has always been 12-14 months except for WotLK which was only 9 months. There is no relation between expansion revalation - content drought - expansion release.
    Naxxramas (June) - BC (January): 7 months
    Sunwell (March) - Wrath (November): 8 months
    ICC-Lich King (February) - Cata (December): 10 months
    Dragon Soul (November) - MoP (September): 10 months

"Always 12-14 months".

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is quite wrong.

Wrath was announced August 3, 2007. Patch 2.3 (ZA) was released November 13, and 2.4 (Sunwell) was released March 25, 2008.
    Cataclysm was announced August 21, 2010. Patch 3.3 (Icecrown) was released December 8, 2010.
    Mists was announced October 21, 2011. Patch 4.3 (Hour of Twilight/DS) was released November 29, 2011.
    Oh shit, Weird then. XD My bad.

Oh shit, Weird then. XD My bad.
    It's just the two most recent expansions that have been announced after final patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's just the two most recent expansions that have been announced after final patches.
    I just said "My bad".

Must I say it again?

I just said "My bad".

Must I say it again?
    Was just expanding that it's why it seems like they usually do release patches first.