Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Isn't the baby the one who whines about complete non issues like the slight discomfort of anti white "hate"? Lol, hate.
    Seriously, if you are white there don't even exist hurtful words against you with any historic or social significance.

The n-word is powerful because of the historic repression it is part of. Your entire people being treated as subhuman.
    Same with the f-word. You know, the whole getting burned at the stake thing they did to gays where the word comes from.

You actually never had to learn anything "from a young age" because you never had to deal with anything of importance.
    Now just imagine who hates gay people more than anything

Deleted
    Eh, words have no meaning but the intent behind them. Using the words nigger, kike, faggot, slut, etc means nothing.

Using those words to spread hate, however, is different. Doing that makes you a dick. But then again, everyone's entitled to be a dick if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    I think it's wrong. If you don't condemn hate speech you're complicit with it.

I don't really care about swearing though, I've got a much bigger problem with someone being hateful than crass.
    If we were all complicit in every injustice by the simple act of not standing against it, everyone would be evil, subhuman monsters. We simply don't have the time, sanity, or desire to devote ourselves to every cause.

Inaction never makes you complicit unless your inaction directly bolsters the hateful actions of others. It is not everyone's job to fight every injustice.

Stand for something, not everything.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    And Detroit is of course just dripping with social privilege, what with the second highest murder rate in the nation and rapes fifty points over the national average per 100k.
    I didn't know "one" example killed an entire system. Stop with this foolish argument.

Isn't the baby the one who whines about complete non issues like the slight discomfort of anti white "hate"? Lol, hate.
    Okay. You're a racist with absolutely nothing of merit to say. So I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you now.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Remaining silent to hate speech is being complicit to hate speech. There really is no question, it is wrong to not use your voice for good.

- - - Updated - - -

And there you have it. The white and privileged patriarchy that is the right which is full of nazis, fascists and blatant racists rears its ugly head. And this is on page 1.
    Have fun living in your own little bubble, where everything is offensive, everything is problematic, and you have to point it all out.

Okay. You're a racist with absolutely nothing of merit to say. So I'm gonna go ahead and ignore you now.
    No such thing as racism against whites. Source: I'm white. Have never, will never be marginalized because of my race. Neither will you. The assertion that the slight racial discomfort we might from time to time face is in any way comparable to what people of color have to deal with is absolutely laughable.

Sorry dude, but saying otherwise is nothing but eye rolling whining.

He's pretty adamant about his hate for whites in other threads, just let the troll be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    He's pretty adamant about his hate for whites in other threads, just let the troll be alone.
    Not really. I just realize that we simply don't face discrimination as a group in the West. Which we don't. We reeeeeaaaaally don't.

I like being white. I love tons of white people. I am just utterly embarrassed by and annoyed at my fellows who whine over basically nothing and try to create a victim narrative.

The term for this is white fragility. White people are so privileged for not being marginalized that they interpret even the slightest racial discomfort as an unbearable burden.

Smashed leg (anti PoC) vs stubbed toe (anti white).

Not really. I just realize that we simply don't face discrimination as a group in the West. Which we don't. We reeeeeaaaaally don't.

I like being white. I love tons of white people. I am just utterly embarrassed by and annoyed at my fellows who whine over basically nothing and try to create a victim narrative.

The term for this is white fragility. White people are so privileged for not being marginalized that they interpret even the slightest racial discomfort as an unbearable atrocity.

Smashed leg (anti PoC) vs stubbed toe (anti white).
    If you're talking about smashed legs and stubbed toes, both of those are damages done to the body, which, following the analogy, and by your own admission, means whites have faced discrimination and hatred. Fact is whites face discrimination by the most literal interpretation in colleges/universities which use affirmative action to boost GPAs of black/hispanic kids and force asians/whites to a higher standard. This is just straightforward discrimination that no one can argue with.

I really doubt you're white. But it's not really important. Anyone can peruse your post history and find a real obsession with attacking whites that surpasses any reasonable criticism of societal racism.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-07-29 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't say it's wrong and that you are a bad person to be completely indifferent to hate speech.

You might be a better person to know if you are aware of it and at the very least don't engage in it.

Hate speech is a real thing and there's a lot of it around. There's a lot of it here on this site. I see it every single day. And it's distressing. But how one reacts to it isn't a very good sole reason to judge someone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

He already contradicted himself with his posts, no need to even talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Like I don't practice any views on social justice or have any values, but I hear words/terminology like fuck, shit, faggot, tranny, the n-word, and shit so much in my life and for so long on the internet and on the streets that at this point, I'm so desensitized to it that I don't even care or feel anything toward it. I've been criticized for this indifference, though, under claims socially dignified people won't look upon me very well if I don't have any alleged standards.
    It's nigger, not the n-word. People using "the n-word" instead of just saying nigger are such fucking hypocrites. Just saying "the n-word" puts the word "nigger" in minds of people. Or did you mean nuggets? After all it might just be me being a racist. Dang it.

If you're talking about smashed legs and stubbed toes, both of those are damages done to the body, which, following the analogy, and by your own admission, means whites have faced discrimination and hatred. Fact is whites face discrimination by the most literal interpretation in colleges/universities which use affirmative action to boost GPAs of black/hispanic kids and force asians/whites to a higher standard. This is just straightforward discrimination.
    Yeah, one is an actual problem, as in racism based on white supremacist racial pseudo scientific hierarchies (anti PoC). The other is some mild prejudice (anti white). One affects people every single day of their lives, the other you can just shrug off without any negative effects.

I really doubt you're white. But it's not really important. Anyone can peruse your post history and find a real obsession with attacking whites that surpasses any reasonable criticism of societal racism.
    Believe what you want, but you are actually proving my point. The fragility of interpreting my pointing out the ridiculousness of claims of reverse racism as an actual attack is quite sad.

Yeah, one is an actual problem, as in racism based on white supremacist racial pseudo scientific hierarchies (anti PoC). The other is some mild prejudice (anti white). One affects people every single day of their lives, the other you can just shrug off without any negative effects.
    Prejudice + Power = racism, no? Using prejudice against a race in an institutional setting qualifies for even the looniest, nonsensical definitions of racism.

But then it becomes prejudice + power + negative outcomes. In that case, most black people don't really suffer any racism on a daily basis. Which would be true anyways.

Believe what you want, but you are actually proving my point. The fragility of interpreting my pointing out the ridiculousness of claims of reverse racism as an actual attack is quite sad.
    Not at all. You've made quite a few posts that are not much more than hatred for anyone with white skin. This isn't "pointing out claims of reverse racism as ridiculous". It deserves all the criticism it gets.

Prejudice + Power = racism, no? Using prejudice against a race in an institutional setting qualifies for even the looniest, nonsensical definitions of racism.
    Which whites don't have to deal with.

But then it becomes prejudice + power + negative outcomes. In that case, most black people don't really suffer any racism on a daily basis. Which would be true anyways.
    Actually they do, from micro aggression to racial profiling.

Not at all. You've made quite a few posts that are not much more than hatred for anyone with white skin. This deserves all the criticism it gets.
    For example?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy, people who say they don't get offended at slurs are privileged because they never had to endure the bigotry that those slurs help uphold.
    You do understand that the term "privilege" in this context is inherently "racist/sexist", right? Used in that way it deflects the blame of one group's misfortunes, etc, to the targeted group, regardless of whether or not said group had any direct hand in those misfortunes. It's quite literally the mirrored equivalent of saying, <race>/<sex> person did <bad thing>, thus all <race>/<sex> people are bad. There is no such thing as <x> privilege outside of the minds of race/sex baiters and white knight half-wits.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    there's a privilege to most things including race.
    No, there's not. It's a fabricated, philosophical talking point with no legitimate substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh please... I can tell you right now as a non-american there is surely privilege if you are a black American in a black American area. Not to mention there is also negative prejudice against non-American blacks often by black Americans.
    There's no such thing as "negative prejudice". Only prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Remaining silent to hate speech is being complicit to hate speech. There really is no question, it is wrong to not use your voice for good.
    White knights are the epitome of cuntery. Also, your post is stupid.

No such thing as racism against whites. Source: I'm white. Have never, will never be marginalized because of my race. Neither will you. The assertion that the slight racial discomfort we might from time to time face is in any way comparable to what people of color have to deal with is absolutely laughable.
    Patently false. Being a victim of racism is not exclusive to minorities. Additionally, you don't seem to understand what "racism" or "marginalization" actually are. Not to mention the exaggeration of what "people of color have to deal with".

Oh, look. More "racism". "Whites being prejudiced are Nazis. Anyone else being prejudiced is just not particularly fond of Jews."
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-07-29 at 04:40 PM.

It's my impression affirmative action turned down white applicants by making it harder for them to get in to school. This is something they have to deal with.

They don't get micro aggressions or racial profiled on a daily basis, or even from most people in society.

It's my impression affirmative action turned down white applicants by making it harder for them to get in to school. This is something they have to deal with.
    Laws that prevent the state from discriminating when hiring contractors prevents people from going to school?

They don't get micro aggressions or racial profiled on a daily basis, or even from most people in society.
    Well, I believe actual black people talking about their lived experiences.

Laws that prevent the state from discriminating when hiring contractors prevents people from going to school?
    This isn't even addressing what I said. You said they didn't have to deal with prejudice. If you get denied because of your race, you have to deal with that.
    Well, I believe actual black people talking about their lived experiences.
    When they believe a cop pulling them over for speeding when they were speeding is racist, you have reason to doubt.