Poll: Is a stat squish needed?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They won't do a simple stat squish after Legion ends. They'll do a complete revamp. Killing Sargeras will basically destroy Azeroth and we will be ported in another dimension. This new dimension will be a fresh start. All our items will be stripped of power and become cosmetics. 8.0 will consist of leveling your character from 1-10.

Deleted
    No its not and it wont come again anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    It felt just as nice seeing 45k crits in Wrath as it does seeing 5m crits in Legion.
    It was my own opinion. I don't care whether it's 5M crits of 45K crits, I just prefer 45k is aesthetically.

The numbers! They hurt my head! It's too much! Wah!

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer smaller numbers, yeah. And I'll go a step further. We need a profession squish too. Crafting 800 items is meh.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    It was my own opinion. I don't care whether it's 5M crits of 45K crits, I just prefer 45k is aesthetically.
    That was my point, I prefer the 45k crits as well. The giant numbers don't mean anything to me, it's numbers upon numbers as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    That was my point, I prefer the 45k crits as well. The giant numbers don't mean anything to me, it's numbers upon numbers as it is now.
    Then we have come to the same conclussion. <3

15+ Year Old Account
    The only way they could meaningfully address it would be by getting rid of the titanforging concept. I like the excitement of getting a titanforged object, but to make a stat squish work, we'd need to go back to a point where power creep between tiers didn't get out of control again by the end of an expansion. We were doscussing this in raid a couple weeks ago about the old dps check of heroic Krosus being 400k dps and heroic Avatar being around 800k. They are both (mostly) single target encounters that were a big dps block for early progression guilds. Its only 1 tier later and that dps check has already doubled. By the next tier, its probably safe to assume a similar boss might require 1.2 to 1.4 million sustained. When we're all fully t21 geared, we might be doing around 2m dps sustained single target. Not even thinking about what a fully geared t21 mythic geared raider will be doing. That's roughly 10 times the power of a fresh 110 when we were just starting the expansion. It should be more gradual in future expansions.

I like seeing 1mil+ hits

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    The only way they could meaningfully address it would be by getting rid of the titanforging concept. I like the excitement of getting a titanforged object, but to make a stat squish work, we'd need to go back to a point where power creep between tiers didn't get out of control again by the end of an expansion. We were doscussing this in raid a couple weeks ago about the old dps check of heroic Krosus being 400k dps and heroic Avatar being around 800k. They are both (mostly) single target encounters that were a big dps block for early progression guilds. Its only 1 tier later and that dps check has already doubled. By the next tier, its probably safe to assume a similar boss might require 1.2 to 1.4 million sustained. When we're all fully t21 geared, we might be doing around 2m dps sustained single target. Not even thinking about what a fully geared t21 mythic geared raider will be doing. That's roughly 10 times the power of a fresh 110 when we were just starting the expansion. It should be more gradual in future expansions.
    I highly doubt we will see WF/TF be removed completely, its been successful for most people the last few expansions and especially this one (honestly, I love getting a random upgrade from old content on occasion). But really, it's all numbers, you can say DPS has doubled but TtK has remained the same, they could literally put " You hit the boss for 1%!" and it would be the same, but not very exciting.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think part of the issue too is the amount of item levels we are jumping up in this expansion. Let's compare this expansion to Wrath. At the time, Wrath was the start of the real numbers bloat. People complained there were too many item levels with all the raid difficulties. In that expansion though, we went from fresh level 80s with around 187 item level gear, up to 284 gear. Roughly 100 item levels over the course of an expansion. Now, we reach 110 with a mix of 780-800 gear. At the end of 7.3, our epics are able to titanforge to 985 and our legendaries are going up to 1000. That's a jump that's double what people were complaining about with Wrath. Now throw the whole artifact power creep with the soon to be implemented relic slot upgraded system and its getting a bit ridiculous.

The only time a stat squish is needed is when stats are reaching the point of breaking the integer limit, which is what happened in SoO and why the first squish happened. There's too much else going on on the screen for a few large numbers to be a point of contention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get the 300+ item level swing from 98 and running N Dungeons to the top end Mythic TF Gear that could cap around 1000 item level.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Absolutely. I wish it would be entirely reset, Ilvl and all. Preferably to early Classic numbers, with a very slow, non-exponential power increase from then on. I'll never forget my first 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k crits. These 5-9 mil crits are hollow garbage comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Numbers generated in video game being the source of ego and pride means dick is likely very small and also likely under if ever used. Don't get me wrong I am all about proformance being good and people playing well but kids these days need to find better ways to messure dick then pressing 1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,3,2,1,1,1,2
    You clearly didn't get the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    It doesn't require more work to calculate 1+1 vs 1000000+1000000 for a computer. It doesn't work like that. It takes up the same amount of "space" because of how a processor works.
    I'm just quoting what the developers said. They specifically stated one of the reasons for the original stat squish was the time/effort the server required to perform damage calculations of such high numbers. And yes, if you know anything about computers, the bigger the numbers, the more time and more processing power it requires to run those numbers. It literally takes more processing power to determine 1,000,000 damage being modified by things like armor and other damage reduction spells then it does to determine 10 damage being modified by the same things. Just like it takes more processing power for a CPU to determine 1,456,943 x 1,791,349 then it does to determine 10x10.

That's the entire reason supercomputers are built, to perform more and more complex math equations. Hell, get something like a basic scientific calculator, which is just a tiny computer, and you can see it takes an extra second or two to process bigger number calculations than smaller ones.

Here is a lengthy blog post directly from Blizzard that says point blank how wrong you are: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ot-of-pandaria

"PCs just can’t quickly perform math on very large numbers, so we’d have to solve all of those problems as well. Even today, tanks can hit the ten digit threat cap on some encounters."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but if they do the same thing they did during WOD it won't fix the problem. I'd rather go to some kind of percentage based system.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yes, but if they do the same thing they did during WOD it won't fix the problem. I'd rather go to some kind of percentage based system.
    Because that's exciting.... you hit mob for 1%, mob hits you for 1%.... god if they ever did that >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You clearly didn't get the joke
    Wasn't a very good one. (why so serious)

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Stat Squish and Item Level Squish need to happen soon.

10 million player health pools and 1000+ item level is not a good thing
    Care to explain why? Remember that iLvls won't change anyway.