Poll: Is a stat squish needed?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What difference does it make if the boss's health bar says 1.5k, 1.5M, or 1.5B?
    Beta Club Brosquad

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I don't really see the issue with having large numbers.

THe squish really only makes you feel weaker and doesn't really make the game any better or worse.

I don't find numbers "problematic" (to just quote an example from this page), so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, once we hit 1 - 5M dps we should be squish

10+ Year Old Account
    Stat Squish and Item Level Squish need to happen soon.

10 million player health pools and 1000+ item level is not a good thing
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

it seems to frag up the scaling for leveling content. especially dungeons.

Just divide everything by 10 and we're fine for the next expansion. I really can't belive that people think it's okay to fight bosses with 100.000.000.000 HP next expansion or to deal 10 million DPS with attacks critting for 40 million or so. That's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Stat Squish and Item Level Squish need to happen soon.

10 million player health pools and 1000+ item level is not a good thing
    The thing is that it needs to be future proof otherwise there's no point. If we'll get 100 iLvls per tier and exponentially increase our DPS we'll be back where we started in no time. 100 iLvls per expansion and about 200 DPS per iLvl feels reasonable. The problem is that they'd to go back and not only change past rewards but also tune over 10 years worth of content accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they want to keep our current system (which they should, we're playing wow), I think the only way is to do a squish after each expansion, after deciding which expansion will serve as definite model, they have the technology to scale down ilvl now, and scaling it down during the release won't have any impact since there is no competitive playing going on, that way they could allow to have meaningful power gain between each "tier", and they can easily scale down the older content too (difference is us are getting scaled down relative to the latest content unlike older expansion creatures)

in a lore point of view it's easy to explain, the new zones are made of stronger creatures, so it's normal that we feel less powerful once we encounter them

convinced about it
    please share this thought on social platforms if you agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    We don't need an item squish just because some squirrel-brained people can't comprehend numbers with more than 3 digits.
    No it's just getting out of hand. Legion iLevel alone went from 600 something to 900 something. it went up around 300 levels in ONE expansion

Could've sworn blizzard said we will get one next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Could've sworn blizzard said we will get one next expansion
    Yup, this - they said we will be getting one with the expansion after Legion. Pretty sure it's meant to be every-other expansion now AFAIK, too. They want to make it so everything up to the previous expansion is pretty low, and then make the current expansion a big jump so you can feel the power gain between tiers.

Never really understood people's obsession with numbers and digits. As long as ratios make sense, proformance (computing) isn't affected, and things are balanced I could care less about the background data turnover making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Never really understood people's obsession with numbers and digits. As long as ratios make sense, proformance (computing) isn't affected, and things are balanced I could care less about the background data turnover making it happen.
    Cause pulling big numbers = having a big dick as it makes your ego very big. Bigger is always better after all

A stat squish back to TBC or WotLK HP/DPS amounts along with a scaling squish from the heavy exponential scaling we have now. It's beyond ridiculous already doing 10 times more damage we did in dungeon gear THIS expansion alone.

they already said they'd be doing it, so whether or not we think it's needed, it'll happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Agressive stat squish to vanilla levels.

Cut LFR and Mythic difficulties. Make heroic a bit harder.

Squish levels by half aswell. Max evel for the new xpac lvl 60. Let's reset this stuff.
    I would love that, along with the return of proper 10/25m formats and separate lockouts for each. I don't see that happening though, I doubt Blizzard would give up their scaling tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I honestly don't care wether they do a squish again or not, however it's way nice to see 10000 crit instead of 10.000.000.

Problem is, it's not only the numbers: the ilvls should be squished as well, the stats on items should be squished.
    Just squish everything!
    It felt just as nice seeing 45k crits in Wrath as it does seeing 5m crits in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Cause pulling big numbers = having a big dick as it makes your ego very big. Bigger is always better after all
    Numbers generated in video game being the source of ego and pride means dick is likely very small and also likely under if ever used. Don't get me wrong I am all about proformance being good and people playing well but kids these days need to find better ways to messure dick then pressing 1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,3,2,1,1,1,2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    With talk of the next expansion starting to float around do you think another stat squish is needed?

If so please explain how and why you think it would work.
    It wasn't needed back then and it isn't needed now, and most likely will never been needed in the future...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care, but it would probably be a good idea. The trick as always is doing it without affecting old content.