Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't even play MS, but I still find those nerfs mid-tier really weird. Not to mention it seems like the legendaries were only that crazy with the Tier-Set. Which not everyone has, so if you get those items as a new warrior, it'll give you a sour taste in your mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I don't even play MS, but I still find those nerfs mid-tier really weird. Not to mention it seems like the legendaries were only that crazy with the Tier-Set. Which not everyone has, so if you get those items as a new warrior, it'll give you a sour taste in your mouth.
    Just like method said: they were very surprised that Blizzard didnt react earlier. The dominance was already there for quite some time:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&timespan=1000
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    For me personally, gloves/helm setup sims >30k above any ring setup.
    Helm and Gloves are the best setup for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Just like method said: they were very surprised that Blizzard didnt react earlier. The dominance was already there for quite some time:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...le=7×pan=1000
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4
    Did you seriously just link logs from fights that literally have nothing to do with the strength of Arms? If Blizzard nerfed Arms based on that it would have been completely moronic. Arms was only insane on sisters because we could do single target damage and also take sweeping strikes to do massive AoE on the birds. Since they nerfed the spawn rate of the birds on that fight, even before nerfs, Arms was no longer OP on it.

Linking KJ heroic is also another giant joke. One, heroic logs mean nothing. Two, similarly to sisters, the only reason Arms is insane on that fight is because we can single target normally and also deal massive damage to the adds by taking sweeping strikes and lining up cds with the add spawns and losing zero single target dps while doing it.

In my opinion, the strength of Arms this tier has more to do with the timings and design of the fights and not so much with the spec. Next tier Blizzard is probably going to have to buff Arms up again if we are going to keep up with other classes.
    Last edited by TheValkyrie; 2017-07-30 at 12:57 PM.

Yeah, to say Blizz 'overlooked' Arms is also wrong, Arms was up there with affli and destro during the first week or two we got live logs at that 95th percentile. Guess what Arms received? A 7-10% total nerf when you summed up the aura nerf, both trauma nerfs, and the minor SD nerf + base MS buff. So they did think they had 'balanced' Arms the problem was that was looking at NH. As the above post and many others have mentioned, Arms is a pretty good fit for Tomb.

If there's ever a raid tier where you can't take advantage of sweeping strikes on more than 1 or 2 fights this spec wouldn't be nearly as dominant. Sweeping Strikes and Arms' cleave is so insanely strong because it's so insanely niche -- the cleave literally only exists as long as targets are humping each other.

Again, I'm not saying the spec sucks. The spec is fine. The spec is good (for now). But the reverse-hyperbole in here is strong and hilariously ironic; people are spewing all sorts of nonsense at what they perceive is nonsense from the other side -- those claiming the sky is falling.

And linking a fight like KJ Heroic lol? That's as idiotic as linking, for example, mistress logs and saying Boomkins are grotesquely OP -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4. Let's cherry pick the one fight with the perfect timings, the perfect groupings, and the perfect execute phase for this spec where there's also very little ranged advantage like other Tomb fights!
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-07-30 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I'm not going to claim that the ring is bad, but your bombastic tirade isn't 100% true.

Ring is still good. Ring is still bis for a lot of people. For me personally, gloves/helm setup sims >30k above any ring setup. Helm/ring were both nerfed from auto-equip in every situation to basically sim yourself with variations on the 4 big legendaries - trinket, gloves, helm, and ring. Ring/helm will still be ideal for a lot of people, but based on your off pieces (like several other specs), the other legendaries can overtake them.

Also a lot of the ring complaints are just about the feel. The ring, the old sudden death talent, just makes this spec feel much smoother. Sucks that it procs so little now and is extremely RNG dependent (timing of proc, number of procs), and the haste scaling removal was just an added undocumented sucker punch to an already big nerf. It was definitely overtuned and needed a nerf, I think a lot of us wish they took found a different route of nerfing it outside of the proc, but they took the easiest, most simple path.
    Ayala's proc scaled with Haste? You mentioned they removed that, was that for both specs or just Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Ayala's proc scaled with Haste? You mentioned they removed that, was that for both specs or just Arms?
    most rppm trinkets and what not have always scaled with haste. pretty sure it only got removed for arms tho? not like anyone uses it as fury

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Not sure if it got removed for Fury aya;a's, but like the guy below said most rppm trinkets/talents/procs/whatever have a haste multiplier. That's why bloodlust always feels so nice/streaky with these things. But yeah, they outright removed it for arms' ayala without any documentation. Just an extra sucker punch on top of an already large nerf, even if it is a minor slap -- it's still a slap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheValkyrie View Post
    Helm and Gloves are the best setup for me as well.

Did you seriously just link logs from fights that literally have nothing to do with the strength of Arms? If Blizzard nerfed Arms based on that it would have been completely moronic. Arms was only insane on sisters because we could do single target damage and also take sweeping strikes to do massive AoE on the birds. Since they nerfed the spawn rate of the birds on that fight, even before nerfs, Arms was no longer OP on it.

Linking KJ heroic is also another giant joke. One, heroic logs mean nothing. Two, similarly to sisters, the only reason Arms is insane on that fight is because we can single target normally and also deal massive damage to the adds by taking sweeping strikes and lining up cds with the add spawns and losing zero single target dps while doing it.

In my opinion, the strength of Arms this tier has more to do with the timings and design of the fights and not so much with the spec. Next tier Blizzard is probably going to have to buff Arms up again if we are going to keep up with other classes.
    Did you just seriously whine for Arms buffs? Arms got most insane aoe burst, sustained cleave and execute in game with 1 min CD to take advantage of any m+ dungeon or boss encounter in the game. Not only that, but arms is up there for sustained single target dps.

Like I just literally leveled up arms 2 weeks ago and now @912 ilvl with healing wrist/crafted waist am on par with 930 ele sham for m+ and on par with 930 frost mages on some ToS encounters (guildies of 5/9M guild not some random pugs).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=60&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=60&dataset=90

MMO-C class forums discussion on balance is beyond me.
    Last edited by mmoccc032fa96a; 2017-07-31 at 09:38 AM.

Sad thing is we will lose DPS as execute phases get shorter

The problem with arms is sweeping strikes being too good in ToS. Should be 75% damage. Ring was a fun playstyle that they killed.

Im just returning from NH progression, like 4 month away from wow, what legendaries should i aim for now?, gauntles?, leggins?

Quote Originally Posted by zookie View Post
    The problem with arms is sweeping strikes being too good in ToS. Should be 75% damage. Ring was a fun playstyle that they killed.
    dont think so, in most fights that we benefit from SS boonkins, warlocks, shadow priests and sometimes mages are better than us, we was dominating with a good margin single target fights

Quote Originally Posted by Spokei View Post
    Im just returning from NH progression, like 4 month away from wow, what legendaries should i aim for now?, gauntles?, leggins?
    Helmet and ring is still the way to go in pretty much any situation this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Helmet and ring is still the way to go in pretty much any situation this tier.
    Thanks!, well i hope get some of those i just got mannoroth bracers

Deleted
    There's one thing that bothers me with Ayala's: it directly influences how smoothly Arms (specifically) plays.

And it really bothers me because it appears that Warriors have to pay with flavour their performance.

Let's just ignore the failure that's been WoD and the partial recovery made by the HFC tier set, which wasn't bound to work just due to how Taste for Blood needed a button that was pruned from the kit and that was that.
    A lot of the things that were able to make the difference, but were deemed unfair by the community (be it the real one or the perceived one) have been taken away from the class. It started with Intercept in Cataclysm and went all the way down to Heroic Strike.

But when one is to examine the choice it simply doesn't make sense.
    I do understand that the game has to cater to the broadest audience possible, but to me, when making a design choice, you should always pick Stormbolt to be pruned instead of Intercept, always Knockdown instead of Charge stun, always passive Sweeping Strikes instead of active sweeping strikes.

Because unilateral spells like these have no place in a Warrior's kit, who has to make literally zero choices about the approach he has to take on any given fight aside from run towards target - flail him - repeat.

Sorry for the small rant. I'd love to still be playing my Warrior, but as a matter of fact I can't find it any fun anymore. I can, because muscle memory is a bitch, but I really can't.