Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Which, once again, is not what is happening.

This player ADMITS they were playing purely two heroes. Their 'mains.' When those did not work, they did not work with their team to pick something that would - They played those two heroes.
    Not reportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not reportable.
    Anything is reportable, just not reportable for the right reasons or through the right options.

If someone is saying it's their mains and will not switch after that many games, it definitely looks like they are intentionally irritating people or just never practice to be a supportable person for their team. Douche move both ways especially if it's competitive which is supposed to be adaptable and people actually working for rank. If it's quick play, who cares, he's a douche and just block and you won't play with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Anything is reportable, just not reportable for the right reasons or through the right options.

If someone is saying it's their mains and will not switch after that many games, it definitely looks like they are intentionally irritating people or just never practice to be a supportable person for their team. Douche move both ways especially if it's competitive which is supposed to be adaptable and people actually working for rank. If it's quick play, who cares, he's a douche and just block and you won't play with him again.
    It's not reportable to play whatever hero you want, that's it. The reporting tool even states this itself.

- - - Updated - - -

What it appears to be is reportable, which you would know if you read posts instead of clipping text and pretending to have points.
    No, it isn't. You can play whatever hero you want without it being reportable.

"You can play whatever hero you want" =/= "You can choose to play only one hero regardless of how bad it is for your team"
    Maybe you ought to check what the tool actually says:

Poor teamwork is:

Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion (I.E "This team is horrible.").

Poor teamwork is not:

Playing a hero that isn't considered optimal by the community or staying silent in team voice chat.

Grefing is: Actively harassing or disrupting your own team through the use of game mechanics or player actions. This includes placing a symmetra teleporter exit at a cliff edge, or intentionally allow yourself to be eliminated by the enemy team (I.E feeding)

Griefing is not:

Simply making a mistake or playing poorly.

Sticking to one hero is not reportable under either of these.

It's not reportable to play whatever hero you want, that's it. The reporting tool even states this itself.
    People can report whatever they want even if it's not in the right category. It may be against the ToS and it may not be up to your moral standards, but they can do it. There is nothing to stop me from reporting you for harassment in the game if I don't like your character's skin. We understand it's wrong, but you can do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    When a system is abusable, people abuse it.

Just like everybody downvotes you in Reddit and Battle.net just because they don't agree with you, regardless of how well thought out and constructive your post is.
    Took Blizzard a long time to finally realize downvoting has no useful outcome. And Reddit will keep being Reddit.

In Overwatch you can get reported because it's sunny outside.
    Automated Bans is purely stupid design.
    Specially in a game genre that tends to increase in toxicity.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-07-31 at 01:48 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    When a system is abusable, people abuse it.

Just like everybody downvotes you in Reddit and Battle.net just because they don't agree with you, regardless of how well thought out and constructive your post is.
    Took Blizzard a long time to finally realize downvoting has no useful outcome. And Reddit will keep being Reddit.

In Overwatch you can get reported because it's sunny outside.
    Automated Bans is purely stupid design.
    Specially in a game genre that tends to increase in toxicity.
    You seem to think someone can get reported 100 times on a whim. That's 100 players "whims" in an exceptionaly short period of time.

I think it's far more plausible that this guy was being a total ass. 100 people is a LOT of people. That's every person, on both teams, reporting the EXCACT same person across 10 games, or everyone on one team reporting the person through 20 games. Every single person, every single time.

And you think that's going to routeinly happen "because the guy picked sombra?"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You seem to think someone can get reported 100 times on a whim. That's 100 players "whims" in an exceptionaly short period of time.

I think it's far more plausible that this guy was being a total ass. 100 people is a LOT of people. That's every person, on both teams, reporting the EXCACT same person across 10 games, or everyone on one team reporting the person through 20 games. Every single person, every single time.

And you think that's going to routeinly happen "because the guy picked sombra?"
    People are hysterical about what is meta and what isn't.
    And the fact a lot of people love to abuse systems when they can.

Why do you think for example in WoW, most of the time, if one person initiates a kick vote for whatever reason, most will say yes like mindless drones?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Probably coming in late but everything in the comments of that post imply that the guy trolls then deletes his posts and regardless of whether or not his ban was legitimate, he isn't a person to pity.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think for example in WoW, most of the time, if one person initiates a kick vote for whatever reason, most will say yes like mindless drones?
    If I feel like someone is going to use this against me and get me kicked, rare as it is, and especially if the player is part of a 3-4 player premade in a dungeon or something, I will take advantage of it. For instance, if they are trashing me badly while I am tanking or trolling like mad and I expect or fear they will kick me because of their actions (and obviously, I don't deserve it) I will vote kick one of them and say something to the extent of "lol tank" or "terrible tank" or something else, and they'll vote yes.

Sometimes, you can depend on the stupidity of others in incredible ways. That said, I don't condone abusing systems especially ones that result in actual ingame bans. Overwatch has some of the most toxic communities I've ever seen, which is a big reason why I don't play ranked and probably never will.

People are hysterical about what is meta and what isn't.
    And the fact a lot of people love to abuse systems when they can.

It's a little different in WoW where on a kick vote it pops up Yes or No. In Overwatch on computer (not sure about consoles), you have to spend time trying to convince your team AND the opposing team of this player being a troll or thrower, which usually doesn't happen unless you can convince them that they see the player is killing themelves or not being in team fights. Then those players have to go to a menu screen, then they have to go to a sub menu, then they have to click the right player, then they have to click report, then they have to click the right drop down, THEN they have to type a small amount of what the player is doing.
    It's harder to get so called "mindless drones" to go thru that without it being pretty blatant and in your face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    It's not so much playing the right character, but playing characters that are not useless most of the time.

Torb and Sombra are specific characters. If not played to their fullest, they are on the level of a fly in terms of annoyance for the enemy team.

If you want to play "defense" character, there are other choices like Mei or Junkrat.
    If you want to play "assault" characters, there are other, better choices like Soldier 76, Pharah, Tracer, etc.

In all of his games he was reported, he refused to switch to any other character than Torb or Sombra. He had to play like that for ATLEAST 20 games, that's assuming every other team member reported him each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub fee ? In Overwatch ? What are you smoking ? Loot Boxes are not the same as subscription fee.
    That line of thought wrong on so many levels.

You simply cannot ban a person for playing heroes the game designers are providing.
    It is not up to the person to swap his hero to something more along a thought out meta that players themselves have decided is the most optimal, it is up to the game designers to provide an environment where the heroes are balanced enough to not warrant being socially headhunted by players who think they know what is best with their limited knowledge.

Imagine world of warcraft where you could get reported for playing death knight if they were not strong enough?
    Can you maybe imagine league of legends where playing nami as support would be reportable because she weren't strong enough?
    Can you imagine being banned from CS:GO for using sub-optimal weapons?

No you cant, it would be ridiculous and make the banning systems a community witch hunt. If you are able to pick Sombra, Hanzo, mei, soldier or reinhardt, or any hero whatsoever without the system saying something, then you should be allowed to play that hero. Anything else is a slippery slope. I have not seen any official rules stating that you are required to switch a hero if requested upon, and thus i pressume playing the hero you want is fair.

Just going to leave this here for you to once again re-read and see how you've proven my point.
    Playing a hero that you like to play but is getting countered is not intentionally allowing yourself to be eliminated. I take it you've never played many games with player vs player in this setting, feeding is exclusively when you run into the enemy to allow them to kill you without making any serious attempt to kill them, like a roadhog running into a soldier and just standing there, not even trying to kill him and using his heal to allow solider to gain more ult charge from roadhog.

See: https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...48309658353665
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-31 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    However, it is reportable to troll. Which, if you're getting countered hard and refuse to switch heroes, it does appear to be trolling. Especially if done over multiple games.

"You can play whatever hero you want" =/= "You can choose to play only one hero regardless of how bad it is for your team"
    Explain me how exactly sticking to your guns is trolling. Do you even know what the word means?
    If a person who is mainly playing soldier & Mc cree is doing badly, but is trying their best, can you say they are trolling? No you cant.

Unless... Please specify what exactly trolling is, i would love to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a hero that you like to play but is getting countered is not intentionally allowing yourself to be eliminated. I take it you've never played many games with player vs player in this setting, feeding is exclusively when you run into the enemy to allow them to kill you without making any serious attempt to kill them, like a roadhog running into a soldier and just standing there, not even trying to kill him and using his heal to allow solider to gain more ult charge from roadhog.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard have also said they will penalize people who make false reports. So, yeah.
    To the other people in the game, feeding and just play old sucking/getting countered are almost indistinguishable. I'd assume Blizzard verifies reports when there are enough of them for a ban since it's not the player's responsibility to know if what they are reporting is legit. If someone is intentionally submitting poor reports though odds are they will find themselves banned instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Explain me how exactly sticking to your guns is trolling. Do you even know what the word means?
    If a person who is mainly playing soldier & Mc cree is doing badly, but is trying their best, can you say they are trolling? No you cant.

Unless... Please specify what exactly trolling is, i would love to hear it.
    People in Overwatch say anything they don't like is trolling.

Appears to be trolling is literally not actually trolling, it just appears to be so. Getting countered consistently and not changing is not trolling, it is merely playing badly and the report system specifically states when you make a report that playing badly is not a reportable offense. Actually throwing a game is covered under griefing but not changing characters once countered is not griefing. I main Reaper and I counter each and every tank in the game and under that reasoning any tank I kill is trolling your team since I am a hard counter to every tank.

I get it that a lot of you wish playing badly was a reportable offense because you hate losing but the reality is when you try to add making bad play decisions into reporting offenses you weaken the system designed to stop actual griefers and leavers. Isn't that what all the bitching has been for the last year in comp? People handing you an instant loss because they left the match or stayed in spawn to throw the match which you could of possibly won if they had tried? But here you are carrying on and literally shooting yourselves in the face in an idiotic attempt to force people to play the characters you want them to.

Nothing will be fixed so long as people like you put so much effort into turning everything you touch into shit.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Sounds like he chose the wrong characters to main. Haven't touched a single hero besides D.va since beta and haven't had anyone claim they were going to report me. Really lucked out in the utility lottery since she just happens to be a very inoffensive hero for many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    ^this was your claim, which is false. What the fuck are you trying to say? Didn't even read anything you typed because you are wrong.
    What the fuck are you trying to say?
    Didn't even read anything you typed
    If you actually read the post you wouldn't have to ask such a ridiculous question. No point saying anything to you if you refuse to read the post, which begs the question, why are you even on a forum again? Adding you to my ignore list so don't even bother replying.

Which, once again, is not what is happening.
    This player ADMITS they were playing purely two heroes. Their 'mains.' When those did not work, they did not work with their team to pick something that would - They played those two heroes.
    So they switched between their two hero's instead of staying on one. so they DID switch.

Comp is not the place for mains, because of this situation. You can play any of the available heroes

I'm sorry that is completely ridiculous. I have two mains, Reaper and D.VA, before setting a single toe into comp I played quick play for hours to get good at those characters. Yes you need to be diverse and be able to play other heroes but you don't jump ship on to something you can't play for shit because it's optimum. You tell your team you can't play them well and 9/10 if you're polite, someone will offer to change up.

You cannot choose to play only two and demand everyone else switch to cater to your needs. That's harrassment/trolling.
    But you can be demanded to switch to something you're not comfortable with? I'm not exactly sure what the difference between the two parties in this situation would be? You are literally saying it's not alright for one person to do something, but its perfectly acceptable for someone else to demand it.

If someone has two or three main characters they can play really well and shit on the rest of them, why should they change? What if they don't enjoy other characters? Take me for example I apparently got reported the other night because I played Dva instead of Winston to chase down a WM. I hate Winston

You cannot choose to play only two and insist your character be good in every situation - They will not be good for every situation and switching IS required to win the game. Choosing not to WILL get you reported for trolling, because that's what it appears to be, your intention is irrelevant as no one on Blizzard's side of things could know your intention.
    No character is good in every situation, even in meta picks, people can get whipped by other heroes that shouldn't be a threat. That doesn't change if you play 1 2 3 5 what ever heroes. I've seen WM and hanzos carry games where the team has screamed at them to change.

The simple solution: Be flexible, play what your team needs. You WILL NOT get 100 reports out of just doing that, and therefore will not be banned. The more you limit your choice, the more you appear to be a troll, the more likely you get reported and the more likely you get banned.

The solution is simple, don't tell people they can't demand for others to change, if you're demanding them to change. Especially when you don't have a clue who they are, what they play, what they like or dislike. That's so arrogant.

And once again, for all the reasons I posted, that is why blizzard state in the report function - don't report people for character picks.

By all means if they say you guys suck or noob team THEN switch to something like hanzo wm or torb and fuck around THEN you report them for trolling. But you don't fucking report people before they've done something wrong for playing what they like or can do the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, now can you do those things again and win the game?
    Maybe. Maybe it's something you can snowball from and don't need to, or can at the very least make significant progress from.

If you're getting carried for the majority of a match and make ONE DECENT PLAY that moves the game along a LITTLE BIT, that's still trolling. It doesn't suddenly become NOT trolling because you get one decent play, you still sucked for a large majority of the match and likely lost the game.

Comp is not the place for risks. Play quick play if you're 'testing things out.' That's what it's there for, you don't get to claim high ground by ruining someone else's rating on a "one-hit success" that failed 30 times before you managed it. Which we do know is what happened - You can't be reported 100 times in a single game, at maximum you can receive 11 reports a game. (5 from your team, 6 from enemy team.) So you're talking a MINIMUM of 10 straight games where EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE GAME aside from yourself thought you were trolling/harassing, to the point where they ALL went through the trouble of reporting you. (It's hard enough to get YOUR OWN TEAM to all report a single person, nevermind the entire rest of the game.)

That doesn't happen "when someone is testing things out" or "im this close to success but keep juuuuuust missing it", nor even when "i pick a bad champion."
    This isn't about "trying something new", this is using a specific hero and strategy to try to break a deadlock. I can 'feed ult' while I 'farm ult' on D.Va to place a Self Destruct I've planted 100 times already that has a high success rate at securing a multi-kill from which we snowball no one will ever question me on that. It's not really any different on Widowmaker Vs Bastion/Orisa or Sombra against Reinhardt/D.Va. They're tried and tested strategies, but ones you can't or won't necessarily pull off first time, first attempt.

It's worse if I don't try these things from my experience, because we just go fucking nowhere running into chainguns and barriers for 4 minutes until the timer runs out.

Once that deadlock is broken, you can very often just roll to the end as the opposition either trickle back, or just don't have the time or space to re-set their defensive positions, and now they're the ones in a mess of having to switch up to counter you.

You clearly haven't played enough Widowmaker or Sombra yourself to see just how much they effect other teams' compositions and playstyles. A half decent Widow having a good day changes the entire dynamic of the match. 9/10 times one of their players will try to counter with Widow, and they'll probably not be as good and won't be warmed up like your own. I've seen Tank players end up cycling through half the roster while they figure out how to deal with Sombra - I've been there myself.