Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Could next X-Pac bring Azshara, N'zoth and Murozond all together?

Hey guys ¡ I'm reading a lot of speculation about next X-Pac, obviously the general thought is that Azshara and N'zoth are next, and I agree with this idea (hopefully with another world revamp), but there is another line of thought claiming that Nozdormu might finally became Murozond, and thus taking us to a timetravel X-Pac, which I think that is never going to happen.

What I see happening is Murozond being a side threat like the Emerald Dream was in Legion, which we'll be solving in a raid. Let's see some facts here:

- How big a timetravel X-Pac will have to be? If they do it, it will focused in past Azeroth, meaning that they will have to do a huge continent (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, or both together as they were before The Sundering). I just don't see them putting a few zones together and huge mountains or invisible walls to avoid us visiting the rest of the continent.

- Which threats will be facing? Infinite Dragonflight, Trolls and some Old Gods? Not enough for a full X-Pac with 3 big patches. I mean, probably they will manage to come up with more stuff, but those will have to be the focus, and they aren't enough IMO.

Infinite Dragonflight is Murozond, and maybe Chromie, Kairoz (already dead but who knows)? Not more than one raid.

We have decimated trolls in past expansions, don't even know one name of an important troll in those times, so I don't see them filling more than a raid.

Old Gods were still imprisoned in the past, so if we were to fight them again, the X-Pac will have to feature Ulduar, Ahn'qiraj, Pandaria... again. Highly unlikely.

- Nozdormu/Murozond, and the Aspects in general, have always been 'related' to the Old Gods, meaning that the Old Gods were always trying to corrupt/eliminate them (and they have been doing a pretty good job at it). Recently Ion said that Dragons will be important again in the future, guess when Dragons were very important, in Cataclysm, a heavily Old God themed expansion. Its only natural that they appear again when we face N'zoth.

- Let's see our history and the state of the Dragonflights:

Blue: Malygos dead and Kalecgos is a member of The Council of Dalaran. Important role in WOTLK and a questline in Legion. Few of them left.

Red: Alextrasza missing in Legion (maybe fighting the Legion in Northrend?). Presumably she's alive and well. Important roles in WOTLK and Cataclysm and a little cameo in DK class quests in Legion showing that they're not in their best.

Green: Ysera dead. Important role in Legion. Don't know their numbers but after Ysera's death and the healing of the Emerald Dream I supposed that they will head there. Probably we won't hear much of them in a long time.

Black: Deathwing dead. Important role in Cataclysm. Wrathion and Ebonheart will have a role in the future, when it suits Blizzard.

Bronze: Nozdormu alive but missing (as always). Dungeons in BC, WOTLK and important role in Cataclysm. Infinite Dragonflight were important in the liberation of Garrosh from his trial, thus provoking WoD, but in said expansion they didn't appear at all.

After this analysis, is clear to me that of all the Dragonflights, the Bronze is probably the one in better shape, as they never get involved in anything unless is strictly necessary.

So, honestly, what else has Nozdormu to do? He did his part, he helped stop Deathwing, losing, like all the other Aspects, a huge part of his power in the process. He knows that he will become Murozond, and that we will have to kill him.

When is going to be a better moment for that, that when N'zoth raises to conquer Azeroth? He has Azshara as an allie, sure, but having the Bronze Dragonflight will help ensuring his victory. N'zoth can corrupt Nozdormu, as he corrupted Neltharion.

N'zoth, Azshara and Murozond are the threats left in Azeroth. While I think that it will be possible to make individual expansions from Azshara and the Naga and the Old Gods an their minions, I don't think that the Infinite Dragonflight could lead one on their own.

What do you think? Do you think that Murozond could have his own X-Pac? How that would be?
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2017-07-30 at 05:21 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

If they did a timeless expansion pack, I would expect it to be, well, timeless and not stuck on a specific time period. As far as time-travel goes I prefer the idea of a CoT "continent" where each area is from a different time pocket and possibly even a different planet, but they all together just kind of form a timey-wimey continental landmass thing. And I disagree it has to be on the past, we could visit very diferent futures also, it stands to reason that there are infinitely more futures than there are pasts, and many players are really not open to the idea of revisiting the past any time soon after WoD.

Likely.

They did both Argus, Sargeras' fall, and The Invasion of Azeroth in 1 expac. So, it's only natural.

I was under the assumption that the Titans showed Nozmordu his future which started it all and then the Old Gods persuaded him to try and subvert his own death, the Infinite Dragonflight marched on to do that. There could be a lot on play with the Titans once again especially with how 7.3 plays out currently. I mean it was the Titans themselves that made Dragonflight, including them would be natural and I mean you could build a story around Nozdormu's struggle and the Infinite Dragonflight fruiting too then again overlap that with Old Gods too.
    Who doesn't want to see an Infinite Chromie?!

The dragons have ALWAYS been important. Cataclysm with Deathwing don't make them anymore important than they should be, after all the Dragonflights have persisted within the game since Vanilla! Even the old World Dragon Bosses in Seradane, Duskwood and such are the Nightmare Dragons in the Emerald Nightmare raid!!! Ysondre, Taerar and co. Obviously Burning Crusade they weren't really needed and they aren't native to Outland so I don't see why they would join us when their charge is to protect Azeroth itself, walking away from it to Outland won't keep the World Soul safe.
    In Cataclysm, they actually achieved their goal in protecting Azeroth and became mortal from it which does help us in killing Murozond in End Time.
    They are still important now and why we went to Chromie's aid otherwise really we could shrug it off and be like "We got Legion to deal with, back off." We even before that went out of our way to help the Blue Dragonflight by healing Senegos, staving off the Nightborne Withered, helping Azuregos in Coldarra from Etherael playing with leylines inclusive of Nexus too and Kalec is part of the Council of Six.

If Deathwing alone can have an expansion then I don't see why Murozond can't either. The only issue with that is Murozond doesn't have the same destructive foreshadowing and ability to terraform unless he fucks the timeline and we are on a mission to prevent that. That would easily be sufficient and allow for a nice overall theme with intermissions of other themes from the said fissures in timelines, heck it could be a fucking awesome vehicle to display some of the lore within Chronicles that currently withheld in these books!

I dunno for me, having all 3 threats in one expansion is wasted potential for future expansions. We also don't know who was at least responsible for Murozond's change compared to N'Zoth with Azshara. Granted that N'Zoth is the last one left, Y'Sharrj still managed to influence Garrosh beyond his grave. If Y'shaarj can do that while dead, the other two Old Gods can manipulate things while building it's physicality again.

They could actually use a Murozond expansion to then bleed into a N'Zoth and Azshara so easily and again make it a 3-4 year expansion set compared to 1-2 years and having all three. They did say that they could go to 2024 with World of Warcraft, having 2 expansions is by far better for the lore, story-telling and most important of it all; Profit.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6423276/
    https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7...around-in-2024

They will extend the story as much as they can and actually (hopefuly...) try to tell the story properly. What I would like to see or something similar happening is:
    Expansion #1: we go back to Northrend, dabble in dragons and the Lich King, he's already trying to push his luck onto the Dragons for his own way and maybe Bolvar is losing his humanity like Arthas was, we manage to qwell him for now. As we are fighting Bolvar/Lich King things get messed up even more for Dragonflight and is pushing Nozdormu further into the arms of being Murozond. Being near Yogg'Saron and maybe N'Zoth too slowly corrupts him and he turns into Murozond at the end of the expansion #1.
    Exansions #2: Murozond goes a major trip and tries to actually enact his subversion of his death, he messes with timelines that causes the land to change and we fight to correct them because with the constant overlap of time, it's hurting Azeroth because in each timeline Azeroth isn't so good as the MU one. We manage to restore these pockets of time distortion until we finally nail Murozond. In all this time these pockets have allowed N'Zoth and Azshara to exploit our wayward glance and been trying to return to the surface with the Void. We slay Murozond and end expansion #2.
    Expansion #3: With Murozond dead, everyone is recovering from the turmoil that he wrought and trying to repair the land and Azeroth herself since the time lapses have made it difficult, this has made her weak and then N'Zoth and Azshara ready their attack to try and help the Void claim Azeroth as a Titan for themselves.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-30 at 08:10 PM.

Azshara and N'Zoth as the main focus, Murozond and a good old Troll raid as secondary threats.

There's plenty of foes if the next expansion is related to Azshara, N'Zoth and the South Sea Archipelago:
    - Azshara and the Nagas (+ enslaved/void corrupted GilGoblins, Murlocs and Makuras)
    - N'Zoth and his minions
    - The Bloodsail buccaneers changed by N'Zoth (Davy Jones ohohoh!)
    - Zul and the evil Zandalari trolls (assuming we will ally with a Zandalari rebellion)
    - the Venture Company
    - Corrupted Vrykuls
    - and other races we will discover.

They are all related to the sea, they can move or sail in/on the water.

My thoughts on Murozond : he would only exist if we didn't fight Deathwing with the Aspects' help. As long as Deathwing was alive, Nozdormu's future was "possible", reason why as Murozond he could travel through time and try to change the events. Now that the Aspects lost their powers when we killed Deathwing, Nozdormu can't be Murozond, we avoided that "possible" future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    There's plenty of foes if the next expansion is related to Azshara, N'Zoth and the South Sea Archipelago:
    - Azshara and the Nagas (+ enslaved/void corrupted GilGoblins, Murlocs and Makuras)
    - N'Zoth and his minions
    - Zul and the evil Zandalari trolls (assuming we will ally with a Zandalari rebellion)
    - the Venture Company
    - Corrupted Vrykuls

My thoughts on Murozond : he would only exist if we didn't fight Deathwing with the Aspects' help. As long as Deathwing was alive, Nozdormu's future was "possible", reason why as Murozond he could travel through time and try to change the events. Now that the Aspects lost their powers when we killed Deathwing, Nozdormu can't be Murozond, we avoided that "possible" future.
    We don't know that. Murozond could be the result of an attempt to get his powers back with help from the Old Gods, so he can subvert his death. Nozdormu even tells us that is still in the future for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    - N'Zoth and his minions
    - the Venture Company
    - Corrupted Vrykuls

Thing is, they haven't lost all their powers ascan be assumed really.
    They said they in the cinematic will "see this world through mortal eyes" and "our ancient power expended". But that doesn't say "all our power".

And really, it isn't all or otherwise the Chromie scenario to time travel 4 hours into the past and eventualy 15 wouldn't make sense to a degree. Nozdormu was the figurehead, why would someone below his capability still be able to time travel?
    Or why is Kalec on the Council of Six in Dalaran? He helped empower your artifact with Arcane magic, he is still an Archmage after being made mortal. Things like Senegos too wouldn't compute either.
    Or Y'sera, it took 3 people to summon her from the dream. Why would Xavius corrupt Y'sera to destroy the Temple of Elune? If she is a shitty, useless dragon... why bother on both sides of the fight for Azeroth?
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-30 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    What do you think? Do you think that Murozond could have his own X-Pac? How that would be?
    I don't think recreating Azeroth fully is necessary for a Murozond expack. It could work like this: Caverns of Time as the main hub like Dalaran. And then the new leveling zones could be the past versions of some of the old leveling zones, each at a different point of time. I personally would like to see:

A past version of Ghostlands where it used to be Amani forests during the Troll Wars
    Uldum as a jungle filled with waterfalls and pristine lakes, just before the Tol'vir fired their Anti-Thunder King cannon
    And a post-apocalyptic future for a patch as Murozond's hiding location / lair or something like that. I just love wandering to bad futures, futures where we lose. The tension would be too awesome for me to handle. I wouldn't even mind if the whole expansion was set in a half-destroyed half-crippled bad future Azeroth.

But there are some problems that would also come with this expack, mainly:

a) I think restricting zones with invisible walls kinda kills the freedom of exploration since these zones would have to be instance-like zones not really open-world
    b) We should really focus on new lore while we can, instead of bringing back and reliving the new. Yes it'd be awesome to have an expack mainly around going to the past and fighting alongside those old lore figures (I personally would love to see Anasterian and Thoradin in their full glory) but with that the lore progression would also halt. The best thing about every new expansion is the new lore that comes with it if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I don't think recreating Azeroth fully is necessary for a Murozond expack. It could work like this: Caverns of Time as the main hub like Dalaran. And then the new leveling zones could be the past versions of some of the old leveling zones, each at a different point of time. I personally would like to see:

A past version of Ghostlands where it used to be Amani forests during the Troll Wars
    Uldum as a jungle filled with waterfalls and pristine lakes, just before the Tol'vir fired their Anti-Thunder King cannon
    And a post-apocalyptic future for a patch as Murozond's hiding location / lair or something like that. I just love wandering to bad futures, futures where we lose. The tension would be too awesome for me to handle. I wouldn't even mind if the whole expansion was set in a half-destroyed half-crippled bad future Azeroth.

But there are some problems that would also come with this expack, mainly:

a) I think restricting zones with invisible walls kinda kills the freedom of exploration since these zones would have to be instance-like zones not really open-world
    b) We should really focus on new lore while we can, instead of bringing back and reliving the new. Yes it'd be awesome to have an expack mainly around going to the past and fighting alongside those old lore figures (I personally would love to see Anasterian and Thoradin in their full glory) but with that the lore progression would also halt. The best thing about every new expansion is the new lore that comes with it if you ask me.
    I'm not really sure lore progression would stop, just as much as it would. Depends what you mean by lore progression.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I was under the assumption that the Titans showed Nozmordu his future which started it all and then the Old Gods persuaded him to try and subvert his own death, the Infinite Dragonflight marched on to do that. There could be a lot on play with the Titans once again especially with how 7.3 plays out currently. I mean it was the Titans themselves that made Dragonflight, including them would be natural and I mean you could build a story around Nozdormu's struggle and the Infinite Dragonflight fruiting too then again overlap that with Old Gods too.
    Who doesn't want to see an Infinite Chromie?!

The dragons have ALWAYS been important. Cataclysm with Deathwing don't make them anymore important than they should be, after all the Dragonflights have persisted within the game since Vanilla! Even the old World Dragon Bosses in Seradane, Duskwood and such are the Nightmare Dragons in the Emerald Nightmare raid!!! Ysondre, Taerar and co. Obviously Burning Crusade they weren't really needed and they aren't native to Outland so I don't see why they would join us when their charge is to protect Azeroth itself, walking away from it to Outland won't keep the World Soul safe.
    In Cataclysm, they actually achieved their goal in protecting Azeroth and became mortal from it which does help us in killing Murozond in End Time.
    They are still important now and why we went to Chromie's aid otherwise really we could shrug it off and be like "We got Legion to deal with, back off." We even before that went out of our way to help the Blue Dragonflight by healing Senegos, staving off the Nightborne Withered, helping Azuregos in Coldarra from Etherael playing with leylines inclusive of Nexus too and Kalec is part of the Council of Six.

If Deathwing alone can have an expansion then I don't see why Murozond can't either. The only issue with that is Murozond doesn't have the same destructive foreshadowing and ability to terraform unless he fucks the timeline and we are on a mission to prevent that. That would easily be sufficient and allow for a nice overall theme with intermissions of other themes from the said fissures in timelines, heck it could be a fucking awesome vehicle to display some of the lore within Chronicles that currently withheld in these books!

I dunno for me, having all 3 threats in one expansion is wasted potential for future expansions. We also don't know who was at least responsible for Murozond's change compared to N'Zoth with Azshara. Granted that N'Zoth is the last one left, Y'Sharrj still managed to influence Garrosh beyond his grave. If Y'shaarj can do that while dead, the other two Old Gods can manipulate things while building it's physicality again.

They could actually use a Murozond expansion to then bleed into a N'Zoth and Azshara so easily and again make it a 3-4 year expansion set compared to 1-2 years and having all three. They did say that they could go to 2024 with World of Warcraft, having 2 expansions is by far better for the lore, story-telling and most important of it all; Profit.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6423276/
    https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7...around-in-2024

They will extend the story as much as they can and actually (hopefuly...) try to tell the story properly. What I would like to see or something similar happening is:
    Expansion #1: we go back to Northrend, dabble in dragons and the Lich King, he's already trying to push his luck onto the Dragons for his own way and maybe Bolvar is losing his humanity like Arthas was, we manage to qwell him for now. As we are fighting Bolvar/Lich King things get messed up even more for Dragonflight and is pushing Nozdormu further into the arms of being Murozond. Being near Yogg'Saron and maybe N'Zoth too slowly corrupts him and he turns into Murozond at the end of the expansion #1.
    Exansions #2: Murozond goes a major trip and tries to actually enact his subversion of his death, he messes with timelines that causes the land to change and we fight to correct them because with the constant overlap of time, it's hurting Azeroth because in each timeline Azeroth isn't so good as the MU one. We manage to restore these pockets of time distortion until we finally nail Murozond. In all this time these pockets have allowed N'Zoth and Azshara to exploit our wayward glance and been trying to return to the surface with the Void. We slay Murozond and end expansion #2.
    Expansion #3: With Murozond dead, everyone is recovering from the turmoil that he wrought and trying to repair the land and Azeroth herself since the time lapses have made it difficult, this has made her weak and then N'Zoth and Azshara ready their attack to try and help the Void claim Azeroth as a Titan for themselves.
    New lore=titans never met Nozdormu.

Nozdormu will turn into Murozond, we know that as a fact. However, Murozond dies in End Time, so if we do have to face him again at some point, he can't die.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think it'll be Azshara, N'zoth and Zul as the three main baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not really sure lore progression would stop, just as much as it would. Depends what you mean by lore progression.
    You know with every expansion the lore gets wider, bigger and we learn something new, we see new cultures and races, beasts etc. discover new places, learn more about history and events, it's all new things y'know. I don't think an infinite dragonflight expansion can do that. Basically it'd be the same old lore events replayed also with our influence. Nothing new, y'know?

Edit: I probably used the wrong words. Should have said "lore richness" (I guess) instead of "lore progression". My bad.

Deleted
    All this time travel will end up like the last season flash .

I can see some underwater activity or else why would they bring the felslate anchor as a bs crafted item that late in the expansion and since we know that in Argus not much underwater stuff are to be done. Anyways i will defo use it for some underwater world exploration previously unable to perform due to fatigue . And I will try to drown myself in the circle of stars once i find a decent location .....

Dunno where Murozond came from -- we wrapped that up already, albeit in a disappointing and boring way -- but Azshara is absolutely being hinted at.

I don't know if we'll kill off N'zoth so early, but maybe. He's the last old god so it would be odd to kill him off so quickly, but ... maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I think it'll be Azshara, N'zoth and Zul as the three main baddies.
    Zul might not end up being a bad guy. There have been some odd things implying he might be a sympathetic character. we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    New lore=titans never met Nozdormu.
    Shame too since End Time was an interesting turn of events.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-31 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Dunno where Murozond came from -- we wrapped that up already, albeit in a disappointing and boring way --
    Wrapped that up already? No we didn't:
    "At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Nozdormu will turn into Murozond, we know that as a fact. However, Murozond dies in End Time, so if we do have to face him again at some point, he can't die.
    On the other hand, we still haven't seen his descent into madness, so there's still story to tell. We might even end up having to assure it happens, since we already killed him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Wrapped that up already? No we didn't:
    Definitely. The timeline of Murozond is a bit odd, with his death happening relatively early in the story.