Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    eh it's like answering "nothing" when someone's asking what you're doing.
    you just spew out whatever is convenient to make them shut it and move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have time to give up beer. So no I do not have time to lose this bit of spare tire I carry around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Awwwwwww mate!!! It's tough mate!! By the time I've worked my 5 hour shift at the Maccy D's, had a couple of pints down the King Billy, checked facebook and snapchat, watched Love Island and Game of Thrones, I've got NO time to work out mate!!! It's the government!

15+ Year Old Account
    There are days most weeks I leave the house early in the morning and don't get home until bed time, and at that time I can't work out at all because it'd wake me up and mess up my sleep. It's a perfectly fine reason some of the time.

I seriously doubt peoples lives are that busy every day though. It just means they'd rather do other stuff or feel like they don't have the excess energy for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    I don't so I'll prob have to buy the heavy lifting set. This being said there is no excuse for a young guy not to work out. Regular exercises at home will keep him in check. And if he adds diet to it it will boost his gains 3x. Seriously a lot of people ignore diet but it's VERY IMPORTANT. Reducing the ammount of fats and suger you intake will mean you will need less exercise to burn it off.

And it's easy just to say no to this two while eating regular food. Meat: pick chicken, turkey, beef. Drinks: pick ONLY ONE sugery drink (Coke, Pepsi) per day and replace the rest with regular water! Do this one month and anyone will see a weight loss.
    I agree, diet is important. More important even than the exercise itself, I'd personally argue (though not by much).

When it comes to dieting, what's critical is that it is something you can sustain your entire life. It's better to have a diet that isn't perfect but it overall far better than, well, a tremendously bad one. If you are just going to cheat every time your diet doesn't work out for you, chances are you will either give up entirely or just get worse off than you would have otherwise.

Otherwise I agree fully. Good advice here.

I dont give a fuck is my excuse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Asking others why they don't work out is pretty rude and frankly is really none of anyone's business.
    Completely agree.

I'm not in the habit of deciding for others what they can do or not and how they should be spending their time.

If they say "I don't have time" when I ask them out for a walk, then I'll accept. I also don't put pressure on people to exercise, they're free to decide for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy is overused as a term. It's not limited to laziness. In fact, that tends to be astoundingly rare.

It's a fear of commitment, a fear of failure, a fear of being unable to make it through, a fear of judgment and/or a fear of change.

What if I commit to a gym but end up being unable to make it worth it?
    What if I can't lose weight?
    What if I lose my motivation?
    What will people think when seeing me at the gym?
    How will I be able to push this through my schedule?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Everyone has the same amount of time.

I don't have money ... now that's a good reason.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think this quite works - Shakespeare is a narrow, specific subset of intellectual/cultural content. I think the appropriate analogy in the physical world would be to say that I can't fault someone for preferring cycling, or running, or basketball, or weightlifting. I can, however, fault them for completely ignoring their physical development - I think being physically fit and gaining mastery over some physical pursuit is inherently virtuous and improves life satisfaction considerably.

Someone completely ignoring physical development isn't quite the same as not reading Shakespeare - it's the equivalent of someone that says, "I don't read". I guess that's a choice they can make and we can all prioritize as we like in life, but I'd say that this is very poor prioritization that results in someone missing out on a rich, fulfilling part of the human experience.
    Unless you are literally a shut-in couch potato never leaving your room, you WILL get some exercise every day. Purely by virtue of being alive. Even if that exercise is just rushing for a meeting room in the other end of the office every 2 hours, cleaning up the apartment, getting through the grocery store or similar. The physical equivalency of illiteracy isn't possible.

My grandmothers were a housewife and head nurse respectively. Neither ever "worked out". Neither were fat in any imagination. One died to a stroke at the age of 67. The other lived to the age of 98, and was quite mobile at least until she turned 90. Working out isn't necessary for living a healthy life, and the idea that you MUST work out is nonsense. It is largely agreed upon that it will help your health though. I'm not arguing against that. I'm saying it is a priority issue if you do. And I am not gonna hold it against someone spending that half hour as quality time with their kids rather than biking around the city.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's a fear of commitment, a fear of failure, a fear of being unable to make it through, a fear of judgment and/or a fear of change.
    Let's be perfectly honest here. Extremely rarely it's "fear", and even more rarely it's "laziness". What it is, almost always, is not giving a shit.

But, see... That's the thing. Fat shamers can't attack someone's indifference. You can't insult someone when they're being indifferent. You can call them lazy, you can call them fearful, and you can call them all kinds of other names...but when they're indifferent, and when they don't give a shit, you can't insult them, and you can't attack them.

Thus, fat shamers ignore reality, which is that most people just don't give a shit, and instead, they come up with "laziness" and so on. Just so they'll have ammunition they can use to insult the people they want to insult.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-08-01 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a good excuse
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Let's be perfectly honest here. Extremely rarely it's "fear", and even more rarely it's "laziness". What it is, almost always, is not giving a shit.

But, see... That's the thing. Fat shamers can't attack someone's indifference. You can't insult someone when they're being indifferent. You can call them lazy, you can call them fearful, and you can call them all kinds of other names...but when they're indifferent, and when they don't give a shit, you can't insult them, and you can't attack them.

Thus, fat shamers ignore reality, which is that most people just don't give a shit, and instead, they come up with "laziness" and so on. Just so they'll have ammunition they can use to insult the people they want to insult.
    Woah. This wasn't intended as "shaming". This was intended as a real issue. Sure, you're not giving a fuck, you, as an individual (and answering me on mmoc-ot). But that's not the case for everyone.

You can try to downplay the role of anxiety. But the truth is that while some people don't care, a lot do. And they don't have the resources to overcome that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgeit View Post
    When people say they don't have time to workout, is that just an excuse to be lazy? I hear alot of my friends and family say this, but obly average I find them to be wasting their free time more than anything.
    Being a vain and narcissistic self-obsessed gym rat is a terrible use of your free time. You aren't get anything productive done.

Deleted
    We all have enough time to work-out.

So yes, it's a bad excuse!

I am one who "doesn't have the time". Despite that I do try at least run/walk every Sunday morning with a friend. I use to do running 3-4 times a week but because I am going to university, my sons are going to school, I need to still organise things but I had to fix my application, student finance, school placements, after-school club, money arrangements and doing this I have to have a sense of hygiene, look after two kids, shop, cook, clean, work part-time, have 5 minutes relaxation and more!

It can be difficult, I to started to do things while watching netflix granted I was ill for the last month or so but sometimes it's not an outright excuse, it's just the lowest priority going. If it is used as an excuse, it can be a blanket explanation that they don't know how to add it to their lives and manage everything else.

Deleted
    Woah. This wasn't intended as "shaming".
    Well, in all fairness, I didn't really care what you wrote, I just used it as a spring board to make a post, and I didn't really bother aiming it at you, specifically. Nor did I really bother pointing out that it wasn't really aimed at you.

Sure, you're not giving a fuck, you, as an individual (and answering me on mmoc-ot). But that's not the case for everyone.
    I, personally, actually do give a fuck. But that's not the case for everyone, and for most people it's the opposite. They just don't care. And fat shamers (whether you're one or not doesn't really have any relevance whatsoever, so I'm not talking about you specifically) can't attack their indifference. I mean, think about it...

"You're lazy!" <- That's an insult, and that works.
    "You're indifferent!" <- OK...so? That doesn't work.

The "i don't have time" is an excuse a lot of people use for a lot of things, when they should just say "I don't want to". If you wanted to, you would find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Unless you are literally a shut-in couch potato never leaving your room, you WILL get some exercise every day. Purely by virtue of being alive. Even if that exercise is just rushing for a meeting room in the other end of the office every 2 hours, cleaning up the apartment, getting through the grocery store or similar. The physical equivalency of illiteracy isn't possible.

My grandmothers were a housewife and head nurse respectively. Neither ever "worked out". Neither were fat in any imagination. One died to a stroke at the age of 67. The other lived to the age of 98, and was quite mobile at least until she turned 90. Working out isn't necessary for living a healthy life, and the idea that you MUST work out is nonsense. It is largely agreed upon that it will help your health though. I'm not arguing against that. I'm saying it is a priority issue if you do. And I am not gonna hold it against someone spending that half hour as quality time with their kids rather than biking around the city.
    I don't think this meaningfully addresses what I wrote. Just maintaining the ability to walk is about the physical equivalent of being able to read a menu at a restaurant. OK, it's better than being so sedentary that loss of ambulation is the outcome, but it's not at all the same as what I'm referring to. Anyway, this specific topic is fairly narrow in the context of the modern United States anyway; the number of people who are basically healthy and just don't want to engage in any sports is a minority of the country.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you think the distinction between laziness and not giving a shit is. Apathy and laziness are pretty similar and it's not like apathy is any more admirable of a characteristic.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, in all fairness, I didn't really care what you wrote, I just used it as a spring board to make a post, and I didn't really bother aiming it at you, specifically. Nor did I really bother pointing out that it wasn't really aimed at you.

I, personally, actually do give a fuck. But that's not the case for everyone, and for most people it's the opposite. They just don't care. And fat shamers (whether you're one or not doesn't really have any relevance whatsoever, so I'm not talking about you specifically) can't attack their indifference. I mean, think about it...

"You're lazy!" <- That's an insult, and that works.
    "You're indifferent!" <- OK...so? That doesn't work.
    Sure it does - "you're so apathetic about your appearance, health, and fitness and that you can't even be bothered to go for a walk". Swapping in apathy for laziness just makes this a bit more pathetic rather than quite as actively loathsome, but there's really no difference.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2017-08-01 at 12:25 PM.