Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Legion kind of connected stories and characters from before MoP though. Like Illidan for example.
    Yes. And even the Lich King has some importance in Legion.

I see Legion as the end of an age. Warcraft story is being wrapped up so it can start anew. Characters are dying, open story threads are being closed, there's a chance of a new generation of leaders (and maybe even player characters).

Whatever next expansion is about, I bet it will: develop the Horde, deal with rebuilding the world (or getting the resources to rebuild it) and seed new villains/plots. I don't think the Void is going to be the main threat any time soon, it will probably be developed for many years, appearing as side quests, until it is ready to become the center of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Yes. And even the Lich King has some importance in Legion.

I see Legion as the end of an age. Warcraft story is being wrapped up so it can start anew. Characters are dying, open story threads are being closed, there's a chance of a new generation of leaders (and maybe even player characters).

Whatever next expansion is about, I bet it will: develop the Horde, deal with rebuilding the world (or getting the resources to rebuild it) and seed new villains/plots. I don't think the Void is going to be the main threat any time soon, it will probably be developed for many years, appearing as side quests, until it is ready to become the center of an expansion.
    Not necessarily a lot of plots are being dealt with but still leaving some to develop again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not necessarily a lot of plots are being dealt with but still leaving some to develop again.
    It does not give closure to everything, of course. But they are ending an era. At least in my eyes, Legion feels like the "end" of a chapter in Azeroth story. Whatever comes next, it will probably feel like a new beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Legion kind of connected stories and characters from before MoP though. Like Illidan for example.
    Well yeah, that's right. But the story arc right now is spanning from MoP -> WoD -> Legion. TBC set some events as well but everything started with Garrosh escaping.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    (End of) MoP, WoD and Legion are connected, MoP started the events that resulted in everything that's happening now. No expansion before MoP did that, all of them were somehow secluded until MoP started a story that's spanning 3 expansions now. Legion will jbe the end to this story arc and end the Burning Legion.
    You forgot the reason why Pandaria got discovered because of Deathwing's Sundering. The protective shield that hid Pandaria or mist got removed so that's why naval army and team of Alliance and Horde was able to step a foot on Pandaria soil. Thus the prequel sequel.
    If not for WoW:Cata Mist would still be hidden from the world. There will be no Dragon Soul raid making the Dragon aspects Mortal leading to Ysera's demise.
    If not for WoW:Cata Gilneans would still be trapped amd secluded with their nation's walls, no Greymane and no Sylvanas vs. GM over Eyr.
    If not for BC Nazgrel and Garrosh would stay in Outlands. Khadgar staying in Shattrath no Velen and the spacegoats. Garrosh wouldn't be made Warchief while World shaman Thrall is busy trying to resolve Sundering, MoP explanation Garrosh trying to show how the true Horde should be governed, no SoO. IF garrosh didn't escape he wouldn't be able to unleash Gul'dan in main timeline.

People say there is something wrong with how expac progress and how it is released because they didn't realize and fully analyze the implication of a cumulative events unfolding.
    - - - Updated - - -

People fail to see that WoW expansion are intertwined events from Vanilla to Legion.

Vanilla is the current state after WC3.
    BC is a flashback and both continuum of the story.Past and present are both converging the eventhorizon called now, back then.
    Follow up story of Illidan, Follow up story of the Highelves of QT now Blood Elves, Follow up story of scourge primarily the Plaguelands.

There is a saying in my country: "Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa kanyang pinagdaanan at nakaraan ay hindi makakarating sa paroonan."

When translated would have a message that: Whom ever who does not look back at his past and what he have gone through cannot reach his destination or the future

WotLK has same formula. Even Cata. More so with MoP, WoD and legion. World of Warcraft is Warcraft's Lore, History and Mythos served in front of you as the moment or NoW.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-08-01 at 08:48 PM.

It does not give closure to everything, of course. But they are ending an era. At least in my eyes, Legion feels like the "end" of a chapter in Azeroth story. Whatever comes next, it will probably feel like a new beginning.
    I disagree.

The only plot really closing is the story of the Draenei and Argus. Which mind you, much of was created and elaborated on in the Burning Crusade. I would highly suspect we might one day see a new expansion wrap up the loose ends of WotLK as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I disagree.

The only plot really closing is the story of the Draenei and Argus. Which mind you, much of was created and elaborated on in the Burning Crusade. I would highly suspect we might one day see a new expansion wrap up the loose ends of WotLK as well.
    The Burning Legion was the big threat since ever, and not only to the Draenei. The Burning Legion is the reason the world was shattered, why the Horde began, how the Lich King came into being. The entire franchise was based on the Burning Legion threat.

Just because it's a new beginning doesn't mean there won't be loose threads. The WotLK storyline was wrapped in WotLK itself. It just left hooks for the future, but whatever comes from the new Lich King will be new, not just a continuation of what Arthas was doing. Likewise, Legion will leave several loose ends, and that's fine. The important thing is that the "age of demons" will be over.

The only "old" big bads left are Azshara and N'Zoth. The new Lich King is new. We don't know much about the Void Lords. You can bet we will have a small interlude of (relative, non-world-ending threat) peace in which they'll seed more villains and new faction players.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Legion was the big threat since ever, and not only to the Draenei. The Burning Legion is the reason the world was shattered, why the Horde began, how the Lich King came into being. The entire franchise was based on the Burning Legion threat.

Just because it's a new beginning doesn't mean there won't be loose threads. The WotLK storyline was wrapped in WotLK itself. It just left hooks for the future, but whatever comes from the new Lich King will be new, not just a continuation of what Arthas was doing. Likewise, Legion will leave several loose ends, and that's fine. The important thing is that the "age of demons" will be over.

The only "old" big bads left are Azshara and N'Zoth. The new Lich King is new. We don't know much about the Void Lords. You can bet we will have a small interlude of (relative, non-world-ending threat) peace in which they'll seed more villains and new faction players.
    That is what I was trying to get across. There's going to be some BL threads/hooks around but like at the end of Wrath they're just background noise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

the "age of demons" will be over.
    The age of the burning legion is over. I fully expect demons to remain an important threat. Wouldn't be surprised if they broke down into smaller groups lead by strong demons (kind of like the Zerg when Kerrigan was gone), and I fully expect many demons to join the void lords.

Until Sargeras is dead it's not over. He's just imprisoned at the end of 7.3 right? He'll be back. No way he's not the final boss of WoW, whenever that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Until Sargeras is dead it's not over. He's just imprisoned at the end of 7.3 right? He'll be back. No way he's not the final boss of WoW, whenever that happens.
    I expect void pantheon to pop up in a few expansions after we learn more about the void lords

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The age of the burning legion is over. I fully expect demons to remain an important threat. Wouldn't be surprised if they broke down into smaller groups lead by strong demons (kind of like the Zerg when Kerrigan was gone), and I fully expect many demons to join the void lords.
    Of course there'll be demons.
    I'm just quoting Xe'ra.
    When you say "Age of X", it means "X" is the major defining factor during that time. "Age of Demons" is the age of the Burning Legion. Once it is over, demons will still exist, but won't be the power players they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Maybe, one day. But the age of demons will be over anyway. If Sargeras escapes, he will either come in person or waste time making a new Legion. There may be a "second age of demons" one day, but the past age will be over.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I watched Guild Wars 2 expansion reveal video and thought... they're adding a new spec to each of the 9 classes. Is the thought of WoW (as a bigger franchise) to do the same for all 12 classes still unreal?

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    So I watched Guild Wars 2 expansion reveal video and thought... they're adding a new spec to each of the 9 classes. Is the thought of WoW (as a bigger franchise) to do the same for all 12 classes still unreal?
    Yes it is, Guild Wars 2 Elite specializations are different from WoW specs and by far not as fleshed out as a WoW spec is. They are somehow limited and only offer ~ 5 new active skills and a bunch of passives. A spec in WoW would require 21 talents alone, then at least 5-10 new skills per spec and another 3-4 passive skills as well. Lets say 6 talents are shared, so 15 talents + 7 new skills + 3 passives = 25 new skills / traits per class = 25 x 12 = 300 new active / passive skills. Not going to happen, that's an insane amount of work. I would love to see a 4th spec for every class but instead of that they could give us 1, 2, 3 new classes which I prefer.

I think the only kind of "new spec" we're ever getting is the class overhaul with each new expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-01 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 7.4.

New raid Abyssal Maw 5 bosses. Cleanse the Abyssal Maw from its void corruption and save Neptulon.
    Eye of Azshara open world area updated and new world quests and faction added. Vashjir like area now surrounds it to make the playable area larger. Timeless Isle like.
    Updated dungeon Black Fathom Deeps. Normal/Heroic/Mythic. This will be an 8.0 dungeon but they are letting us play it early.
    Tol Barad updated and is now Under the control of Queen Azshara's Naga. PvP still happens.

How would you feel about that as a filler patch and also lead up patch to 8.0. Maybe 6 months after 7.3 and 4 or 5 before 8.0. Good bit of content, but they are reusing old areas so it makes it more plausible.

So...

On the front page, there's the following achievement:

http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/ic..._the_light.jpg

Kul Tiras... Admiral... Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

P.S. I don't know why we would have an achievement that's labeled, "Admiral of the Light."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Ok, thanks! Can't wait for Gamescom, I'm still confident it will announced then. Fingers crossed!
    Pfft... pfft!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    If Blizzard said "biggest gamescom yet" and it's no expansion reveal then how can it be the biggest? Hmm.
    When did they say that?

Well, 7.3 is about space ships and the leader of a fleet is called Admiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, 7.3 is about space ships and the leader of a fleet is called Admiral.
    Look... don't piss in my Cheerios.

I am really into speculating and I am convinced their image for their Q&A announcement of the Azshara statue in Tomb of Sargeras is another hint towards the long awaited Naga expansion but an Admiral is just an Admiral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Yes, because every class can't get another spec, like Demon Hunters and Druids.

More than likely, Blizzard will give us a new race and a new class. With Final Fantasy bringing 2 new classes in their new expansion, and now this from GW2, Blizzard needs to step their game up if they want to keep the numbers up.