10+ Year Old Account
    Watched Kimi no na wa for the 2nd time. Kind of wished I watched it again in theatres. It's just not the same on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    a few figures came in with it so I'll need to put those up later tonight.
    which figures? so we can make fun of your taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    worst review i have ever read, unironically
    I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    reminds me of the top review for shelter https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=232021
    worst review i have ever read, unironically
    I read the review, watched Shelter, and then re-read the review. Agree or disagree, I think that is a good review: well-written, explaining precisely why he found it distasteful. There is certainly a degree of exaggeration in his introduction ("This might be one of the worst things I have ever watched"), but after that I think his "rant" is very grounded. Similarly, a rating of (1) seems excessive, but I can see how Shelter is acting as the unfortunate proxy for his greater frustrations. I have been pretty vicious toward some series myself for similar reasons.

I am not sure what my own views are. My inner cynic tends to side with Zergneedsfood, but I don't want to give up on it just yet. What I do not understand, and perhaps I am simply confused on this, is that it appears at the end that she receives a message. Up to that point I was going to summarize it as, "little girl entombed in a virtual coffin in the void with no prospects of recovery." This made the final message of hope strike me as garishly inappropriate. However, I cannot end on just that opinion because apparently there was a reason for her to keep hanging on. These thoughts don't entirely negate the discussion of little-girl-in-disturbing-situation, though, so for now I'm simply going to sit on it and process.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    tl;dr moeblob casts don't always have to be a bad thing.
    I don't disagree with much of your defense. My complaint is on its over-utilization, especially when different choices simply make more sense. I do respect your defense in the case of PriPri, and again I don't think you're wrong; once they chose to use adolescent girls they built the story effectively around it. Yet this series is still going to end with the insurmountable absurdity of many situations. The level of exceptionalism and proficiency is simply beyond the pale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Was at work and i asked my friend if he was going to watch Kimi no na wa and asked what it was, so i told him and he called me a weeb. Then i poointed out so was he.
    He missed the opportunity to see it in theaters; his loss.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-08-02 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    which figures? so we can make fun of your taste.

I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not
    My Utaha 1/4 Freeing scale and Saber Kimono and Alters Alter Saber came in with Kimi no na wa along with a few other figures that came in yesterday.

I ended up watching Kimi no na wa twice tonight, I enjoyed the story/setting a lot and the visuals where just top notch paired with good music!

the face when you thought your name was pretty average. not a big fan of dramas/romances

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Obvious spoils:
    [video=youtube;s8qcmCqzbXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8qcmCqzbXE[video]

One of the videos in my suggestions while watching this was literally the same kind of video but just with Yuzuru's feet...

Obvious spoils:
    [video=youtube;s8qcmCqzbXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8qcmCqzbXE[video]
    Such a qt .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Marathoned through Castle Town Dandelion. Like Devil's A Part-Timer, a good short series that introduces the characters, and then stops. Unfortunately, this series has even more characters (NINE main ones and a multitude of side characters), so it makes it even worse. Considering it's a slice of life show where each character also has a special power, it also means that there could have been much more done. Plenty of potential character growth, especially with Akane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have that on my list to watch at some point, I know a few people enjoyed it a fair amount.
    I put it as an 8, so take that as a 6.5-7 from your average scorer
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have that on my list to watch at some point, I know a few people enjoyed it a fair amount.
    It's great. It just was too short, like pretty much any show that lasts one season. This one had the extra problem of having a very large cast as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sesto

What servant are you saving for? I think you said before but I forgot. I've been looking through and think I'm going to save all the way until Mordred. Such a long time with no summons, but it'll be worth it if I can get her in my life.

Currently playing through Trails of Cold Steel which just released on Steam today. Now THIS is the anime JRPG I've been waiting for, complete with all the typical anime tropes. With 5000 new voice lines too.

I'm twenty minutes in, my favorite line so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Rean (Main hero)
    "Huh, I totally forgot to ask for that girl's name. I guess I will find out later."
    I burst out laughing when I heard that. Yeah pal, she's the main heroine on the box art! But let's be honest: glasses-kun is best girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Currently playing through Trails of Cold Steel which just released on Steam today. Now THIS is the anime JRPG I've been waiting for, complete with all the typical anime tropes. With 5000 new voice lines too.
    I played a bit of the first game and got frustrated with it. Can't remember why. Not sure it's worth it to me to go through all four if I'm not enjoying the first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    @Sesto

What servant are you saving for? I think you said before but I forgot. I've been looking through and think I'm going to save all the way until Mordred. Such a long time with no summons, but it'll be worth it if I can get her in my life.
    My first goal was Altera, but that obviously failed. Also did a roll in JP for her today as she has a rate-up there too, but Nero spooked me again.

I'm kind of stuck on whether I should roll for my favourite Servants (which are mostly ones I already have in JP) or try for Servants I never managed to get in JP. I might wait for Scathach even though I have her already, as her first gacha also adds one of the best CEs in the game. Otherwise I'll probably wait for the Count of Monte Cristo. Though last time it took like 300+ quartz to get him so knowing my luck I'll be fucked over and waste everything for nothing.

Mordred is a good choice. Her first rate-up also has Fran from F/A, so you could get two cute Servants at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sakura Quest 18 - well that escalated quickly.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    My first goal was Altera, but that obviously failed. Also did a roll in JP for her today as she has a rate-up there too, but Nero spooked me again.

I'm kind of stuck on whether I should roll for my favourite Servants (which are mostly ones I already have in JP) or try for Servants I never managed to get in JP. I might wait for Scathach even though I have her already, as her first gacha also adds one of the best CEs in the game. Otherwise I'll probably wait for the Count of Monte Cristo. Though last time it took like 300+ quartz to get him so knowing my luck I'll be fucked over and waste everything for nothing.

Mordred is a good choice. Her first rate-up also has Fran from F/A, so you could get two cute Servants at once.
    Having only played on NA I want to roll for every servant, but I realize I should prioritize. Though being a collector I'm torn on rolling for Sakura Saber when she comes for a limited time, or keeping them all for Mordred. I just know if I roll for Sakura Saber though I'll roll until I get her or run out, and have none for Mordred.

Did my last roll today, and got a nice last surprise, second Nero. Made my friend who wants her really badly hate himself even more.

Gonna focus on farming ascension and leveling up as much as I can before Moon Goddess Festival though. I want to try and get my Waver and Heracles fully ascended as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I played a bit of the first game and got frustrated with it. Can't remember why. Not sure it's worth it to me to go through all four if I'm not enjoying the first.
    There's four Cold Steel games? There's only two out, with the third coming out soon. Did you mean the prequel series, Trails in the Sky? Because if you did, that's understandable. So far, I've found Cold Steel to be gripping.

Also, forget what I said about glasses-kun! I've found THE ONE TRUE WAIFU of Thor's Military Academy: student-council-president-kun! I'm absolutely serious folks FIGHT ME!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm five hours, and I'm absolutely loving Trails of Cold Steel! I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer game this much since... wow, last year's Banner Saga 2. The story is pretty interesting (Cold Steel is a trilogy of games that basically follows your typical shounen story path: starts off light hearted with the young heroes meeting each other and training their superpowers/magic/mecha piloting skills/whatever while the big evil plot slowly builds in the background before eventually something really big happens and our heroes embark on massive adventure to save the world. Trails of Cold Steel focuses on just the lighthearted build up part, with the sequel going full adventure/serious story). I haven't played a game that made me genuinely laugh out loud as much as I did today since Valkyria Chronicles.

Turbo mode is a god-send, and the game looks pretty good! Running on max settings (including Durante's new graphical additions for the PC port), and haven't encounter ANY framerate drops or crashes during my five hours so far. Impressive! The new dialogue made the game even more immersive.

Sara Veilstein has got to be one of my most favorite fictional teachers ever, and I mean she's up there with Kakashi! Darn woman, she's amazing!

Miss-student-council-president-kun is without a doubt, THE best girl of this game. My choice has been made for me...

I love how Jusis is a pretty friendly and humble noble, but he plays up the arrogant-entitled-prince stereotype just to mess with Machias.

Gaius is such a bro! *fistbumps*

Seriously, Cold Steel is great guys. If you want a quality, anime-esque JRPG to invest sixty hours into (possibly 200 hours if you play the entire Cold Steel trilogy), then pick this up. It's $36 on Steam for this week.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, the new Boruto episode came out today. Looks like they're adapting the Naruto Gaiden arc (Sarada meets Sasuke arc, and the whole "dad, why did you leave mom for fifteen years and never come home?" deal). This will be interesting...

Intrigued to hear about Studio Bones creating an original science fiction anime exclusively for Netflix. Didn't care much about their other announcements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I meant Legend of Heroes.

@ the F/GO players

When you really want that 5 star servant

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?