Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And get Dazed over and over again while the Necromancer is behind the lines blasting you to death.
    As far as I know, you can't get "Dazed" from players, only from non-player mobs.

Because Warlocks have a ramp up time to get to the point where they have a lot of minions on the board, and even then, they don't last long.
    That's irrelevant. What's relevant is that we had moments like the ones you claim would affect some machines... yet said machines weren't affected.

Then by all means, I'd love to hear your reasons.
    Sorry, I don't work for Blizzard. I have no idea why they did it. I could speculate, but speculating is useless in this case.

Because a DoT is one source of damage. Multiple mobile minions chasing you while you're getting blasted by spells is multiple sources of damage.
    And what is the different, mechanically? What is the relevance? Shadowmelding/vanishing/feigning death would get rid of them all at the same time.
    BTW, what's the minion leash range? The Hunter's pet range is ridiculously huge.
    Give Necromancer's skeleton minions a smaller leash range. Problem solved.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hymn_of_Hope
    Nothing stops Priests from getting that ability again, or more Hymn abilities.
    True. Then again, if a class based on a music theme might get that spell if it returns, as well as any new hymns. Priest would still keep its Divine Hymn, no one is wronged.

I was wrong about metamorphosis having to be removed from Warlocks to make DHs possible? I was wrong about tge DH having a shallow design space, which causes it to have only two specs?

Interesting....
    You're fully aware that Blizzard is willing to create a new class with an incredibly niche design space. Yet you're still using those same assumptions against other classes. You admit your mistake yet you don't seem to be learning anything from it....

I don't see why you can't just stand by a simple "I don't like the idea of a Necromancer or Bard" opinion instead of refuting their possibility based on faulty reasoning. Hell I don't even like Demon Hunters that much and I knew Blizzard wasn't going to box themselves into some false idea that one ability should prevent them from ever being playable. Even with 2 specs and 2 playable races, they completely fulfill the fantasy of playing as a Warcraft Demon Hunter. The same possibility exists equally for Necromancers, Bards and Tinkers. There isn't any limit to what can or can't be other than Blizzard's own will. If there is high enough demand for Necromancers, I'm sure we could very well see them playable. That's the bottom line.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-01 at 11:08 PM.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I was wrong about metamorphosis having to be removed from Warlocks to make DHs possible?
    Truth be told, you weren't proven right there, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As far as I know, you can't get "Dazed" from players, only from non-player mobs.
    You can definitely get dazed by players.

That's irrelevant. What's relevant is that we had moments like the ones you claim would affect some machines... yet said machines weren't affected.
    It's quite relevant because the longer that number of minions lasts on the screen, the more resources they take. If you have a mob of 10 imps for 2 seconds, that won't cause nearly the performance issue of a mob of 10 skeletons lasting for 30 seconds or more.

Sorry, I don't work for Blizzard. I have no idea why they did it.
    Nice cop out.

And what is the different, mechanically? What is the relevance? Shadowmelding/vanishing/feigning death would get rid of them all at the same time.
    And if you're not a NE, Hunter, or Rogue? And if those abilities are on CD?

Give Necromancer's skeleton minions a smaller leash range. Problem solved.
    Good. I'm all for Necromancers having inferior undead minions than their DK counterparts.

True. Then again, if a class based on a music theme might get that spell if it returns, as well as any new hymns. Priest would still keep its Divine Hymn, no one is wronged.
    Wouldn't a musical class use instruments? Why would they be singing religious tunes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    If there is high enough demand for Necromancers, I'm sure we could very well see them playable. That's the bottom line.
    Yes, within the Death Knight class.

Anyway, you and Ielenia are free to have the last word on this. I feel this discussion has gone far enough.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-08-02 at 12:15 AM.

You can definitely get dazed by players.
    You can only get dazed by players if it's a specific ability (like the Mage's Slow) but you don't ever get dismounted by being attacked by other players. Also any CC applied by other players can be removed. The "Dazed" debuff you get from NPCs cannot be dispelled, even with the Paladin's bubbles.

It's quite relevant because the longer that number of minions lasts on the screen, the more resources they take. If you have a mob of 10 imps for 2 seconds, that won't cause nearly the performance issue of a mob of 10 skeletons lasting for 30 seconds or more.
    And you can be sure Blizzard will have that in mind when balancing the ability.

Nice cop out.
    It's not a cop-out. It's an honest answer. I don't go around stating speculations as fact like you do.

And if you're not a NE, Hunter, or Rogue? And if those abilities are on CD?
    Use your speed boosts. Use your AE stuns. Ways to deal with that exist.

Wouldn't a musical class use instruments? Why would they be singing religious tunes?
    A 'hymn' is not necessarily a religious song.

I hope we can see a new hero class who can use iconic skills from important lore characters like some spell from Aegwynn, some skill from voljin, some class like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Don't worry mate, 8.0 is a safe bet on a new race, if not, well, I doubt we've seen the last new race.
    Well are we talking about a NEW playable race or an altogether new race from one of the planet were supposedly helping repel the invasions from? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Well are we talking about a NEW playable race or an altogether new race from one of the planet were supposedly helping repel the invasions from? :3
    Couldn't fully speculate that, I just feel like Pandaren aren't going to be the last playable race added. I have opinions on what I'd,like to see, but that's probably better saved for a different thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendar View Post
    I hope we can see a new hero class who can use iconic skills from important lore characters like some spell from Aegwynn, some skill from voljin, some class like that.
    Every new class pulls heavily from WC3 concepts and abilities in order to form a theme for that class.

Death Knights: Abilities pulled from Death Knight, Lich, Necromancer, Dreadlord and Ghoul units. Runic Blade concept also comes from WC3.

Monk: Abilities and general theme (Pandaren, Brew making/drinking, staff) pulled from Pandaren Brewmaster unit.

Demon Hunter: Abilities and general theme pulled from Demon Hunter unit, with a touch of mobility attributes added from Illidan in HotS.

I would look towards the remaining WC3 heroes to get an idea of what's coming next.

Every new class pulls heavily from WC3 concepts and abilities in order to form a theme for that class.

Death Knights: Abilities pulled from Death Knight, Lich, Necromancer, Dreadlord and Ghoul units. Runic Blade concept also comes from WC3.

Monk: Abilities and general theme (Pandaren, Brew making/drinking, staff) pulled from Pandaren Brewmaster unit.

Demon Hunter: Abilities and general theme pulled from Demon Hunter unit, with a touch of mobility attributes added from Illidan in HotS.

I would look towards the remaining WC3 heroes to get an idea of what's coming next.
    Well they could solve some problems at the same time if they pick the Tinker to be the next class. The demand for a range class can't be talked away, so at least one spec could be ranged. At the same time they would add another spec for bows, guns and crossbows. Giving the mail armor to the Tinker would put a third class on that armor type. So all that could speak for a Tinkerer.
    Then again are all of this problems? Is there a problem because there is only one class using range weapons? The armor type "problem" could be solved by adding another token to divide the leather classes among those two, or have weapons and armor drop only if classes are present that can use them.
    Would it even be a problem if we see antoher class with only one spec? I think not, because if you are a damage dealer, your paladin has only one spec and if you are not into tanking and healing, your class only has one spec. Totally up to Blizz to do that. Which would help Hero Classes a lot.

Advancing existing classes could be a neat way to add new specs and ways of classes to play. then again finding an advancement for every class could be a problem. And I am against giving the Demon Hunter a third spec just because he only has two. There is no necessity. But how about someone would write us down a list of WC3 hero units and we take a look at those?

Sure why not? If done properly, anything can become popular. Mists of Pandaria sold well, and is considered one of the better expansions
    Critically acclaimed, yet comparatively to the other expansions it sold poorly. You could tell people felt alienated by MoP's theme. Personally loved it, but people didn't really get excited about it, it would seem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Critically acclaimed, yet comparatively to the other expansions it sold poorly. You could tell people felt alienated by MoP's theme. Personally loved it, but people didn't really get excited about it, it would seem.
    Well MoP outsold Burning Crusade and held on to the subscriber user base better than WoD did, if that's worth anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Well they could solve some problems at the same time if they pick the Tinker to be the next class. The demand for a range class can't be talked away, so at least one spec could be ranged. At the same time they would add another spec for bows, guns and crossbows. Giving the mail armor to the Tinker would put a third class on that armor type. So all that could speak for a Tinkerer.
    Then again are all of this problems? Is there a problem because there is only one class using range weapons? The armor type "problem" could be solved by adding another token to divide the leather classes among those two, or have weapons and armor drop only if classes are present that can use them.
    Would it even be a problem if we see antoher class with only one spec? I think not, because if you are a damage dealer, your paladin has only one spec and if you are not into tanking and healing, your class only has one spec. Totally up to Blizz to do that. Which would help Hero Classes a lot.

Advancing existing classes could be a neat way to add new specs and ways of classes to play. then again finding an advancement for every class could be a problem. And I am against giving the Demon Hunter a third spec just because he only has two. There is no necessity. But how about someone would write us down a list of WC3 hero units and we take a look at those?
    Okay...

Humans:
    Blood Mage (Mage/Warlock)
    Mountain King (Warrior)
    Paladin (Paladin)
    Archmage (Mage)

Orcs:
    Blademaster (Warrior/Mage/Rogue)
    Tauren Chieftain (Warrior/Shaman)
    Farseer (Shaman)
    Shadow Hunter (Shaman)

Undead:
    Dreadlord (Death Knight/Warlock)
    Death Knight (Death Knight)
    Lich (Death Knight/Mage)
    Crypt Lord (formerly Death Knight/Druid)

Night Elves:
    Demon Hunter (Demon Hunter formerly Warlock/Priest)
    Warden (Rogue/Mage)
    Priestess of the Moon (Hunter/Druid)
    Keeper of the Grove (Druid)

Neutral:
    Pandaren Brewmaster (Monk)
    Goblin Tinker
    Goblin Alchemist
    Firelord (Warlock/Also used for basis of Ragnaros)
    Beastmaster (Hunter)
    Dark Ranger (Hunter/Priest/Warlock)
    Naga Sea Witch (Shaman/Hunter/Mage)
    Pitlord (Warlock)

http://classic.battle.net/war3/

Hope that helps.

Well MoP outsold Burning Crusade and held on to the subscriber user base better than WoD did, if that's worth anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay...

Humans:
    Blood Mage (Mage/Warlock)
    Mountain King (Warrior)
    Paladin (Paladin)
    Archmage (Mage)

Orcs:
    Blademaster (Warrior/Mage/Rogue)
    Tauren Chieftain (Warrior/Shaman)
    Farseer (Shaman)
    Shadow Hunter (Shaman)

Undead:
    Dreadlord (Death Knight/Warlock)
    Death Knight (Death Knight)
    Lich (Death Knight/Mage)
    Crypt Lord (formerly Death Knight/Druid)

Night Elves:
    Demon Hunter (Demon Hunter formerly Warlock/Priest)
    Warden (Rogue/Mage)
    Priestess of the Moon (Hunter/Druid)
    Keeper of the Grove (Druid)

Neutral:
    Pandaren Brewmaster (Monk)
    Goblin Tinker
    Goblin Alchemist
    Firelord (Warlock/Also used for basis of Ragnaros)
    Beastmaster (Hunter)
    Dark Ranger (Hunter/Priest/Warlock)
    Naga Sea Witch (Shaman/Hunter/Mage)
    Pitlord (Warlock)

http://classic.battle.net/war3/

Hope that helps.
    Since we must so biblically follow warcraft 3, can I get a Peasant class and build buildings that summon soldiers to fight for me, or build a tower wall blocking the way to my enemies? What about an exploding rabbit class? you know how they exploded after lots of clicking on them? Yeah, my suggestions make as much sense as a "tauren chieftain" or "crypt lord" class just because those were hero classes in wc3

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Since we must so biblically follow warcraft 3, can I get a Peasant class and build buildings that summon soldiers to fight for me, or build a tower wall blocking the way to my enemies? What about an exploding rabbit class? you know how they exploded after lots of clicking on them? Yeah, my suggestions make as much sense as a "tauren chieftain" or "crypt lord" class just because those were hero classes in wc3
    Don't forget the Pitlord and the Dreadlord Hero Classes where they swear loyalty to the Horde and Alliance respectivly.

Also, Teriz. are you really considering the Dark Ranger being used in the Priests?!Dark magic or its just the Silence

10+ Year Old Account
    There are peasants and peons in WoW already, and they've already built the buildings and the towers.

FYI: The critters (like the rabbit) weren't units.

Tauren Chieftain's abilities have already been divided out to the existing classes. The Crypt Lord's abilities were in the DK class briefly, and a variation wound up in the Druid class. Doubtful you'd see a Crypt Lord class in the game because most of its abilities are race-based.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Don't forget the Pitlord and the Dreadlord Hero Classes where they swear loyalty to the Horde and Alliance respectivly.
    Actually a lot of the Pit Lord's abilities went to Warlocks. Warlocks also got Infernal and briefly got Carrion Swarm and Sleep via Dark Apotheosis.

Also, Teriz. are you really considering the Dark Ranger being used in the Priests?!Dark magic or its just the Silence
    It's the Silence, and partially the "Charm" ability. In HotS the "Charm" concept was changed to Mind Control, which is a (Shadow) Priest ability.

There are peasants and peons in WoW already, and they've already built the buildings and the towers.

Tauren Chieftain's abilities have already been divided out to the existing classes. The Crypt Lord's abilities were in the DK class briefly, and a variation wound up in the Druid class. Doubtful you'd see a Crypt Lord class in the game because most of its abilities are race-based.
    You talk a lot about thematic relevance and yet you suggest crypt lords and fire lords, I don't think I need to explain to you what either of those are. Tauren chieftain is an orc spec?

FYI: Critters ARE units. Everything that is not a building or a doodad is a unit in wc3. There are NPCS of every class in wow. I mentioned peasants as a playable class.

He said a class, what matter if they exist in wow or not.

Dks...with Crypt Lord abilities?What kind of Alpha/beta file did you pull that from?

It is when the ability in question is simply a combination of two Priest abilities at that time.
    Just a friendly reminder that only a few pages ago you were saying the exact opposite about Death Knights using warrior abilities in Naxx.
    And a friendly reminder that the NPC in question also has Dark Song, Chilling Song and Peaceful Song, which are not priest abilities or things priests can do.

And a third friendly reminder that Priests can't use attenuation, song of the empress, blazing song, Power Chords, Song of Battle, Crane's Song, Piercing Song, Naaru's Lament, Sonic shock/boom/burst/discharge/blade/field/projection/Divebomb/spike/spear, Enchanting lullaby, Any of the abilities on Memento of Angerboda, Force and Verve, any of the bard HotS abilities, or the vast majority of spells attributed to bard characters in their tabletop sources.

That's not what I said. I said that DKs in Naxx had warrior and warlock abilities, and didn't get WC3 abilities and themes until the became a class 2 expansions later. Don't see why Tinkers would be any different.
    "Son of a bitch, he stole my line."
    -Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting

That was literally the exact argument I made in favor of Demon Hunters back on the day, and you rejected it!

You are now hypocritically using an argument you once brushed off to prop up your current point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    You talk a lot about thematic relevance and yet you suggest crypt lords and fire lords, I don't think I need to explain to you what either of those are. Tauren chieftain is an orc spec?
    I have no clue what you're talking about. I never suggested Crypt Lords and Fire lords. I listed the WC3 heroes and the WoW classes their abilities went to.