Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Oh, I'm highly amused that you can adopt a well-grounded argument when it suits a simple opinion (with regard to Tinkers).

It's your now constant argument against necromancers in this thread, using all the same arguments you used against Demon Hunters, that is ridiculous. We'd think you'd have learned from the experience, that no one is capable of stating what Blizzard will do, or what can or cannot be part of any given class in the future.

I don't care about necromancers in WoW, one way or the other. Either the game eventually ends without them, or they do get added and I roll one as an alt. Whatever.

Threads like this are inherently speculative, and the only wrong answer is "no".
    Well the difference between Demon Hunters and Necromancers is that unlike Metamorphosis, Death Knights have had Necromancer abilities since their inception, so the DK player base is pretty attached to them, and its a core theme of their entire class. You can't simply remove a single ability from DKs and be done with it, you're going to have to dismantle multiple aspects of the class in order to keep DKs an interesting class that fulfills their class fantasy, and gives enough material to make a cool and interesting WoW Necromancer. With Demon Hunters, all you really needed was Metamorphosis and some flashy melee abilities.

In order to be a possible class, Necromancers are going to need a lot more than that, and a lot more from Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    I still love fire the most. I just like the playstyle of it. But yeah, the phoenix! Oh god I would be so happy to have it!
    For me it was super frustrating when i found that the Phoenix the Mages were summoning were that little things, it wouldn't even need to be a pet, just make a Phoenix charges to a location then explode, or go like Summon Sindragosa where the Phoenix ignites the area or a Glyph that changes the Meteor talent or...

I can't, i need to cry a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Wonderton View Post
    Poison you say? Like perhaps... a rogue?
    Rogues use physical poisons that they apply to their weapons. The Necromancer would use spells based on it. Either way, what's the issue? We have warlocks and mages sharing fire, priests and paladins sharing light, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Like I said, if someone can produce a viable class concept for the Kodo Rider, I'd happily support it. However, from the evidence I see, I don't see how such a class is doable when its main claim to fame are drums that increase attack power, and riding a giant Kodo that eats things. It doesn't help that Leatherworking has several different War Drums that do essentially what the Kodo Rider did: Increase the power of your allies through beating a drum.
    Never played OW so I don't know how he plays there, but tried Lucio in heroes of the storm? A lack of imagination on your part does in no way mean that the existence of an item on a profession becomes a good argument against a class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    They tried, you said it was not possible because Priests had a Hymn and Warrios have shout therefore, a Bard(a music user that can easily include the Kodo Rider playstyle.)Cannot exist.
    Oh no, forget about Russell Brower, Hearthsinger Forrensten, the Mantid, and everything else. I want to see a class concept based solely around the Kodo Rider.

There's class concepts based around the Death Knight, the Pandaren Brewmaster, and the Demon Hunter. By all means, let's hear some Kodo Rider class concepts. It should be a fun exercise in class creation.

Oh no, forget about Russell Brower, Hearthsinger Forrensten, the Mantid, and everything else. I want to see a class concept based solely around the Kodo Rider.

There's class concepts based around the Death Knight, the Pandaren Brewmaster, and the Demon Hunter. By all means, let's hear some Kodo Rider class concepts. It should be a fun exercise in class creation.
    Class concepts made by designers that are paid and trained to come up with them. We are just saying something is not impossible, not that we have insider info at blizzard and are the main designers of the next 10 playable classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Rogues use physical poisons that they apply to their weapons. The Necromancer would use spells based on it. Either way, what's the issue? We have warlocks and mages sharing fire, priests and paladins sharing light, etc.
    Hunters also use poisons.

I'll humour you, tho. Kodo moving slightly slower than an unmounted person in combat, but granting the ability to cast spells while moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Class concepts made by designers that are paid and trained to come up with them. We are just saying something is not impossible, not that we have insider info at blizzard and are the main designers of the next 10 playable classes
    Yes, and those class designers went ahead and designed 13 War Drums in the Leatherworking profession that enhances the power of your allies for 30 seconds.

I'll humour you, tho. Kodo moving slightly slower than an unmounted person in combat, but granting the ability to cast spells while moving.
    Okay, keep going. What else? Don't forget to include Devour, and try to think up what races could possibly play this class. I doubt you'll be able to have Alliance players riding Kodos.

Yes, and those class designers went ahead and designed 13 War Drums in the Leatherworking profession that enhances the power of your allies for 30 seconds.
    and an assortment of grenades, rockets, and other tinker-like gadgets. point?

Hunters also use poisons.
    And shamans also use fire. Your point? No, wait, you have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    and an assortment of grenades, rockets, and other tinker-like gadgets. point?
    Yes, an assortment of grenades, rockets, and engineering gadgets that had nothing to do with the abilities of the Tinker hero.

Yes, an assortment of grenades, rockets, and engineering gadgets that had nothing to do with the abilities of the Tinker hero.
    Why do you think that blizzard taking inspiration from wc3 means they have some sort of restriction to religiously have the 4 abilities a hero class had? Isn't a core concept what matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think that blizzard taking inspiration from wc3 means they have some sort of restriction to religiously have the 4 abilities a hero class had? Isn't a core concept what matters?
    Because they did that exact thing with the previous 3 expansion classes. There were slight variations, but for the most part, the WC3 themes and abilities were heavily retained.

I second this, there are many wc3 spells right now that aren't part of any class .

- - - Updated - - -

Because they did that exact thing with the previous 3 expansion classes. There were slight variations, but for the most part, the WC3 themes and abilities were heavily retained.
    Why can't the Rockets become explosive shot?

Immolation became Immolate for Warlocks and the Vengeance Dh attack which i forgot the name but isn't toggle on and off.

The robots from the factory became the Hunter robotic pets, they don't explode in death but since that would do more harm then good.

And the ultimate, just like Drums of War, are itens,used as mount and part of questlines.

The upgrade became the Talents that let you upgrade your character.Congratz, we all play a Tinker on the inside.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-02 at 04:37 AM.

"slight variations" Brewmaster was only implemented as a single spec, any similarities the other 2 specs may have can also be similarly imagined for any other class concept.

Lich and Dreadlord (the classes that frost and unholy actually come from) had nothing to do with death knight until blizzard decided so in wotlk

Other than metamorphosis (a core mechanic), point a single thing from the vengeance spec that could have been predicted from wc3

Yes, because technology has nothing to do with a hero based around technology. Brilliant reasoning there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Why can't the Rockets become explosive shot?
    Because Explosive Shot works nothing like how Cluster Rockets works, and the mechanics for Cluster Rockets already exists in abilities like the Warlock Talent Shadowfury.

Immolation became Immolate for Warlocks and the Vengeance Dh attack which i forgot the name but isn't toggle on and off.
    No, because Demon Hunters don't use resources in a manner that would be conducive for a toggle that drains resources. So instead that got Immolation Aura.

The robots from the factory became the Hunter robotic pets, they don't explode in death but since that would do more harm then good.
    Yeah, how about no.

And the ultimate, just like Drums of War, are itens,used as mount and part of questlines.
    Except unlike Drums of War, I can't use the mount in combat, unlike the Goblin Tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

"slight variations" Brewmaster was only implemented as a single spec, any similarities the other 2 specs may have can also be similarly imagined for any other class concept.
    Storm, Earth, Fire went to the Windwalker spec.
    Mistweavers and Windwalkers both had Brewing abilities and were able to produce brews.

Lich and Dreadlord (the classes that frost and unholy actually come from) had nothing to do with death knight until blizzard decided so in wotlk
    Actually Blizzard kind of merged the entire Undead faction into the Death Knight class. Even the Ghoul, Gargoyle, and Frost Wyrm units were utilized as the DK's minions in WoW. Partially because Necromancy as a theme was pretty absent among the WoW classes, so the void could be filled by the hero class.

Other than metamorphosis (a core mechanic), point a single thing from the vengeance spec that could have been predicted from wc3
    You mean DH tanking? The Demon Hunter hero from WC3 was capable of tanking, so it stood to reason that tanking would be part of any DH class that emerged in WoW. Even I predicted a DH tank spec when I did a DH class concept a few years ago.

I think that the Idea of having a Tinker is pretty cool. A class that only Gnomes can be. Would put them in such high demand.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Actually Blizzard kind of merged the entire Undead faction into the Death Knight class. Even the Ghoul, Gargoyle, and Frost Wyrm units were utilized as the DK's minions in WoW. Partially because Necromancy as a theme was pretty absent among the WoW classes, so the void could be filled by the hero class.
    And of course, blizzard will never again decide to merge like 20 different classes into one like they did with death knight.

This is my last entry here, arguing with you is more than pointless, you seem to understand the point of an argument to be "Win" and not "try to help others see from your point of view" considering that you arguments jump from one extreme to the other in order to convince people that either a class is a good or bad idea in accordance to the limits of your imagination. Have a good night.