Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW is still the best (my opinion), still THE KING!

Well, i must confess that i was wrong , that i criticized this game too harshly, comparing it to other ones on the market. I was W R O N G !
    I am at this moment on a hiatus from WOW, and in this time i picked up some other mmo's, some being pay to play, some buy to play, and some otehrs being a strange mixture of both but eventualy leading to cash grab online shoping.

I wont post names, but i have played those and while others had more realistic scenary and graphics, better character creation in term of visuals for example, they all suffered from the same thing: BAD OPTIMIZATION, to the point that it made the game pointless to play.
    What is the purpose of having "the best in-game graphics and textures (WORLD RELATED)" if even an i57600k OC'ed at 4.8, with 16 GB of 3k ram speed and msi 1070 is crashing due to graphic glitches?
    What is the point of having MAJOR class diversity ( each character can be whatever) when this creates such an imbalance pvp wise that many devs literally quit due to the frustration in their line of work, along side with players?

Not only these "other mmo's" were plagued with bugs, glitches and imbalances left unchecked FOR YEARS in some cases, they were also plagued with boters, cheaters, script users and scamers.
    Behind the offer that some had, like Buy once play for free after it hides a massive online shop and huge in game restrictions, such as BAG SPACE for example.
    Yes, you can play for free, but you need to make 10 mules and dedicate 3 hours a day to inventory management, or you can buy a monthly sub and you get double back and a bag where all your craft items goes.....AND THOSE ARE MANYYYYYYY.

I don't know you guys, but i got the chances to compare, and i think WOW is still THE KING, and not only that, ANYTHING right now on the market MMO wise come close to it.
    The are all twisted realities of what WOW is, trying to grab players from WOW left and right, milk them before they realise the truth and quit.

I swear, after playing these games, i will never ever complain about servers instability in WOW. Because i saw what server instability is in these other mmo's, and how are they swept under the rug by the companies...while the online shops are up in running nicely.

Now, WOW may have it's issues, mostly gameplay wise (like alt unfriendly a bit and whatnot) but compared to other games out there ( mind you, i am speaking of hefty mmo's, not trash MU servers....) but compared to those, WOW STILL REIGN SUPREME.
    There is no competition for WOW, not now, not further ahead.
    Buy to play.....no inventory space afterwards
    Megaserver EU, i play from Germany, conect to a server in Germany ....130 pings constant and 6-7 disconects daily due to server capacity....it can go on and on with such examples but i wont bother you with this anymore

EDIT: To leave a second favorite mmo after wow, for me would be Planetside 2, sadly it doesnt have much players , but it does ofer some sort of fast bursts of action and fun, it is a shooter mmo btw.
    A third , a loooooong third would be.... maybe..... welll, NO THIRD FOR ME, i only liked these two, the rest were trash in one way or another.
    Peace out
    Last edited by Rikkof; 2017-08-02 at 07:30 AM.

People underestimate how much effort you need to maintain a game as big as WoW. Blizzard doesn't get enough praise honestly, so much undeserved hate.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    People underestimate how much effort you need to maintain a game as big as WoW. Blizzard doesn't get enough praise honestly, so much undeserved hate.
    True, but no developer get's that anymore. The communities just suck hard as fuck. People just suck. Humanity sucks.

Poor Blizzard, they just made more than $10 billions with World of Warcraft, it must be really hard for them to maintain a game that's the most profitable in the world...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    True, but no developer get's that anymore. The communities just suck hard as fuck. People just suck. Humanity sucks.
    Exactly every game out theirs community blows chunks just a sad fact of life..

7+ Year Old Account
    Story aside I think WoW has always been great, the game is just old and boring now. I've cleared the majority of tiers, I pvped solidly for 2 years, I've played every class beside warlock to a high level and standard. I have nothing left to accomplish, almost all of my friends have moved on so I have as well.

FFXIV is doing an amazing job at keeping me interested so far with some of my favourite class design ever, a job system that probably should become industry standard and 2 things that WoW has never had; an absolute ton of content that stays relevant and a story with characters that I care about.

I think Blizzard is investing quite a lot of money in the game and in the server infrastructure, in polishing out bugs, being gameplay ones or technicalities such as server routing for example.
    There are many people around exaggerating when it comes to WOW, this was confirmed to me after i have played other mmo's. Until you see the otehr side, and what teh "competition" has to offer.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Finally someone who get it, that humanity sucks!

Back to topic. Yep WoW is still a king, because there is no good replacement.

Yes, ok, but wont happen to you that after playing FFXIV for let's say 3-4 years ( i dont know exactly for how long you have played wow) that game will not become stale, boring, even with regular updates and expansions?
    Such is the nature of games, they tend to become boring, this is why we no longer play the games we played when we were 10 years old, playing outside in the yard.
    Taking a break from the game, trying new genres or other mmo's then coming back it can be refreshing, but alas wont last long.
    This is the human nature, not the game fault.
    This is why i stated i am on hiatus right now from WOW, and 2 days ago i deleted last mmo from my pc, just poping some online shooters for the time being but i will get back to wow maybe in september, i miss my hunter and his solo roaming adventures.
    I am glad you found something you enjoyed besides wow, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Poor Blizzard, they just made more than $10 billions with World of Warcraft, it must be really hard for them to maintain a game that's the most profitable in the world...
    It's not a money thing, it's a time thing.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

OP made me think this was a Gimlix or Jaylock thread... I'm pleasantly disappointed.

Deleted
    I agree. I had a year off from wow and played every fucking MMO except for Final Fantasy (my gf played that one and hated it so much she quit after bout 48 hours played. I never even tried it after seeing her, she quit wow 4 years ago).
    I'm back in wow now raiding twice a week in a Mythic guild, doing some pvp here and there and just enjoying the game really.

I've played everything else, back to wow after i said i was done with that a year and a half ago.
    O well.

It's not a money thing, it's a time thing.
    Time is money and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried finding a replacement for WoW, I tried other MMO's to see if it's worth it. Other MMO's are good, I can't complain, but eveytime there's just something, something that doesn't feel quite right or polished enough.

Yeah because the indivual developers are making 10 billion dollars huh? Why do people treat Blizzard like a single living entity, the devs probably don't like getting shit on by neckbeards every time new content comes out.
    Sometimes criticizing, even harshly, is warranted. Like in WoD, but sometimes it gets out of hand and it is undeserved.

@OP I do agree that WoW is still the best by far, Wildstar was my top for a while, but as of late last year I gave up on it, GW2 content updates don't really care, and FFXIV just isn't as fun and doesn't seem to have as much endgame content.
    I mean, we are about to get a batch with a huge new raid, a new dungeon, like 6 new scenario like instances, and 3 new zones, that is insane.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Agreed, tried so many other mmos and still keep coming back to wow.

Sure some others have certain features that are better than wow's, but none come close to the enjoyment i get from wow's gameplay alone.

Not to mention blizzard's art style really makes every other game look ugly to me, despite wow's age.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah because the indivual developers are making 10 billion dollars huh? Why do people treat Blizzard like a single living entity, the devs probably don't like getting shit on by neckbeards every time new content comes out.
    What kind of misleading argument is this?

Are you implying developers pay from their own pocket to maintain WoW? Are you dense?

Deleted
    Time is money and vice versa.
    Can you link me the time-selling shop please? Hope you can pay with Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Sometimes criticizing, even harshly, is warranted. Like in WoD, but sometimes it gets out of hand and it is undeserved.
    What kind of excuse is this? Are we responsible for their payment? WoW is a cash cow even 12 years after its release. It's more than logical that Blizzards wants to keep it going. I love WoW, I'm playing since 2006 and I will never stop but why should I start being delusional? Wouldn't this game be a massive financial success Blizzard would quickly abandon it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Can you link me the time-selling shop please? Hope you can pay with Visa.
    Time invested results in making money. Making money results in having more time for other things. The more money you have the less you need to work for it ergo you have more time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    Well, i must confess that i was wrong , that i criticized this game too harshly, comparing it to other ones on the market. I was W R O N G !
    I am at this moment on a hiatus from WOW, and in this time i picked up some other mmo's, some being pay to play, some buy to play, and some otehrs being a strange mixture of both but eventualy leading to cash grab online shoping.

I wont post names, but i have played those and while others had more realistic scenary and graphics, better character creation in term of visuals for example, they all suffered from the same thing: BAD OPTIMIZATION, to the point that it made the game pointless to play.
    What is the purpose of having "the best in-game graphics and textures (WORLD RELATED)" if even an i57600k OC'ed at 4.8, with 16 GB of 3k ram speed and msi 1070 is crashing due to graphic glitches?
    What is the point of having MAJOR class diversity ( each character can be whatever) when this creates such an imbalance pvp wise that many devs literally quit due to the frustration in their line of work, along side with players?

Not only these "other mmo's" were plagued with bugs, glitches and imbalances left unchecked FOR YEARS in some cases, they were also plagued with boters, cheaters, script users and scamers.
    Behind the offer that some had, like Buy once play for free after it hides a massive online shop and huge in game restrictions, such as BAG SPACE for example.
    Yes, you can play for free, but you need to make 10 mules and dedicate 3 hours a day to inventory management, or you can buy a monthly sub and you get double back and a bag where all your craft items goes.....AND THOSE ARE MANYYYYYYY.

I don't know you guys, but i got the chances to compare, and i think WOW is still THE KING, and not only that, ANYTHING right now on the market MMO wise come close to it.
    The are all twisted realities of what WOW is, trying to grab players from WOW left and right, milk them before they realise the truth and quit.

I swear, after playing these games, i will never ever complain about servers instability in WOW. Because i saw what server instability is in these other mmo's, and how are they swept under the rug by the companies...while the online shops are up in running nicely.

Now, WOW may have it's issues, mostly gameplay wise (like alt unfriendly a bit and whatnot) but compared to other games out there ( mind you, i am speaking of hefty mmo's, not trash MU servers....) but compared to those, WOW STILL REIGN SUPREME.
    There is no competition for WOW, not now, not further ahead.
    Buy to play.....no inventory space afterwards
    Megaserver EU, i play from Germany, conect to a server in Germany ....130 pings constant and 6-7 disconects daily due to server capacity....it can go on and on with such examples but i wont bother you with this anymore

EDIT: To leave a second favorite mmo after wow, for me would be Planetside 2, sadly it doesnt have much players , but it does ofer some sort of fast bursts of action and fun, it is a shooter mmo btw.
    A third , a loooooong third would be.... maybe..... welll, NO THIRD FOR ME, i only liked these two, the rest were trash in one way or another.
    Peace out
    Okay well firstly, WoW still has plenty of bugs that have persisted for 12 years, small bugs perhaps but bugs nonetheless, as well as cheaters, hackers and gold sellers and everything.

And, what games are you talking about? Could you be more specific for... actual comparison? Else your entire post is pointless. Is It ESO? FFIV? LOTRO? STO? SWTOR? GW2? What?

Imean Wow has an obvious advantage that they work hard on their dungeons, raids and endgame content more than any MMO ever, and that's how they stay ahead of the other MMOs, at least for now. Even with FFIV chugging at 2 mil players, while WoW struggles somewhere around 2-4 mil players right now. Also don't think I would count Planetside 2 as a traditional MMO to compare to WoW, don't even do that. It used to have lots of players and everything before the company got greedy and everything, It's pay to win In many respects and I'd know, I played It since launch for a good few months.

WoW always had dungeons to make, new ones every expansion as well as raids, while I can do this: Compare SW:TOR's raids and dungeons to WoWs, and WoW wins the game In that It has new dungeons and raids while sWTOR keeps re-using old ones over and over again. It's like doing timewalking dungeons over and over again without pause.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?