Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, you mean that elitist nerdrage that spawns whenever "unworthy" players get something that titanforges very high. Gotcha.
    Get over yourself. I'm a casual and I haven't raided Mythic since WoD. The loot system is terrible. It's not that we as "the unworthy" get these items it's that it is horrible for organized progression raiding of any kind. Hardcore raiders don't care what you or I do with an item like that because we aren't pushing content.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    @Perkunas
    in the book that connected mists and wod, jaina learned to live with her home being blown to bits, but wod retconned that to make a conflict between the allience and the horde, and now shes unlikeable :/

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Get over yourself. I'm a casual and I haven't raided Mythic since WoD. The loot system is terrible. It's not that we as "the unworthy" get these items it's that it is horrible for organized progression raiding of any kind. Hardcore raiders don't care what you or I do with an item like that because we aren't pushing content.
    I keep hearing people saying this over and over. The system is "horrible for organized raiding" etc etc. But no one ever gives any reasons for WHY? If I'm a mythic raider, am I supposed to get angry when I kill a mythic boss, loot drops, and I don't need it because I had a titanforged piece from heroic? I can just trade it to someone who does need it.

So the way I see it, there's only two reasons people would dislike the system.

A, they're angry that other people get nice things, or...
    B, they're angry that other people get nice things that they don't have yet.

Very slight difference. First one hates anyone having good things. Second one doesn't mind others having good things, just so long as they have them too. You can apply this to other things too, like rare mounts or challenge appearances.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Tough choice between LFR, CRZ, and Achievements. I'll go with CRZ, it killed server identity, it also gives them an excuse to not merge dead servers and keep milking people with server transfers.

Warforged/Titanforged

Quote Originally Posted by DrizzlingRose View Post
    @Perkunas
    in the book that connected mists and wod, jaina learned to live with her home being blown to bits, but wod retconned that to make a conflict between the allience and the horde, and now shes unlikeable :/
    Yeah, she showed great strength of character not bombing Orgrimmar into the dust and tried to move on past Theramore. Then the Horde, to her knowledge, abandoned the Alliance, and Varian, to die on the Broken Shore.

Simply put, she got slapped in the face with Theramore. Got mad for a bit, took a deep breath, and calmed down. Then got slapped in the face again by the same people she'd just gotten done forgiving.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's really difficult to say. I want to say "Titanforging system" but without anything to take its place the game would just become more static.

If I had to choose one thing it'd probably be flexible raids. I really miss the 10/25 system, raiding never really recovered to me after it was removed.
    Nothing needs to take its place. Previous expansions did just fine without it.

Remove titanforging. Make everything drop at a static item level. Heroic Tomb? 915 non KJ. Mythic? 930 non KJ. The end.

I would delete the removal of reforging, thus bringing it back.

BTW, even though I want lfr gone too, it's funny to see it being the first reply to this thread.

Vanila idiots who think the game was better back then.

Deleted
    I'd delete your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrizzlingRose View Post
    @Perkunas
    That has little to do with PVP. That's Blizzard reaching for a filler expansion.

I keep hearing people saying this over and over. The system is "horrible for organized raiding" etc etc. But no one ever gives any reasons for WHY? If I'm a mythic raider, am I supposed to get angry when I kill a mythic boss, loot drops, and I don't need it because I had a titanforged piece from heroic? I can just trade it to someone who does need it.
    Competition within guilds, raid positions, bis dropping from a completely rng situation that's beyond targeted farming in any realistic sense. Player progression/value. The fact that you can't comprehend and think this about somebody like my goofy ass getting a TF in a Normal Raid pug and "elitists being pissed off" about that proves the point.

Already addressed that. They don't care if you or I get a good item magically. They care about having to factor in this extreme RNG in their own endeavors. They don't care if you or I get 4 legendary drops in a row because we aren't on their roster taking their spot or denying them a position in some other elite guild. Imagine they are Godzilla fighting Space Godzilla and we're the little Japanese people running away screaming. They don't give a shit if we get a good item.

Very slight difference. First one hates anyone having good things. Second one doesn't mind others having good things, just so long as they have them too. You can apply this to other things too, like rare mounts or challenge appearances.
    I'm of the school that your reward should be a direct result of time and effort. Not because you paid the subscription fee. Still, you're missing the point because you're so wrapped up in yourself.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Pandas... shit race ruined lots of the feeling in a failed attempt to gain Asian subscribers.. I'm super sad to see all these retarded kungfu-pandas everywhere!
    Shit race exisiting since Warcraft 3 lol

There's plenty of other reasons why people dislike it. Not having achievable BiS lists anymore, needing to farm up old raids and dungeons for the best trinkets, farming mythic plus because Tomb doesn't drop a BiS fire or blood relic for my spec... And this is from the point of view of somebody who only really enjoys mythic raiding for my endgame PvE fun.

I like the lore and I enjoy questing. Every now and again I make a new alt so I can go back and level up through old zones again. I enjoy looking at the landscape and exploring caves and all of that... I even used to have fun running the occasional dungeon.. The difference was that before Legion, all of things were not tied into mythic raiding whatsoever. You didn't have to go out and do world quests for legendary items (not really something you do for titanforging), daily quests at least had a rep cap so you knew "After 2 more weeks of farming this rep, I will unlock the BiS pre-raid necklace". They had an end at least... world quests are infinite until you're out of good legendary items for all the specs that you use. Dungeons are much less fun when they can provide you with RNG loot that is equivalent or better than stuff you can find in raids. Tomb doesn't drop your BiS relic? Good thing Mythic plus does. Time to farm Black Rook Hold until you get that frost relic. Hopefully it titanforges so you can be done with the grind. I got so burned out on Mythic plus what with the AP grind in NH and the gear grind in general. It fucking sucks because I remember thinking some of the dungeons were really cool at the beginning of the expansion when I did them by my choice. Not to mention the fact that Karazhan and the Balance of Power quests made you do a fuck ton of them as well when we were already farming them for weeks and weeks and weeks.

But you may be asking "How is this any different from RNG loot from a raid?" well you see, there's a cap to how many times you can do a raid in a week. You cleared all of mythic? Well you can't just go back and do it again. Mythic plus is endless. It doesn't feel bad when you say "Gosh darn... I didn't get my Specter of Betrayal to drop this week. Nothing I can do about it. I guess I just gotta wait until next week." Mythic plus is "Well if I don't have my fire relic yet then I should probably be chain running Darkheart 15 24/7 until it drops so I can be optimal and not waste my raid's time being 4 item levels lower than everybody else who does farm M+"

Cross realm zones. These are cancer for leveling characters. Especially choke point areas like Hellfire Peninsula. If you have not been ganked 3-4 times in Hellfire Peninsula while you go from 68(ish) to 71-72, which takes a couple of hours at most, consider yourself very lucky.

Deleted
    Legion legendaries. Easily

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    That has little to do with PVP. That's Blizzard reaching for a filler expansion.

Competition within guilds, raid positions, bis dropping from a completely rng situation that's beyond targeted farming in any realistic sense. Player progression/value. The fact that you can't comprehend and think this about somebody like my goofy ass getting a TF in a Normal Raid pug and "elitists being pissed off" about that proves the point.

Already addressed that. They don't care if you or I get a good item magically. They care about having to factor in this extreme RNG in their own endeavors. They don't care if you or I get 4 legendary drops in a row because we aren't on their roster taking their spot or denying them a position in some other elite guild. Imagine they are Godzilla fighting Space Godzilla and we're the little Japanese people running away screaming. They don't give a shit if we get a good item.

I'm of the school that your reward should be a direct result of time and effort. Not because you paid the subscription fee. Still, you're missing the point because you're so wrapped up in yourself.
    Mind easing up on the personal attacks?

So not being able to go "this boss drops my BiS and once I get it I'm set for this tier" is bad? Say I'm in a mythic guild. I've cleared heroic the first week, got some pieces. Next week I'm starting mythic. I get a mythic version of a trinket I've already gotten that's the same or lower ilvl as the tforged one I already have. I can pass on it and give it to someone else in the raid who wasn't as lucky as I was. Now I have something good, and he has something good. Yet your argument is that I should replace a non-tforged heroic trinket with a mythic trinket, get my improvement, and that's it. Me alone getting an upgrade is somehow better than me and the guy I passed to. If you're a serious raid leader trying for kills and trying to improve your team isn't tforging a good thing? Add to the fact that unlike prior expansions when it's "get your BiS and there your progression is over" you can always get an ilvl increase, or a socket, or some small thing to squeeze a bit more out. So how is this a bad thing?

Deleted
    the start button getting in haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raiding.