Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Survival is such a waste. They could've done a ranged spear throwing spec like the Guild Wars 1 Paragon class. It would be a very unique playstyle. A hunter spec more in tune with nature magics.
    That's kind of my point: Instead of doing something interesting and cool with ranged, Blizzard went melee instead. They also couldn't come up with a ranged spec for Demon Hunters despite several fan concepts which showcase some pretty good ranged DH ideas.

This is compounded by the Rise of the Naga Empire "leak" where the supposed Tinker class (if it exists) is a melee DPS class, and they're struggling to create a 3rd ranged spec that isn't too similar to Hunters.

Call me crazy, but I think design-wise, there isn't much more you can do with ranged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    That's kind of my point: Instead of doing something interesting and cool with ranged, Blizzard went melee instead. They also couldn't come up with a ranged spec for Demon Hunters despite several fan concepts which showcase some pretty good ranged DH ideas.

This is compounded by the Rise of the Naga Empire "leak" where the supposed Tinker class (if it exists) is a melee DPS class, and they're struggling to create a 3rd ranged spec that isn't too similar to Hunters.

Call me crazy, but I think design-wise, there isn't much more you can do with ranged.
    There is. They just don't want to do it... or haven't yet.

As i said, spear throwing spec for hunter.

Tinker zoner ranged spec like Gazlowe in HotS. Though Gazlowe is classed as a melee... they could just change that by giving tinker a gun or just have regular electric attacks come from the mech. Heck it doesnt even really NEED to have auto-attacks. They don't add anything special gameplay wise. Casters don't have auto-attacks.
    Tbh even if it was melee i'd play it. But it's perfectly possible to make a ranged spec out of it. But if they want to make it unique they have to design around turrets and mech form.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-04 at 05:18 AM.

I kinda understand that many people would like to see a range class. But the only arguement that I was presented with that really would convince me is not the we have to many melees (we dont, we have 13 melee specs and 11 range specs so hardly a giant gap) but that since vanilla there was no new range class presented as an option.
    Secondly I think they should not design a class around things that are under represented. So like, we only have one class for range weapons, we only have 2 mail wearers and we have fewer ranges.
    That said, I think, and thats why they are in my top 3, the Tinker could solve many problems at once IF they have those mentionend problems in mind. Tinker could easily be a range class using bows, guns and crossbows and wearing mail and still be unique and distinct from the hunter specs. I havent seen another concept besides the Dark Ranger that could help with those problems (but, DR is too hordy for me and I think it is weird and unnecassary to bend lore for both faction hero classes, thats why Tinker works better because Goblins and Gnomes could both come up with mech suits or backpacks)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Survival is such a waste. They could've done a ranged spear throwing spec like the Guild Wars 1 Paragon class. It would be a very unique playstyle. A hunter spec more in tune with nature magics.
    Hey! I mentioned Gw1 Paragons as a potential hero class fitting WoWs theme. I want to flesh it out better though

- - - Updated - - -

New caster ranged, or physical DPS ranged?

Despite the playerbase begging for a new ranged class, I got a sinking feeling that the next class is going to be melee DPS. Survival going melee was a pretty bad sign.
    Physical ranged personally. Which is why despite the split community I think Tinker actually -does- fit the criteria for a lot of niches and play styles underutilized.

I just don't like how Teriz made Tinker into something hybrid and melee, and that's the pitch people have stuck in their minds. I want something like a dual-pistol hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Physical ranged personally. Which is why despite the split community I think Tinker actually -does- fit the criteria for a lot of niches and play styles underutilized.

I just don't like how Teriz made Tinker into something hybrid and melee, and that's the pitch people have stuck in their minds. I want something like a dual-pistol hunter.
    Funny thing is, the Bard concept can easily fit both types of ranged combat. It could, for example, have a healing spec with spellsongs, a ranged spellcasting spec with spellsongs, and a physical ranged spec with bows/crossbows/guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hey! I mentioned Gw1 Paragons as a potential hero class fitting WoWs theme. I want to flesh it out better though

- - - Updated - - -

Teriz didn't create the Tinker, he has a take on that class. Everyone that advocates for Tinker, has their own take on the class. I personally think a Tinker is almost too robust, especially if we go with the mech suit version of the class. I see tank, physical RDPS, Healer, and even a forth spec that could do melee or range, depending on talents. But that's just my personal take.

We'll just never know what a Tinker is capable of unless Blizzard makes it a class. Until then it's personal view of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Teriz didn't create the Tinker, he has a take on that class. Everyone that advocates for Tinker, has their own take on the class. I personally think a Tinker is almost too robust, especially if we go with the mech suit version of the class. I see tank, physical RDPS, Healer, and even a forth spec that could do melee or range, depending on talents. But that's just my personal take.

We'll just never know what a Tinker is capable of unless Blizzard makes it a class. Until then it's personal view of the class.
    This.

I have seen many times people wanting a Healer spec for Tinker based around Alchemy, but i personally want a Spec based around Shields, Barriers and healing shots like Ana from OW.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    This.

I have seen many times people wanting a Healer spec for Tinker based around Alchemy, but i personally want a Spec based around Shields, Barriers and healing shots like Ana from OW.
    I don't know nothing about no OW characters. But, I tell you how I saw a Tinker in my mind prior to coming to these forums, granted it might not work at all, and was a faint idea in my head.

Goblins, Blood Elves, Orcs, Gnomes, Draenei, Dwarves

Tank Spec - Defender (inspired by the Draenei constructs in WoD) You equip two shields and youd have abilities like a battering ram, and shielding abilities like Aegis of Aggramar from Skovold and Mephistroth fights, talents could change how it works

R/M DPS - Constructionist - A non-mech spec, but the backpack thing like Gazlowe or WC3 unit, first tier talent you choose melee or range, and 4ish spells change but do same damage. The main thrust of this spec is using turrets and short term robot pets (that we see already in game)

R DPS - War Machine - this is all about launching missiles and spraying bullets and other mechanical attacks from your mech, Inspired by IronMan and War Machine characters.

Healer - Medivac - (this is where I went separate from almost everyone, and with healer Necro talk, don't feel the same way anymore) Inspired from the Anima Golems in ToT and the biggest reason why Blood Elves would be a part of the class. Pretty much those golems where the perfect mix of blood magic and Machines. I picture you use Anima to heal, and siphon off of targets and friendly targets without taking HP. Basically you'd have normal healing abilities (Potion Launcher, ETC) and then weirder Anima based healing spells.

Not too much depth there, and it's difference from other classes is more in visuals than actual mechanics, though I did have a weird idea for both War Machine and Medivac specs, but I don't feel like typing it all out.

It's not even Teriz' take on the class. Teriz' takes typically included ranged, healing, and tanking. The take that Humbugged is talking about comes from the Rise of the Naga Empire "leak" that says that the Tinker class is going to stick pretty close to its WC3 incarnation, which was melee and had some tank attributes.

It's kind of annoying that the Tinker gets associated so closely to Teriz and his (pretty close to obsessive) advocacy for the class. So much so that people actually believe that the Tinker is completely Teriz' invention.

It's not even Teriz' take on the class. Teriz' takes typically included ranged, healing, and tanking. The take that Humbugged is talking about comes from the Rise of the Naga Empire "leak" that says that the Tinker class is going to stick pretty close to its WC3 incarnation, which was melee and had some tank attributes.

It's kind of annoying that the Tinker gets associated so closely to Teriz and his (pretty close to obsessive) advocacy for the class. So much so that people actually believe that the Tinker is completely Teriz' invention.
    Yeah, when it comes to that "naga empire leak" I fully ignore it, it's nothing more than a heavy dose of fan-want and splash educated guessing.

Yeah, when it comes to that "naga empire leak" I fully ignore it, it's nothing more than a heavy dose of fan-want and splash educated guessing.
    I wouldn't. A lot of clues are pointing towards it being at least partially correct.

Deleted
    1)It will be a ranged; 100%(makes no sense otherwise).
    2)Either plate, mail or cloth armor user. Most likely mail as only hunters and shamans are fan.
    3)Think of a class, that fits mail armor fantasy usage.
    4)Tinkerers!

OR,

I guess we are done.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-08-05 at 12:09 AM.

I wouldn't. A lot of clues are pointing towards it being at least partially correct.
    Wouldn't that be also true for every single expansion's "leak", from BC to Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    1)It will be a ranged; 100%(makes no sense otherwise).
    2)Either plate, mail or cloth armor user. Most likely mail as only hunters and shamans are fan.
    3)Think of a class, that fits mail armor fantasy usage.

OR,
    Bards. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wouldn't that be also true for every single expansion's "leak", from BC to Legion?
    There have been 2 major leaks this time around: Rise of the Naga Empire, and Return of the Lich King, and the clues are definitely pointing away from a WotLK 2.0 expansion, and towards Rise of the Naga Empire.

I mean no snarkiness when I say this, but that was my reference to educated guessing. As far as I'm concerned the only real things leaking towards truth are the Kul'Tirian armor, and as of today the Jaina Proudmore Blizzcon WoW art thing. And Jaina could just easily be the art rep because she's a wildly known Warcraft figure and a lot of the other popular ones have been used in prior years.

Really in my opinion Kul Tiras will play a role, and I think it will surprise no one if Naga are the main baddies of 8.0. Everything else in that leak reeks to high-hell of fan-expac, which I love reading, I want more, but I hate it when people try to pawn it off as a "leak"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Bards. /10chars
    Traditionally, bards are leather users(taken from the classic RPGs). Makes no sense for me, that a bard would run around with a guitar and chain armor(which is mail armor in wow).

If we had any battle priest/mage-something(thinking of something opposite of class cannon due to heavier armor, but in reincarnation), it would get my vote, but it doesnt make sense with the lore/gameplay.

I litteraly can only think of the tinkerers(unfortunatly)who matchs the mentioned crits.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-08-05 at 01:33 AM.

Traditionally bards are leather users(taken from the classic RPGs). Makes no sense for me, that a bard would run around with a guitar and chain armor(which is mail armor in wow).
    Well, "tradition" in this case is more of a suggestion than guidelines. For example, "traditionally" priests and clerics wear cloth... but the DnD cleric wears mail. The point is: the Bard would be easily be made to wear mail and not affect its style.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-08-05 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Ielenia;46788616][QUOTE=Strifeload;46788583]Traditionally bards are leather users(taken from the classic RPGs). Makes no sense for me, that a bard would run around with a guitar and chain armor(which is mail armor in wow).
    Well, "tradition" in this case is more of a suggestion than guidelines. For example, "traditionally" priests and clerics wear cloth... but the DnD cleric wears mail. The point is: the Bard would be easily be made to wear mail and not affect its style.
    Bard in mail armor?

Come on now. Lets not try too hard.

Cleric could be a thing, if we didnt have paladins.

Traditionally, bards are leather users(taken from the classic RPGs). Makes no sense for me, that a bard would run around with a guitar and chain armor(which is mail armor in wow).

If we had any battle priest/mage-something(thinking of something opposite of class cannon due to heavier armor but in reincarnation), it would get my vote, but it doesnt make sense with the lore/gameplay.

I litteraly can only think of the tinkerers(unfortunatly)who matchs the mentioned crits.
    Warcraft's take on the bard (at least the one expressed in-so far) is basically taking a metalhead and transforming him into a class, so you can better justify wearing METAL chains.
    That said, there is absolutely no validity to the fan demand for armor type balance. It is absolutely meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Warcraft's take on the bard (at least the one expressed in-so far) is basically taking a metalhead and transforming him into a class, so you can better justify wearing METAL chains.
    That said, there is absolutely no validity to the fan demand for armor type balance. It is absolutely meaningless.
    Yeah, good point.

So, we have 2 most logical approaches:

1)Tinkerers.
    2)Bards.

What is the chance for a tinkerer can perform the bards role via spec? If its high and when I consider the armor type(i simple can't help myself), then I see a tinkerer as the next new thing.