Not like a console port is possible at this point, don't even expect real new content for like a year or never.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think the console development is dead in the water. Not enough capital, not enough original devs left. They can't even update the game at this point, as much as I wish it was a different situation over there. They need to get some insider tips from LotRO devs on how to produce a quality game with a skeleton crew. Right now it feels like they are just milking whatever madam faye whales are left.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Not like a console port is possible at this point, don't even expect real new content for like a year or never.
    Sadly quote likely true..this game would be great on consoles

Deleted
    1) not sure if Tyrius left or sacked for his appalling behaviour on social media.
    2) Wildstar already works great with P.C games controller mapped with xpadder, they should have gone console instead of wasting time and money on China.
    3) Updates ? Community housing is the only one we know about, apart from them messing with prime content. From the small bits of info leaked it seems they are working on two other projects, the Dev team is spread very thin at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ffxiv has proven console mmos can do very very well as has eso.
    Correct - as long as they are named Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    1) not sure if Tyrius left or sacked for his appalling behaviour on social media.
    Did I miss something? I just looked at his account real quick (don't have a Twitter so I can't see all his replies) and I don't see anything. Most are old as shit tweets.

2) Wildstar already works great with P.C games controller mapped with xpadder, they should have gone console instead of wasting time and money on China.
    China is a far, far larger market than consoles in the West. If you can manage to crack China, you've hit it pretty big. We can argue over budget/timelines for ports to consoles (including or excluding translations for European countries etc.) vs. a Chinese release, but either way it doesn't seem like NCsoft was terribly interested in finishing whatever new platforms/regions that game may have been released on given its current numbers at the time. In that they went straight into the gutter and despite a few years of strong support never really emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This isn't true at all. DCUO is a good example of a "quiet" success. SOE/DBG was pretty clear that the large majority of their revenue comes from PS3/4 rather than PC, and during the massive layoffs when they became DBG the only team to almost completely escape pretty major cuts was the DCUO team.

Couple onto that Cryptic is apparently doing pretty well with STO/Neverwinter, we're still seeing plenty of interest from publishers in porting to console (Black Desert, Tera, and others in the works), plus a bunch of psuedo-MMO's like Warframe have found big success there.

I mean this console generation, now that it can actually run semi-modern MMO's, is proving to be a pretty lucrative market for many publishers, both releasing new games across PC and now console, or porting over their older MMO's to get a new audience on new platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Or Skyforge, Tera, Neverwinter, DCUO and others.

- - - Updated - - -

3) Updates ? Community housing is the only one we know about, apart from them messing with prime content. From the small bits of info leaked it seems they are working on two other projects, the Dev team is spread very thin at this point.
    1. Source?

2. No. China is a far more important market to hit than a console market. Xpadder doesn't mean squat. And they would actually have to optimise the game for consoles which it still isn't for PC in some areas. China and Asia itself is one of the best places possible to hit it big in the MMO market.

3. That's more to do with devs consistently leaving. At this point there hasn't been anything special in updates. I mean they finally learnt their lesson and started doing what a few other MMOs are doing but well. Raiding is all but dead now same for PvP. And there are 300 Steam players. Yes not a good metric I admit but that can't bode well for the main client.

10+ Year Old Account
    No1 uses steam client for wildstar. Maybe 1% of players.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No1 uses steam client for wildstar. Maybe 1% of players.
    Source to back that up? You really want to claim there are over 20000-25000 players right now? Because it sure as hell doesn't feel or look like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Source to back that up? You really want to claim there are over 20000-25000 players right now? Because it sure as hell doesn't feel or look like it
    The only way you can test this is to log into game and use /who command. (with different asterix)
    And then count each player in each zone. And even then it wont be accurate.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The only way you can test this is to log into game and use /who command. (with different asterix)
    And then count each player in each zone. And even then it wont be accurate.
    Yeah no. If you want to believe the game has 30k concurrent players go for it.

Maybe it did at some point. But EU I doubt it has more than 5k tops.

The game did nothing to advertise itself well. And right now there is no way it is gaining enough new players to offset the balance of leaving ones. Raiding is in the pits and as for PvP who knows these days.

And no I asked you for a source that 1% use the Steam client. Nice to see you provided none.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-05 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    oh the thread troll is back....guess the forum ban is over.....for now

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-08-05 at 07:10 PM.

oh the thread troll is back....guess the forum ban is over.....for now
    Saying that the playerbase is low because EU really is barren is that?

Uhm ok then.

Asking for a source that 1% are using Steam is that?

As usual all you have is no argument here. You keep using that word and I don't think you know what it means. Guess I'll just throw you on ignore for now. Makes this a lot easier.

From what I remember with RMT only 15-20 guilds had even set foot in there. How is that good for raiding?

As for PvP only time I remember it being prominent is when they threw an event in.

Housing meanwhile seems to be still doing well.

Right now this game needs content. A 1 boss raid, some housing updates and leaderboards are nothing to be excited about.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-05 at 10:32 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using steam charts for this game is actually not accurate, but it's also not positive that the Steam stats aren't higher. Most of the players playing since launch or earlier than Steam release won't go through the trouble of uninstalling/reinstalling, moving files, correcting addons, etc. I only just now reinstalled via Steam b/c I had uninstalled the game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Using steam charts for this game is actually not accurate, but it's also not positive that the Steam stats aren't higher. Most of the players playing since launch or earlier than Steam release won't go through the trouble of uninstalling/reinstalling, moving files, correcting addons, etc. I only just now reinstalled via Steam b/c I had uninstalled the game.
    And I agree.

But what are the odds the game is up on the main client if it's down on Steam?

Nothing wrong with the game having a low playerbase. More to do with how content and advertising is being handled on their part.

I've always recommended this game to people because it's one of few F2P games with a very fair model.

Can't even get past IP verification because it won't send the email. Seriously that crap needs to go. Best part is can't even submit a ticket because I have to log in. But I can't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-05 at 11:52 AM.

Holy shit I completely forgot wildstar still existed.

redpill me on wildstar real quick

Quote Originally Posted by BlaxBgon View Post
    redpill me on wildstar real quick
    "What if we made the tone of our game douchebag bro culture but ironically right xDDDDDD?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    So pretty much Khadgars dialogue in Legion? Got it.
    Tbh I remember quite a bit of the dialogue in Wildstar being a bit cringeworthy.

I mean you level up and the announcer tries to sound cool and just fails at it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I remember quite a bit of the dialogue in Wildstar being a bit cringeworthy.

I mean you level up and the announcer tries to sound cool and just fails at it imo.
    Reminiscent of "like an anime fan on prom night" tier.