Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Horde Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

After WoD destroyed most of the Orc characters of old and made them raging "Conquerers" even without the blood of Mannoroth, which IMO made the curse redundant as it portrays them negatively even without the fel taint.

Garrosh's character change and fall.

Saurfang is around and he's on his last legs.

Thrall's lack of impact in the story, loss of power. Should he now adorn his full Doomplate and return as Warchief and fill a hole he left since he became the world shaman? The Horde without any meaningful Orc characters feels like a shadow of itself, am I the only one who feels like this?
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-08-06 at 12:26 PM.

I don't think there is going back on this one, sadly. Thrall's character is just gone, but *maybe*, Go'el's son will be a cool guy one day?

It's about time the Horde side of the story move away from orcs. After 3 expansions centered on Orcs, starting from the green Jesus in Cata, to Nazi-Garrosh in Mist and WoD, it's time to give Orcs a break and focus on some other races. The focus Belf get in Suramar with the Nightfallen Rebellion is good, and the forsaken storyline in Stormheim is decent if ended somewhat abruptly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ......no.He had an awesome run.Let him be a wise,powerful shaman who lives a life of retirement with his clan and family(like Metzen ).

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    It's about time the Horde side of the story move away from orcs. After 3 expansions centered on Orcs, starting from the green Jesus in Cata, to Nazi-Garrosh in Mist and WoD, it's time to give Orcs a break and focus on some other races. The focus Belf get in Suramar with the Nightfallen Rebellion is good, and the forsaken storyline in Stormheim is decent if ended somewhat abruptly.
    I would hardly say the Orc's were the main players for 3 expansions. The last raid of MoP at the SoO and WoD are Orc focused I agree, but you can't call Cataclysm a Orc centred expansion, thats like saying WoTLK is a undead/human expansion because of Lich King/Arthas/Tirion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    ......no.He had an awesome run.Let him be a wise,powerful shaman who lives a life of retirement with his clan and family(like Metzen ).
    He's not a powerful shaman anymore, you find this out if you do the Doomhammer quest-line. I wouldn't say Thrall was the wisest either, he's made bad decisions and is far from this Mary-Sue green Jesus character that haters like to portray him as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Anyone but thrall. Hell, even jaina would make better warchief than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Expand on your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I like Thrall, but I would be very happy with warchief Jaina. Especially if she dresses like an orc warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I like Thrall, but I would be very happy with warchief Jaina. Especially if she dresses like an orc warrior.
    I'd love to know how Jaina could be a better Warchief then Thrall. Again, it's the mindless hate I just don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Cataclysm kinda butchered Thrall. It's too hard to look at him and not see Green Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Expand on your argument.
    Thrall (or should i say GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL) crossed point of no return long ago. In legion blizzard did best thing they could - banished him into obscurity and infamy. And it should stay that way.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    He's barely 30 years old and world is not getting any safer. It's just completely illogical for such major figure to "retire" at such young age when there is still a ton to be done.
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    And paints herself green. Hell, it would be a cool story, if all that trauma led to her having mental breakdown and creating herself a persona of orcish warlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is on my list. "Pls let him/her die"

He is not the same awesome warchief anymore, he is just shaman wannabe cry baby. And probably his son will share this trait. The only person i think should be warchief, is Sarufang, if not.

Horde let be dismantled, and everyone go thier way. Since i doubt Baine could had a chance to be warchief.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Horde could use more unity, and not just coming from Orcs leadership.

Right now Lady Liadrin seems to play a bigger role in the whole expansion then Sylvanas after Broken Shore #1 (the first assault) it's sad.

If I had to pick any to follow up Sylvanas it would be Liadrin for sure.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-06 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I wouldn't want Thrall (Go'el) as a warchief again. He has let the Horde down, as well as shown bad judgement skills. Maybe when he's fully disconnected from the elements but for now, no. He's even at the stage where he's disliked by many Horde, the elements and of course, Alliance. Currently, he has an appearance as the camp counselor at Camp Shamanville - nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Thrall should die, he dishonored himself by cheating against Garrosh.

Its time to build up new Orcs and leave the WC3 generation behind.
    Also in like 3-4 exp packs Thrall kids should enter the story.

I want to see the Orcs return to there clan based roots and get current day warlords instead of keep falling back to Thrall and Saurfang.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-08-06 at 12:57 PM.

I'd much rather them just introduce some cool new orc characters. WoW struggles to utilise old favourites effectively, and most of the more well-handled characters have been the brand new ones. I'd love to see a new generation of orcs step up and bring something fresh to the Horde.

Thrall is quite literally the ingame version of Metzen. With Metzen gone, there's no coming back for Thrall. He might show up here and there in the future as Metzen said he'd like to keep voicing him but I don't see Thrall playing a major role ever again.

Well, there is still one son of a "warlord of draenor" that just sits in Garadar and hasn't been a warchief yet. And he wasn't a sad little bitch like Garrosh, maybe Horde should give him a chance.