Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He probably sent a raven to Jon at Dragonstone... or maybe he is the raven sending the note? Fuck.
    What about all those ravens at the army of the dead? Did NK raise undead ravens? Omg he has an air force too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Buncha goddamned undead ravens pecking at you, yuck.
    Alfred Hitchcock's "Crows" with a Quentin Tarentino re-touch. Epic zombie crows movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

The Dothraki are superior fighters, especially when on an open field with horses. But you also have to think about what's going on with the Lannister soldiers at that moment. They just saw a motherfucking dragon flying in, a huge army and they're now being burned alive. They're scared, confused, disoriented... there's a lot going on. The Dothraki had a plan and they executed it. The Lannister soldiers were completely unprepared for that battle, not only because it was unexpected, but also because it was against a damn dragon and an army that they hadn't ever gone up against.
    Also DICKON. He'd said he had gone hunting with some of the men they just got done killing. Missed the day at fancy lad school when they were taught about how men shit themselves when they die. Could be said for a lot of them. Killing friends, the whole ordeal. Add in OMGWTF amounts of intimidating as fuck horse archers and shit... oh and th... yeah, that's a dragon. FML.

Akin to Lord of the Rings, when the one battle had those mammoths... they had no chance. Oh, and why was BRONN the only one to realize the ass kicking they were about to receive? Not Tarly or Jamie? Grr lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I like how Internet opinions are split between people cheering for dead Lannisters and people realising that a giant flame-breathing lizard just roasted thousands of men who were just forced to go to war and fight someone else's war.

If you take a step back and look at the big image Daenerys is a foreign invader that is willing to kill thousands just because her father held a throne 22 years ago ( from which he was rightly deposed ).

Remember Stannis? When he heard the Wall was attacked he went there, even with the few troops he had left. Daenerys has a hundred thousand soldiers and still won't help Jon even though she now has proof of the White Walkers existing.

And yet people will say Stannis was worse than her, because he burned a girl alive... even though Daenerys has burned thousands of men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "Im not here to murder. Bend the knee and join me, or refuse and die"

Mad Queen at it.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    You're wasting your time using logic and common sense, it's not worth it, some (most) here are only there to nitpick for the sake of nitpicking...
    Gotta love shows and movies that generate this volume of discussion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To add, I don't think Stannis was that bad. Not when compared to Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron and Cersei
    Considering that Fire god is real, Stannis was quite good.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So you are fine with dothraki being agile and taking out a much slower armored opponent, but a tiny quick, trained assassin (who actually knows where to strike) being able to take on a large fully plate armored warrior is suddenly ridiculous.
    My point is about experience. Dothraki are seasoned fighters. Brienne is a seasoned fighter. Arya has training but her being better or at the same level is kind of unbelievable is all I'm saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Anyone with a more analytical mind know how many Lannisters were roasted in this attack? maybe 2k? I gather this wasn't the bulk of the army and more the rear guard covering the acquisition of the grain/food from Highgardan and even that was burned as well so does this attack effectively make large troop movements from both sides moot since neither side now has the supplies to supply or feed a large army? Effectively transitioning the war into a stalemate? Cersei just needs to have 3-4 of the large Xbox weapons with her main army and any dragon that gets close enough will get pin-cushioned instantly and bam goodbye dragon advantage. Danny would need to rely on very fast fly by hit and run attacks to nullify that weapon's effect.
    Wondering that meself too how many troops Tarlys n Lannisters lost...but due to Randyll n his heir being present it's a game changer for them..

Jaimie wanted Bronn to convince the reluctant Reach peasants to give up their harvests, so there's a shitload of food left since Lannisters occupied their time on getting gold. So now Daenerys has the Reach n can now also feed the Unsullied while also holding the castle and the westlands. So that's two kingdoms besides Dragonstone she has, I don't know where Dorne stands but they'll probably throw in their lot with Daenerys since they want Lannister blood..

Dorne has these houses...

House Dayne, pro-Martell, led by Beric which is Arthur's father, must be pretty old..maybe he could carry weight?..
    House Allyrion, led by some bastard
    House Blackmont, no comment
    House Qorgyle, pro-Martell
    House Yronwood, trouble, with Martells gone, this is the most powerful house, what have they been up to?
    House Manwoody, guard the pass so wouldn't trust them to move
    House Uller (Ellaria Sand's house, loyal to Martell)

Shame Dorne was butchered by tv show into bad pussy sandsnakes n one cripple martell...

So Daenerys has potentially 3 kingdoms + Dragonstone, Reach Dorne Westlands
    North, Vale, Riverlands are neutral
    Stormlands irrelevant (unless Connington n Golden Company go there)
    So Cersei only has Crownlands and Iron Islands, I'd say naval battles are unimportant now when players have made landfall...

Aegeon started with only crownlands, but had huuyyge dragons, what does Cersei have?..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-08-07 at 06:15 PM.

Because that was his daughter. He did it deliberately to gain power. It wasn't a casualty of war. It wasn't some person he didn't know. That's is much worse.

To add, I don't think Stannis was that bad. Not when compared to Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron and Cersei
    Excuse the fuck out of me but last I checked Daenerys lived most of her life across the sea, then came with an army of rapists and 3 flying monsters to conquer Westeros. How is that not deliberately gaining power?

" It's war " isn't an excuse when you're the one starting the fucking war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Considering that Fire god is real, Stannis was quite good.
    Stannis didn't care about the Fire God, he was just a tool. He never believed in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    The doth raki are horsemen, they know to excell at that, like Cosak's and mongol, they be rampaging brutes but not mindless rampaging brutes. Also this is the first time we've seen them in massive action.
    My problem with the way the Dothraki fight in the show is most importantly that they (don't) use missile weapons, the Mongols and other horse based military forces used short bows to thin the lines of heavily armored, slower opponents. There is one shot in that battle that shows the Dothraki essentially just slamming into the Lannister line and being smashed of their horses as you'd expect them to. What I'd expect them to do is try harder to get round the back and sides of them to avoid that, though in this case that might not be possible as the Lannisters seemed to have the river/caravans to guard their rear, at least slightly.

This battle was awesome all round though in my book. I did think Bronn ould run, he seems more committed to Jaime than I thought but, what it did do was confirm even more how disappointing what we saw of the conflicts at Casterly Rock and Highgarden in the last episode were.

I see there is controversy about the Brienne vs Arya fight, I don't think there needs to be. What it was for me was a vindication of my opinion that most of the swordsmen of Westeros are terrible (they have generally been poorly choreographed). As a rule, they very often over commit to attacks, they lead into attacks, they don't move thier feet enough or take advantage where there are small openings and it was nice to see someone take advantage of those things with some pretty basic rapier-like technique.

Also Brienne has been teaching Podrick for months if not longer and he is still completely fucking useless, either hes a terrible student or shes a terrible teacher.

I'm not saying it isn't. But I don't think killing men on the battlefield is comparable to burning your own daughter alive to gain some mystical power, which wasn't guaranteed to even work.
    You're right, it's worse. Stannis and his men were all going to die in the snow, Shireen included. So Stannis sacrificed her to save everyone else. The Red God was proven to exist several times over.

Daenerys came to a continent she knows nothing about, claiming that the Throne is hers even though she's done fuckall to help Westeros during the wars or against the White Walkers. She also has no actual right to the throne as House Targaryen was deposed.

Every man she kills she does so out of her selfish desire to gain power in a kingdom that never asked her to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    My point is about experience. Dothraki are seasoned fighters. Brienne is a seasoned fighter. Arya has training but her being better or at the same level is kind of unbelievable is all I'm saying
    I don't know, I get where you are coming from but I feel there is an element there we are missing. For one not ALL Dothraki are these amazing fighters, I don't see that as possible. They always seem more reckless types more than seasoned, Look at how Khal Drogo died or the dude last night that jumps in and gets speared. Sheer volumes of numbers win their fights if you ask me, not so much fighting prowess.

As for that missing element I see it like this. Something else is up with Arya in the GoT world. Some sort of magic HAS to be there to pull of the disguises they do, they change their shape completely, voice, movement, hell they might even be able to fight like the people they impersonate. Could there be a possibility they can retain that? I don't know...but Arya, I don't feel is a normal girl anymore...truth be told the only "normal" one of the bunch is Sansa. All the rest seem to have some sort of magic around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Queue five minutes of Arya absolutely embarrasing Brienne, nearly killing her about 5 times. Fingers crossed Arya will get to finish her off at some point, either that, or the Hound will come back and they can have a PROPER fight, when he's not sick.
    Only one who was embarassed in that scene was the fight coreographer.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Look, I'm not saying she's innocent, but I think when it comes to killing people, Stannis is worse because he killed his own daughter. She was innocent and good. She loved her father. It was completely fucked up, and imo, far worse than killing men on a battlefield, no matter their numbers.
    She would've died frozen, or Stannis' men might've gone feral from being sentenced to death by frost and they'd start killing people or worse.

Stannis made a sacrifice for a greater cause.

Daenerys burns people because she feels entitled to a continent she never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Only one who was embarassed in that scene was the fight coreographer.
    What's your problem with that scene? Of course it's flashy and unrealistic but so is the whole concept of the Faceless Men, fighting blind like daredevil and changing faces like it's mission impossible 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Brienne is, at a minimum, 3X stronger than Arya. And she's using a massive weapon where Arya's using a tiny one. For Arya to even slightly parry or misdirect her strokes as she does in the fight is completely unrealistic. Every time they make solid contact Arya should either stagger back or have her weapon knocked out of her hand.

The whole idea that a 110 pound girl can be competitive in a fight with a 250 pound woman who's famous for her strength is silly. Arya's game should be stealth and misdirection. Turning her into one of Westeros's greatest fighters is stretching it.
    I'm no sword expert but a parry isn't a block, it's using the other persons momentum against them to deflect the attack, a small sword can most definitely parry a larger sword like that, Brienne always seems to put a lot into her attacks too.

I don't agree with you. That was his daughter. What he did is worse, imo. You don't have to agree, but as a mother, I don't care if it was "for a greater cause", I would never hurt my children.
    She would've died frozen either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    What's your problem with that scene? Of course it's flashy and unrealistic but so is the whole concept of the Faceless Men, fighting blind like daredevil and changing faces like it's mission impossible 2.
    Dunno man I don't think GRRM will write a scene where a 15 year old girl parries the greatsword of a very strong person using a toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Dunno man I don't think GRRM will write a scene where a 15 year old girl parries the greatsword of a very strong person using a toothpick.
    Are you an expert in sword fighting? Have you ever done sword fighting?

My stance doesn't change. I wouldn't burn my children alive to save others... or to gain power.
    Well that's your own irrationality speaking and I can't change it. The fact is she would've died either way.

Your stance doesn't even make sense, burning one person alive to save thousands isn't worse than burning thousands alive because you want to sit on the Iron Throne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    Are you an expert in sword fighting? Have you ever done sword fighting?
    Do I need to have a degree in shit-tasting to know shit doesn't taste nice?

Anyone who has a working brain knows a child cannot parry the blows of an ogre. Definitely not using a toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    She would've died frozen, or Stannis' men might've gone feral from being sentenced to death by frost and they'd start killing people or worse.

Stannis made a sacrifice for a greater cause.

Daenerys burns people because she feels entitled to a continent she never knew.
    If you bend the knee she wont burn you