Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    DHs will get a third spec AFTER Shaman gets a Tank spec and DKs get a Healing spec..
    Blood DK is a healing spec.

Deleted
    a RANGE spec is the only that would Work

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I hope it gets a third spec that is a tinker and also a sub race, so we can bury those discussions all at once.
    Lmao yes, a High Elf Demon Hunter with a Tinker spec

I doubt they would. It's a very niche thing to add that wouldn't affect or appeal a lot of people, and at the same time adding a new spec to the game makes game design more complex.

0%, the developers have already said that all pure dps have 3 specs already gives too much work and if they could go back they would not have given 3 specializations for each one

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think we'll see a ranged spec if so, either that or a stealth specific spec.

They probably want to give them a normal spec to make them fit in with the next expansions now that we beat the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    0%, the developers have already said that all pure dps have 3 specs already gives too much work and if they could go back they would not have given 3 specializations for each one
    Do you have a source for that by chance? Not that I don't believe, sounds right, just like to see how Blizzard worded it.

What's the point?

To give main Dh a reason to bitch because their favorite spec isn't the best dps wise in the patch?

Just to follow the tradition of 3 specs with only druids being the special with 4?

Seriously, whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    What's the point?

To give main Dh a reason to bitch because their favorite spec isn't the best dps wise in the patch?

Just to follow the tradition of 3 specs with only druids being the special with 4?

Seriously, whats the point?
    Agreed. Blizzard has already said that a ranged spec is too close to Warlocks, and a healing spec is out of the question. In the end, it's 2 specs, and 2 races. People should accept that and move on.

Deleted
    They should fix the current specs before adding more into the mix imo. Havoc DH has like 3 buttons - the hardest part about their rotation is to not disconnect with Felrush.

I doubt it, though I also doubt Blizz will give everyone else 4th specs, even if I would like that.

That said, 4th specs for everyone else = 3rd spec for DH.

Can't really imagine what it would be. And I don't get why (or how) it would be a healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    Do you have a source for that by chance? Not that I don't believe, sounds right, just like to see how Blizzard worded it.
    was in a Live Developer Q&A months ago, cant remember in wich one

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    To preface: this is a thread meant to gather opinions on the matter based on evidence we have not an "I want a 3rd spec for DH because blah blah" / "Blizz is lazy for not already giving us a 3rd spec" thread (while I respect many are of this opinion it is not what the thread is about, thank you.) This thread was inspired by some of the ideas in a recent thread that was shut down because of:

Quote:
    MoanaLisa:
    There's been a lot of hostility and arguing just for the sake of being unpleasant so I'm going to close this with a comment from Blizzard and a link.

Play nice next time.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Regarding a third spec, nothing is ever off the table, but we will only release content that feels right for the game, and for Legion it made more sense to deliver two focused specs that fit within Demon Hunter lore, rather than delivering 3 specs that were more watered down.
    /endquote

So please, play nice friends, no need to get angry at others because you don't agree with their ideas.

With that out of the way, the blizz quote Moana linked got me thinking about how Blizz really left it open as to if they ever wanted to add another spec to DH, they easily could based on that quote. While there are a plethora of ways to interpret that (imo it's just a way for blizz to keep the door open without committing to anything final, but going to read more into it anyway lol) it got me thinking; I saw another thread awhile back about DH becoming some sort of "anti-void" users (might have been in the lore section) to combat the void we are most likely facing next expansion but most people seemed to shut it down saying "lore-wise" DH are DEMON hunters, not void hunters or anything of the sort. I have to admit I pretty much agreed with this sentiment until I saw that blizz quote again. Maybe I'm reading too much into the word choice but when one says "for legion" and "two focused specs that fit into DH lore" I got to thinking again how they could easily set up lore for DH to start delving into another area of magic after the legion is gone to give them more time to think of a fleshed out spec + make DH make sense while Legion is live.

Thoughts on if DH will get another spec based on these sort of hints and guesses? (Again I feel I need to remind, this is not about whether DH DESERVE another spec, but whether you think that is something blizz would do based on their wording so far)
    Zero. DH is fine with two specs.

Main problem is what would you even give it?

How would you differentiate a void melee from Havoc? A void caster dips into Shadow Priest territory.
    How could you make it a fel caster without stepping on Warlocks toes? Destruction is already a fel fire user, Demonology is a swarm caster, and Affliction is already doing the whole "soul corruption/stealing" schtick.

A healer just wouldn't work for the class, and does it need a second tanking spec? So other roles are out.

Would probably be better to just keep on with two specializations, better tune them, and maybe use the talent system to add more "off" variety like more spell focused talents thrown in for Havoc who want to scratch that caster itch without changing roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I hope they get deleted...

If they could come up with a range spec for the class but even that would need to steal abilities from warlocks and they are still miffed about losing metamorphosis.

TBH i would be ok if it just sticks with 2 specs and i honestly dont mind if thats the wave of the future regarding other new classes.

I would rather see a class have 2 great specs than have a class with 3 lame specs

Well, blizzard did say a while back they experimented a healing spec on paper for demon hunters but scraped it because it really made no sense. While i am not opposed to a 3rd spec... realistically what could they really do to make it set apart from the 2 specs demon hunters already have. A ranged spec where you chuck your glaives like mad dosent seem like a valid idea. Taking in void magic as opposed to fel.... dunno there. The idea of them taking in fel and fusing a demons soul is pretty set in stone.

I think something like a Spellbreaker would be cool.

Throwing glaives and countering magic (in this case, fel). It could've been a technique/fighting style brought by the Blood Elves, while Havoc is more of a Night Elven thing. Vengeance is more like "big orc drinking fel blood back in Draenor" kind of style.

It would be a very unique fighting style, since there are literally no weapon thrower specs in game.

I'm really surprised Demon Hunters didn't launch with a third spec, honestly, since there's such a big obvious gaping hole in the design space for one. I'd imagine it was probably down to time/resource constraints and not wanting to overflow the game with brand new specs considering how much revamping they did for Legion.

Anyway, I really hope we see Demon Hunters get a ranged caster spec that focuses on the demon form, since this was always the way Metamorphosis worked (both the Warlock version, the WC3 version, and in all the boss fights involving Demon Hunters) prior to Legion. It always stood out to me that Metamorphois, despite being the iconic Demon Hunter skill, hasn't felt particularly well integrated into either spec, nor did it get a fleshed out spec of its own similar to what Demonology Warlocks used to have.

It would also add another nice array of class role options to the game, since aside from Druids all the other tanks are confined to melee if they want to DPS.