Arrow Upgrade Legendaries on Argus?

I have not found any info on this, does blizz planning to force us to grind more shitty essences to upgrade 15+ legendaries in 7.3?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    I have not found any info on this, does blizz planning to force us to grind more shitty essences to upgrade 15+ legendaries in 7.3?
    The upgrades comes out with new raids. So no, not for 7.3 - but likely for 7.3.5 (with the antorus raid)

While that being said, I do think they will change the setup. It is quite fast to upgrade a few leggos, but it can get tedius upgrading the ones you never use etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    The upgrades comes out with new raids. So no, not for 7.3 - but likely for 7.3.5 (with the antorus raid)

While that being said, I do think they will change the setup. It is quite fast to upgrade a few leggos, but it can get tedius upgrading the ones you never use etc.
    But you never use those, so there's no point doing anything you don't normally do to upgrade them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But you never use those, so there's no point doing anything you don't normally do to upgrade them.
    The whole system is redundant though.

Why should we be punished for having looted legendaries before the patch? Makes no sense. There is no worthwhile gameplay that comes from it aswell. You get the essences from doing what you usually do. It just delays you for no good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean many specs use different legendaries for Mythic+ and for Raiding. Many specs also want Sephuz to be available when they can proc it. And some few specs can switch legendaries and talents for pure Single Target vs Cleave AoE. So 5-6 per spec is not uncommon. If you play two specs it can get up to 10 legendaries used commonly.

I mean as a Prot Paladin I use about 6 different legendaries and I use three more for Ret. That's nine. It really depends on the spec and on whether you play two or three specs.
    Aye. Its especially anoying if you do several types of content or play various specs as you described. It is not a terrible system per say - but it worked alot better when we only had a few leggos to upgrade, rather than the 15+ people are hitting now.

Deleted
    Well the second time around they made it faster to upgrade legendaries. They might make it even faster the third time around
    It took me 2 weeks to get all 7 relevant legendaries up to ilvl 970. You could get nearly 3 upgrades/week so you could get 10 upgrades in 21 days. If they make it even faster you can get 11 or 12 upgrades in 21 days.

I cant understand all those. It took me 1 week to get all IMPORTANT upgrades... the rest was situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The whole system is redundant though.

Why should we be punished for having looted legendaries before the patch? Makes no sense. There is no worthwhile gameplay that comes from it aswell. You get the essences from doing what you usually do. It just delays you for no good reason.
    Just reroll once the patch hits and you can loot all the legendaries you want at the new cap without punishment.

Deleted
    Well it is the same for alts. Doing TOS (normal) + weekly m+ +daily hc + emissary isnt much effort. Even if you did pnly TOS normal + M+ (can be done in 2 hours) you get 70 essences/week. Or only emissary and daily hc, taking 30 minutes/day if your char is low ilvl.

Btw i forgot pvp, so you can get more than 3 upgrades/week.

Exactly, it barely takes any effort so people are simply complaining that it is not automatic? Why should a +30 ilvl boost be automatic? What is more fun, logging in to see your character has +3 ilvls and then going on like that or getting to click on an item and boost it by +30 ilvls?

My only issue is with alts since as an altoholic I have dozens of legendaries on alts and those take longer to upgrade.
    There's nothing fun about "getting to click on an item and boost it by +30 ilevels". It's just a tedious/pointless set of quests that you complete by doing what you'd be doing anyway, so why even have the quest? It doesn't make you do anything you wouldn't do otherwise
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well it is the same for alts. Doing TOS (normal) + weekly m+ +daily hc + emissary isnt much effort. Even if you did pnly TOS normal + M+ (can be done in 2 hours) you get 70 essences/week. Or only emissary and daily hc, taking 30 minutes/day if your char is low ilvl.

Btw i forgot pvp, so you can get more than 3 upgrades/week.
    well i bet there is put there this one person for whom watching paint dry is entertaining too

but for majority it would be torture so no reason to support shitty system for sake of being blizzard whiteknight

Deleted
    I mean many specs use different legendaries for Mythic+ and for Raiding. Many specs also want Sephuz to be available when they can proc it. And some few specs can switch legendaries and talents for pure Single Target vs Cleave AoE. So 5-6 per spec is not uncommon. If you play two specs it can get up to 10 legendaries used commonly.

I mean as a Prot Paladin I use about 6 different legendaries and I use three more for Ret. That's nine. It really depends on the spec and on whether you play two or three specs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like the legendary stops being useful because it's 970; it will still be better than Antorus gear unless you are at the cutting edge on Mythic or got ridiculous TF luck, you are still likely to have 4-5 ready before Mythic is up. It is a small extra reward for doing things you normally do.
    Not saying it is.

But its a redundant system. Completely unecessary.

ion gets pretty hard thinking of new ways to timegate the playerbase so you should expect legendary upgrades in 7.3.5, either with the same method but we gain more from the same sources or they add essences to the new systems in argus

I think I understand some of the motivation to make us upgrade - the ilvl bump is there to keep the legendary items on the same relative level to the new gear, so they timegate it so that you begin to get that upgrade once you are getting that gear, not right before you start trying to get that gear. However, the net result takes too long and is too tedious with the sheer number of legendaries and how late into the game we are (so a lot of people have many/most/all of them).

Personally, I think a nice compromise might be that the upgrade quests happens similarly to as it does now, but it is not repeatable. Once you complete that you get a follow-up quest that is essentially the same, the only difference being that the item it rewards upgrades all of your other legendaries at once. The result being you do the quest twice (once for each legendary you are actually wearing) and the rest get done for free once that is done.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Who else is excited for the legendary cap increasing to ilvl 1000 and the TF cap going up to 985? Good times indeed, friends.. good times.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This system is part of what made me finally quit WoW. It's not that I mind working for a reward, but since WoW is a game, games are for entertainment, and I see 0 entertainment in doing emissaries, low M+ or LFR (the only content that would be available to me after a break, seeing as I'm guildless and low geared in the new patch) well, why keep paying for a game that's just not fun? If it's for timegating, they could've just made a new questchain that resets every 2-3 days or something and asks you to do things that aren't the old boring content that has been available since the start of the expansion. I don't care if it's delivering letters or killing bears that no WQ ever asked you to kill before, as long as it's something I haven't done a hundred times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    This system is part of what made me finally quit WoW. It's not that I mind working for a reward, but since WoW is a game, games are for entertainment, and I see 0 entertainment in doing emissaries, low M+ or LFR (the only content that would be available to me after a break, seeing as I'm guildless and low geared in the new patch) well, why keep paying for a game that's just not fun? If it's for timegating, they could've just made a new questchain that resets every 2-3 days or something and asks you to do things that aren't the old boring content that has been available since the start of the expansion. I don't care if it's delivering letters or killing bears that no WQ ever asked you to kill before, as long as it's something I haven't done a hundred times already.

probably good thing you quit because mmos are probably not for you. not if you dont like repetitive tasks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    ion gets pretty hard thinking of new ways to timegate the playerbase so you should expect legendary upgrades in 7.3.5, either with the same method but we gain more from the same sources or they add essences to the new systems in argus
    yeah. hes probably in his office now thinking of what he can do to piss people of. seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    There's nothing fun about "getting to click on an item and boost it by +30 ilevels". It's just a tedious/pointless set of quests that you complete by doing what you'd be doing anyway, so why even have the quest? It doesn't make you do anything you wouldn't do otherwise
    It gets some people to PvP but that's minor

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    probably good thing you quit because mmos are probably not for you. not if you dont like repetitive tasks.
    I did fine with the repetitive tasks of every other expansion. This one just got a bit too extreme. I'm now off to play another MMO with more enjoyable repetitive tasks. kthxbye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    I did fine with the repetitive tasks of every other expansion. This one just got a bit too extreme. I'm now off to play another MMO with more enjoyable repetitive tasks. kthxbye
    Also, the amount of RNG is simply disgusting. This is the first time when we have to gamble for reputation mounts, which have been granted in all expansions before as soon as you got to exalted and cashed in the gold. And many factions even had 2-3 recolours, which was a nice side effect. Now, even this is RNG. More than enough to make one sick. I don't mind working for a reward, but milling on without seeing any end, this equals to Sysiphus' torture in Hell. No way a benevolent company would implement such a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It really comes down to a game design philosophy from Blizzard. They don't want you to get power without doing something first. Having the legendaries upgrade just when the patch hits would increase your power without you actually doing anything and for Blizzard that it is a disruptive thing. Blizzard want you to feel like you "earn" every upgrade, that doing content is a good thing in the end. That is why the essence normally drops from alot of content, because they want you to feel like you have been rewarded for just playing.

I am really on Blizzards side here. I understand the player problems, that comes with instant upgrades and if the legendary drop chance for new characters were a bit higher, i would even say that the system was perfect. In the perfect world, getting 100 essences to upgrade 2 legendary should take as time as it takes for a new character to get 2 legendaries, that is sadly not the case.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.