By the way, those mammoths? They have hands at the end of their trunks. Now I cant stop wondering why didnt they evolve them in real life honestly.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2017-07-26 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    Because trunks don't have any bones.

Of course, chaos mutations doesn't give a crap about stuff like this being absolutely impossible.
    Well maybe not creepy human hand, but a tentacle one like those Star children moles.

War Hydra with a nice little kill at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Also someone spotted a warpstone in the video.

Winter has come.

- - - Updated - - -

Throgg, King in the north
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-07-29 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to note is that the inclusion of Norsca as a distinct army kind of goes against what they said earlier about 16 factions to represent the main tabletop armies, Norsca never had any units for the TT from what I've heard. And since with their having an army + the 4 game 2 races we are up to 13 total factions in game. leaving only 3 for DLC and game 3 (Though game 3 will likely have each of the main gods with their own army of demons for the 4 main armies). So just 2 armies for DLC. So.... I wrote this up on what might come eventually.

As far as potential future DLC's/Game 3 factions we have Tilea (Or their mercenary/pirate forces), Kislev (More wintry Empire units and bear cavalry I'd guess), Araby, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Demons, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Albion, Cathy, Ind and Nippon. That get's us to a total potential of 24 Individual armies. After those factions there's not a whole lot that can be added in terms of whole armies and most of them aren't even that fleshed out on the table top.
    As far as DLC for game 2 goes I think we'll get Araby, Tomb Kings, and Maybe Tilea/Kislev. The 3rd game may divide Chaos Demons into 4 separate armies (Very likely given how Norsca deals with the gods) I think Ogre Kingdoms will be the pre-order for them and then we will likely see Chaos Dwarves, Cathay and Nippon as DLC. We might see Albion as a DLC if it's ever added to the map and I have no Idea where Ind is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Technically Norsca does have units, they are just a part of the Chaos list.

With the exception of Daemons getting there own Codex, everything else related to Chaos falls into a single army list.

It's the same with Tilea, Ind, Araby, Cathay and Nippon, they don't have any units in the TT outside of Dogs of War (mercenary regiments) that can be hired by other armies.

Ind is pretty much located where India is irl

Make sure you get your free regiments of renown DLC by signing up to Total War Access and logging in after August 10

Skaven cover art leaked, not so sneaky now are we. Well we all knew they would come

Also ca used the Surtha Ek meme and changed his tree so he gets a chariot sooner now haha, im so gonna confederate him and use him to steamroll the world.

- - - Updated - - -

There will also be a 10 turn CD on Regiments of renown's, pretty nice.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-08-08 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Whoopsie.

Anyway, old world changes incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Whoopsie.

Anyway, old world changes incoming.

Nice that they go back and fix the vanilla factions abit to, hope they flesh out empire with all the Imperial Province's and their unique units and Knightly Orders like knights of the white wolf and the cult of ulric units for Middenland etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Nice that they go back and fix the vanilla factions abit to, hope they flesh out empire with all the Imperial Province's and their unique units and Knightly Orders like knights of the white wolf and the cult of ulric units for Middenland etc etc.
    Personaly hope that Franz will no longer have two quest weapons. You can see that he was the first legendary lord they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Personaly hope that Franz will no longer have two quest weapons. You can see that he was the first legendary lord they made.
    Yeah that is pretty dumb as you only replace the first one anyways with ghal maraz when you get that one.

Deleted

Will try it tonight when im home, think i Wait for full play through untill steel and faith mod is updated.

Heard there is some issues with crashes to atm will see.

Deleted
    Norsca range units are super strong against armies that don't field a lot of range units themselves.

They chew through beasts, cav-skrimishers and armored units as if they are all t1 units - wow.
    Chaos is super fun to play now too, because awakening tribes will actually get you strong allies now and you can get a lot of them too, because they don't need a whole lot of provinces/regions to grow strong.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-10 at 08:48 PM.

Berserkers and Javelin Hunters are very strong, yeah. One of the tribes I fought had a War Mammoth (2200 cost), armor and all. 3 Javelin units (1200 cost) chewed through its entire health bar in about 30-40 seconds and then got about 60 kills each. Meanwhile Berserkers utterly massacre any basic infantry they run against, which is a godsend on Very Hard since your infantry usually gets rekt due to the AI's bonuses. They even beat Dwarf Warriors which are usually very problematic early game.

And from custom battles, I can already tell that Armored Skin Wolves will be borderline OP, especially the RoR version which rekts anything short of Demigryphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to try a custom battle of 20 armored Mammoths against 19 units of swordsmen + Karl Franz, 9 units of Dwarf warriors + Belegar, 7 Treemen, 10 dryads and 3 of the mid level tree people and the 20 mammoths completely demolished them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Berserkers and Javelin Hunters are very strong, yeah. One of the tribes I fought had a War Mammoth (2200 cost), armor and all. 3 Javelin units (1200 cost) chewed through its entire health bar in about 30-40 seconds and then got about 60 kills each. Meanwhile Berserkers utterly massacre any basic infantry they run against, which is a godsend on Very Hard since your infantry usually gets rekt due to the AI's bonuses. They even beat Dwarf Warriors which are usually very problematic early game.

And from custom battles, I can already tell that Armored Skin Wolves will be borderline OP, especially the RoR version which rekts anything short of Demigryphs.
    Speaking of RoR, the Chaos Knights RoR is so fucking amazing from a design perspective. Man, the guy who had this idea should get a small bonus or something. It's so much FUN from a "roleplay" perspective alone. It's a true Bodyguard unit that kicks ass. So much fun to have your Lord and Heroes charge in with them.

They deal Fire damage too, so they work even better with Archaon's Kindleflame.

Man, I wonder if they could release similar RoRs for the other factions.

The WE RoR-Cav has the same ability, but I don't think they can make it work like the Chaos Knights because of how WE lords and heroes are designed.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-10 at 09:50 PM.

Doing some testing at the moment. If you need to counter Mammoths as Chaos, pick some Shaggoths. They utterly massacre the beasts, and pretty much counter the entire Norscan roster save for the Javelins.

Fimir Warriors are slightly disappointing. They lose against similarly priced heavy infantry, and while they have a hefty Anti-Large bonus they're kinda slow, and Skinwolves already fill that nice. The RoR ones are terrors however, winning against GW Chosen and making mincemeat of Large targets.

Speaking of which, Skinwolves are pretty damn powerful. The armored variant especially punches way above its weight class, and the RoR one really does massacre any cavalry unit in the game, with only Demis giving it pause. And that's without cycle charging to regen. Definitely a very powerful unit.

GW Marauder Champions almost beat Black Orcs 1v1. Considering that Black Orcs are the premier heavy infantry in the game at the moment, that's fairly praiseworthy.

Very nice dlc, awesome units and campaign mechanics. Seems quality keeps getting better i guess they got alot of money on part one and i think part 2 will sell really good.