Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    So could the Swastika ever be rebranded to its original meaning or is it tainted for good?
    Give it time and it'll be doable. Memories take a long time to fade, and in this case there's a lot of money and such that's been poured into making sure we all associate the swastika with the Nazis.
    Still not tired of winning.

Deleted
    Weird, I thought of something like that for T-shirt hell when it was more popular.

Deleted
    The 卐 symbol has been abused way too much to become anything good again in the western hemisphere.

Deleted
    It turns out the t shirt hell shop's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    >citing Daily Mail articles

You might as well have taken a picture of your anus and put a caption over it, that would have about the same journalistic credibility as that garbage tabloid.
    Considering the dailymail is one of the better newspapers in the UK I wonder how you would describe the sun or the gruaniad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Rebranding the Swastika?

So a clothing company decided that it wanted to rebrand the swastika (a notorious nazi symbol) from a symbol of hate to its original symbol of that of peace and good fortune that was used for thousand of years by cultures all over the world before the nazis used it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40848372

As you can read it caused a massive backlash and the company has now taken it down.

So could the Swastika ever be rebranded to its original meaning or is it tainted for good?.

IMO its forever tainted and if you walked around wearing one of those t-shirts you would get your head kicked in and no matter how much you try to tell them its not what it means.

I don't quite think we're ready for it here in the west. But I very much doubt that Buddhism is gonna stop using it, even though there are distinct differences between the Buddhist symbol and the Nazi symbol.
    If something like Buddhism was more widespread, a different view of the symbol would perhaps come from it.

Specific words and images only carry as much power as you allow it to have. However nowdays you really can't try to devalue the power of specific offensive phrases and images.

We hear about how we should learn to move on and not be hurt by phrases and images. But the more outrage and power we give symbols like the swastika or spoken words. (Pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. which I cannot post here without gettin infracted). The more they'll remain and continue to offend. Now days, yes, the swastika is prominent for nazism. IT will be historically resembled for that. But if we continue giving the power. Sooner or later people will utilize to purposely offend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Sooner or later people will utilize to purposely offend.
    Much sooner if I can get my hands on a t shirt printing press.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Considering the dailymail is one of the better newspapers in the UK I wonder how you would describe the sun or the gruaniad.
    The Daily Mail is possibly lower than the Sun when it comes to blatant bias and making shit up... just because it has a nice masthead and comes on slightly larger pages doesn't mean it's a classier paper.

Using it as the exact replica as they Nazi method [Angled] might not have been the best idea...

But there are is an ungodly amount of ignorant people out there that think it's a symbol made by the Nazis....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Using it as the exact replica as they Nazi method [Angled] might not have been the best idea...

But there are is an ungodly amount of ignorant people out there that think it's a symbol made by the Nazis....
    Do the origins matter when that meaning completly changed? No one with 2 brain cells gives jainism flak for the symbol. Theres no reason to dawn the symbol outside of that context except for historical significance. I mean you can if you want be dont be shocked when people look at you sideways.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Nazis have ruined that symbol indefinitely.
    Putin khuliyo

It's too late for it, it is not what it use to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Also, don't wear Columbia Sportswear! It's totally Nazi!

I like the brand and have a lot of stuff from it but once someone said that logo looks like a swastika. I never saw it before but now that someone mentioned it my brain is manipulated to see it too.
    That design is different though. I don't think it's similar enough to be comparable.

Unless they're using the skin of dead Jews for shoe leather . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddhist swastika is literally different to the nazi one. Meanwhile in the West we're more than happy to brand all sorts of shite with the exact Rising Sun flag that stands for slavery and mass murder in the East. That shirt in the OP is really fucking stupid though.

The swastika did not mean peace and good fortune before, it was a sun-wheel in the Germanic Pagan religion in Europe before Christianity. The idea that it means peace and good fortune is from this progressive view that the Swastika was taken from Buddhism. Feminists have tried to rebrand the swastika, not realizing that Margaret Sanger, who founded Planned Parenthood, was likely a Nazi herself.
    Last edited by Seani; 2017-08-08 at 10:14 PM.