Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    lunar spells from a balance druid (not the others which are not moon based) refer explicitly to the White lady aka the moon associated with Elune, i wont argue about this again because this is like common sense since wow vanilla
    The incomplete understanding that spawned this sentence is, interestingly, at the core of why so many people find themselves confused regarding the nuances of magic within Warcraft at large.

It doesn't matter what one group believes, or what they suspect, all that matters is measured and observed actuality. The sun/moon isn't actually a source of magic, they don't draw from it any power at all, they're little more than religious symbolism.

that´s not my logic, this is hillarious, you are putting words in my mouth, i said it clearly, the moon=elune is an aislated, unique case, im not saying that every type of magic behaves like that, last time i answer to this nonsense

care to provide a source about the whole malfurion thing
    That's your logic though. You are singling out Elune=moon as an isolated case without any basis why it's isolated. The source of the whole thing about Malfurion's attitude toward faith is in the short story:Seed of Faith and Wolfheart novel. In WotA trilogy Cenarius also turned down his teaching to Tyrande on the basis that she belonged to Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Opposite to Druids and Demon Hunters. Whereas druids are specifically chosen or blessed, and DHs were trained by xenophobic elitist.
    Anyone can become a druid with proper training. You don't need to be chosen or blessed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Didn't Kosak say Harvest witches weren't actually druids?
    They weren't because they lacked proper training. The ancient taurens and night elves were also taught but they were likely not really talented, so they did not become druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's your logic though. You are singling out Elune=moon as an isolated case without any basis why it's isolated. The source of the whole thing about Malfurion's attitude toward faith is in the short story:Seed of Faith and Wolfheart novel. In WotA trilogy Cenarius also turned down his teaching to Tyrande on the basis that she belonged to Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can become a druid with proper training. You don't need to be chosen or blessed.

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't because they lacked proper training. The ancient taurens and night elves were also taught but they were likely not really talented, so they did not become druid.
    the basis is..... it has been this way since vanilla!!!

when i said source, i meant like an actual quote

the basis is..... it has been this way since vanilla!!!

when i said source, i meant like an actual quote
    From Wolfheart 443 pg.

"You see? We had faith it would work out and it did" -Tyrande
    "You had faith. I am still learning" - Malfurion

Regarding Tyrande's visions from her goddess.

I am too lazy to dig the rest for you from the short story and the trilogy.

From Wolfheart 443 pg.

"You see? We had faith it would work out and it did" -Tyrande
    "You had faith. I am still learning" - Malfurion

Regarding Tyrande's visions from her goddess.

I am too lazy to dig the rest for you from the short story and the trilogy.
    im sorry this conversation has been going for so long, that i forgot what point are you trying to make here

im sorry this conversation has been going for so long, that i forgot what point are you trying to make here

i have always thought that the powers that balance druids use are quite literal, in the sense that they ask or commune with Elune for the power of the stars and she gives it to them, so if the spells are "astral" in nature then the stars are also astral as well, but thats jut how i see things im not saying its actually like that unless until is confirmed
    That's your argument. I said that worshiping Elune has never had anything to do with Druidsim. You don't get power from her if you don't have strong faith in her in the first place. That's how the priestesses get their power. Malfurion could use lunar spells just fine without strong faith which means that drawing lunar power is independent of communing with Elune. And Druidism is what he taught to his students.

That's your argument. I said that worshiping Elune has never had anything to do with Druidsim. You don't get power from her if you don't have strong faith in her in the first place. That's how the priestesses get their power. Malfurion could use lunar spells just fine without strong faith which means that drawing lunar power is independent of communing with Elune. And Druidism is what he taught to his students.
    well, thats interesting, i always thought that because all priests had to use the same toolkit of abilities and because Blizzard didn´t wanted to waste the ideas behind Tyrande powers in Warcraft 3 then they just decided to give those powers to the new balance druids, i say new because as far as i can remember the concept of balance druid didnt exist in warcraft 3

well, thats interesting, i always thought that because all priests had to use the same toolkit of abilities and because Blizzard didn´t wanted to waste the ideas behind Tyrande powers in Warcraft 3 then they just decided to give those powers to the new balance druids, i say new because as far as i can remember the concept of balance druid didnt exist in warcraft 3
    The powers, yes. But not the justifications of why they have them. So Balance has spells that look like the ones of WC3 Priestesses of the Moon, but for entirely different reasons.