Witch doctor
    Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Atm i dont want a new class but i still see a few options left:

Tinker
    Spellbreaker
    Witch doctor
    Bard
    What a spellbreaker do? Also any links to fan-concepts of a Witch Doctor in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    What a spellbreaker do? Also any links to fan-concepts of a Witch Doctor in WoW?
    I always liked this Spellbreaker concept:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept-(long)

Haven't seen anything for Witch Doctor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I always liked this Spellbreaker concept:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept-(long)

Haven't seen anything for Witch Doctor though.
    Seems legit, control spec seems the most unique, the other two feel like Hunter or warrior with a different flare, which I am not against.

Seems legit, control spec seems the most unique, the other two feel like Hunter or warrior with a different flare, which I am not against.
    If you dial it down to simple attacks I think every class is not that unique. If you take a look at the arms Warrior and the Death Knight, there are some similarities but the theme is different and defines the class. Sure, we have poisons, bleed effects and other debuffs, but that is just a define thing imo.
    So more classes with different flair and style would be awesome imo

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    If you dial it down to simple attacks I think every class is not that unique. If you take a look at the arms Warrior and the Death Knight, there are some similarities but the theme is different and defines the class. Sure, we have poisons, bleed effects and other debuffs, but that is just a define thing imo.
    So more classes with different flair and style would be awesome imo
    I agree, but it felt different enough.

I agree, but it felt different enough.
    Yes and it should feel different. Absolutly. I remember when there was talk about a possible Demon Hunter class some years back. Many replied, that it would not be possible, or that most of the abilities are already incorpurated in the warlock or that the DH is just to similar to the rogue (or monk)
    And where are we now?
    Now, since I am the one holding up the Blademaster flag in this thread, IF you create a Blademaster (or any other class), there are similarities to the Warrior, but they would play totally different. They have to, because a Blademaster is nothing like a Warrior. You take the WC3 hero unit, look at Samuro in Hots and add some abilities we have seen Blademasters do ingame (WoD Nagrand) and create the class. Hots Samuro is a great template imo. (As would be Galliwix for a Tinker imo)

btw, honest question: Where the hell is Samuro? I dont think he is being forgotten by Blizz, because...they put him into Hots. But where is he in WoW? He was not in WoD Nagrand, was he? He is also not the singer of the band. I find it really confusing that this character has not made an appearance now. Valeera Sanguinar was briefly put into the game, even Rokhan showed up, but nothing of him. So where is he?

Yes and it should feel different. Absolutly. I remember when there was talk about a possible Demon Hunter class some years back. Many replied, that it would not be possible, or that most of the abilities are already incorpurated in the warlock or that the DH is just to similar to the rogue (or monk)
    And where are we now?
    Now, since I am the one holding up the Blademaster flag in this thread, IF you create a Blademaster (or any other class), there are similarities to the Warrior, but they would play totally different. They have to, because a Blademaster is nothing like a Warrior. You take the WC3 hero unit, look at Samuro in Hots and add some abilities we have seen Blademasters do ingame (WoD Nagrand) and create the class. Hots Samuro is a great template imo. (As would be Galliwix for a Tinker imo)

btw, honest question: Where the hell is Samuro? I dont think he is being forgotten by Blizz, because...they put him into Hots. But where is he in WoW? He was not in WoD Nagrand, was he? He is also not the singer of the band. I find it really confusing that this character has not made an appearance now. Valeera Sanguinar was briefly put into the game, even Rokhan showed up, but nothing of him. So where is he?
    Hanging with Mr. Cooper, is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, since they couldnt even fill up more than 2 specs for DH, I wonder what they can come up with for yet another Hero class.

You might be able to think of classes lore-wise, but I think its's pretty much done gameplay-wise.
    My version of Tinkerer would introduce the first "support" class to the game -- its DPS is based around its own contributions PLUS how much it can buff allies. Buffs scale based on number of allies impacted to keep them balanced in all group sizes (there's a few different ways to do this).

One tree would be focused on buffs, a second tree on debuffs, the third on more personal DPS with weaker buffs/debuffs.

I don't think it'd be a hero class, but it'd definitely be new gameplay.
    Last edited by Letdown; 2017-08-10 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    My version of Tinkerer would introduce the first "support" class to the game -- its DPS is based around its own contributions PLUS how much it can buff allies. Buffs scale based on number of allies impacted to keep them balanced in all group sizes (there's a few different ways to do this).

One tree would be focused on buffs, a second tree on debuffs, the third on more personal DPS with weaker buffs/debuffs.

I don't think it'd be a hero class, but it'd definitely be new gameplay.
    I dont see a need for a Tinker to have a third spec. Nice to have nowadays, but the DH showed that they could add hero classes without a third spec and with that stay true to the core theme and flair of the class. A range spec for a DH sounds like a good idea gamewise. But in the end, its just not necessary.
    I like the idea of bringing back support or even enlarging the support, maybe even break the trinity and add support. That would be a massive overhaul of the classes, but could help to add more classes or change some existing trees. Then again they did it in SWTOR to let players being healed by shooting with guns at them so who if not Goblins and Gnomes could come up with "tech" like that and heal frieds bei throwing bombs at them

I dont see a need for a Tinker to have a third spec. Nice to have nowadays, but the DH showed that they could add hero classes without a third spec and with that stay true to the core theme and flair of the class. A range spec for a DH sounds like a good idea gamewise. But in the end, its just not necessary.
    I like the idea of bringing back support or even enlarging the support, maybe even break the trinity and add support. That would be a massive overhaul of the classes, but could help to add more classes or change some existing trees. Then again they did it in SWTOR to let players being healed by shooting with guns at them so who if not Goblins and Gnomes could come up with "tech" like that and heal frieds bei throwing bombs at them
    The reason I think you do 3 specs on the "Support tinkerer" is only because many people likely want the flair of the machinist/gadgeteer feel (flamethrowers, guns, potions, mail armor, etc.) but they don't want to feel like they're just a "buff bitch." While I personally LOVE that playstyle and it's what I will always main given the opportunity to, I think I'm in a minority of people. Tinkerer feels like the right place to add support if they were going to, the game will be 15+ years old before we see a new class added again.

Some people prefer buffing, some people prefer debuffing, and some people just want to use a flamethrower full time. My larger concern is how difficult it would be to balance -- even if you do stuff like buff scaling, getting it to scale properly will be tough. I think it's easy to balance the damage around the support component, but I think making support not feel mandatory in every raid is where it gets really tricky.

We need a ranged class that wears mail and isn't shadowy or sinister. Tinkers and bards can both fit that role.