Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Yes you should just follow Google's example and only employ left wing feminists.
    Nope, gonna employ far-righters so they can fawn over Trump 24/7, chase away any "undesirable" customers of colour and preferences and jerk off over how sexual assault makes them manly men instead of getting actual work done.

You would get employed in a heartbeat too.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Nope, gonna employ far-righters so they can fawn over Trump 24/7, chase away any "undesirable" customers of colour and preferences and jerk off over how sexual assault makes them manly men instead of getting actual work done.

You would get employed in a heartbeat too.
    Instead of what's now: embedded company with a virtual monopoly that influences social-economic and policies arround the world because of it's dominant position on the internet, employing "token" spots to fringe demographics (example: half black, half asian transgender midget with a brownie fetish) to up the "progressive" game to an extent it looks more like a circus than a corporate enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Instead of what's now: embedded company with a virtual monopoly that influences social-economic and policies arround the world because of it's dominant position on the internet, employing "token" spots to fringe demographics (example: half black, half asian transgender midget with a brownie fetish) to up the "progressive" game to an extent it looks more like a circus than a corporate enviroment.
    Oh, is that how the alt-right describes a company of upright, fair and inclusive practices with quality products and services now? You guys are weird.

Although in hindsight, I guess the alt-right must be really mad about not given a platform to say whatever alternative anti-social rubbish they wanted, what a travesty and miscarriage of justice there.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

When you prevent people from speaking their opinion, no matter how stupid, you prevent yourself from being exposed to it and eventually you won't understand what is stupid and what isn't.

Free speech is important because it gives us something to calibrate against. If you suppressed everyone you think to have "alternative anti-social rubbish" then eventually you would say something that they would agree with, but not realise that it's bad because you've got no dissenting opinions before that to measure against.

Deleted
    Average capitalist Joe enforcing selective Marxist principles in the name of team work and a placid working force, what's new.

In a true Marxist environment of self-determination the following conditions are true...

Cost of living = Free
    Cost of stay = Free
    Cost of breaking contract= Free, you'll just be moved else-wear

Google isn't Marxist, they are an extortionist dictatorship. Your morals are different? Back in the ocean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really simple concept here folks.

Being white, black, asian, middle eastern, gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered, all of those are something people are born with. It's something that cannot change, or to change it go through incredible lengths to do so. There is little "choice" in this. People are what they are, and you can't discriminate against a passive trait that someone inherently has.

However, being an ASSHOLE is a choice. And companies can absolutely choose to fire people for the choices they make in life, especially in the work place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It may get some shitlord dicks hard on the internet, but "diversity discriminates against me" isn't going to fly for a second in a court of law.
    I guess certain people have a hard time understanding that just because a company is hiring a diverse crew doesn't mean they're not hiring white/straight/males.

Know a guy from WoW long time ago who went on a rant about how some company chose another applicant over him simply because she was a black woman, and believed himself to be superior in every way and he should have gotten it.

I asked him about how his interview went, and it gradually became clear that despite his credentials, he acted like a stuck up prick in his interview. I guess sometimes people forget that your interview is almost always more important than your resume, and entitled assholes with a superiority complex are easy to spot from a mile away.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post

Being white, black, asian, middle eastern, gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered, all of those are something people are born with. It's something that cannot change, or to change it go through incredible lengths to do so. There is little "choice" in this. People are what they are, and you can't discriminate against a passive trait that someone inherently has.

However, being an ASSHOLE is a choice. And companies can absolutely choose to fire people for the choices they make in life, especially in the work place.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess certain people have a hard time understanding that just because a company is hiring a diverse crew doesn't mean they're not hiring white/straight/males.

Know a guy from WoW long time ago who went on a rant about how some company chose another applicant over him simply because she was a black woman, and believed himself to be superior in every way and he should have gotten it.

I asked him about how his interview went, and it gradually became clear that despite his credentials, he acted like a stuck up prick in his interview. I guess sometimes people forget that your interview is almost always more important than your resume, and entitled assholes with a superiority complex are easy to spot from a mile away.
    Hiring people who are diverse is fine, but hiring people who you think make your company look diverse is a whole different issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Since there are so many users here who call this man's sources laughable and not factual in any way, can anyone explain why the Scandinavian countries, despite their numerous attempts to socially engineer out the disparities in men and women, have an even larger disparity in certain professions like nursing and engineering compared to other countries? That would almost help lend some credibility to the notion that, though there's significant overlap, men and women simply prefer differ things.

Or maybe the Scandinavians are just extra super sexist. And racist, while they're at it, because they're white. Because reasons.
    Considering women in Switzerland only achieved the right to vote in national elections in 1971, I think sexism and gender stereotypes may still be a factor.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%...in_Switzerland
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-08-10 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Considering women in Sweden only achieved the right to vote in national elections in 1971, I think sexism and gender stereotypes may still be a factor.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%...in_Switzerland
    That's Switzerland, not Sweden. Get your facts rights! And NO, in today's western nations gender stereotypes are present and will be because they are valided by the majority and sexism is such a broad term, thanks to feminism, that it's lafable.

And reality is the thing that doesn't go away when you close your eyes, so why is it that you will accept that list of things as unchangeable, yet you still insist that you can change reality if you close your eyes hard enough?

The guy didn't write some insane rant, he made an argument based upon rational thought supported by citations. Here I will link the Jordan Peterson interview again, under the video Peterson posted a whole list of links to the citations backing up the arguments made by Damore. I suggest watching it on youtube and investigating the sources yourself if you don't trust the people on this thread who have said this.

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted

You can't have nice things because of smart-asses like these...

"Transexual programmer, knows C++, Java, BDSM." - Average bio from some of the more 'liberated' Google programmers.

Why are they listing their sexual preferences next to their technical skills if they don't really want me to fuck them while briefing them of their task? That is one lousy programmer. It's nothing funny, it's a provocative and immature trend from people with terrible social skills who refuse to grow-up just slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post

"Transexual programmer, knows C++, Java, BDSM." - Average bio from some of the more 'liberated' Google programmers.

Why are they listing their sexual preferences next to their technical skills if they don't really want me to fuck them while briefing them of their task? That is one lousy programmer. It's nothing funny, it's a provocative and immature trend from people with terrible social skills who refuse to grow-up just slightly.
    Source?

Also saying this is the average resume from a specific subset of people is rather meaningless. The only reason you would phrase this is to misrepresent the average worker to people who gloss over the qualifier at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post

This isn't even a strawman, it's a single straw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Hiring people who are diverse is fine, but hiring people who you think make your company look diverse is a whole different issue.
    I've seen no evidence that this actually happened at Google.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    There's a diversity VP at google.

I guess it is a great thing that the only people arguing for this is Google themselves then huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    There's a diversity VP at google.
    That's not evidence to support your claim. Hiring qualified candidates and hiring diverse candidates are not mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    That depends if you're willing to believe in the guy's words, when in the video he talks about how Google have Diversity meetings that supposedly are kept secret, which he reasons might be a source of illegality, because those specific meetings aren't recorded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    I guess it is a great thing that the only people arguing for this is Google themselves then huh?
    Google, other companies in the industry, people on this message board and others in the general public.