Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is a saying : A child is the same price as a house, With the money you've spend on a child you could have bought yourself a house.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What is the purpose of life?
    to succeed genetically, from the smallest virus to the largest whale if that isnt your outcome you have failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Not having kids won't make you rich, being good with your money will.
    True, but children are also a poor investment. Pretty much a 0 ROI.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    True, but children are also a poor investment. Pretty much a 0 ROI.
    Zero is a very positive outlook. Most likely they're deep in the negatives.

they need to remove all these government assistance people with kids get, if you want to have shit ton of kids, go ahead none of my business, but you dont get to get all these tax breaks and refunds cause of it, its like the government is punishing the guy for making sound financial decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    to succeed genetically, from the smallest virus to the largest whale if that isnt your outcome you have failed.
    Someone else's definition of failure, as well as his/her belief that his/her definition is the truth, are the least of my concerns.

If everyone had kids, population would be out of control. I think it actually helps keep our population in check by having some people not reproduce.
    No? If every woman has 2 kids on average, population doesn't change. This is the ideal scenario. Half of people are women, and both them and men will die, so for every one woman and one man dying, two people are born. Not gain: 0.

Before all the craziness in recent times, this was very common in the west. I think it was 2.1 kids per woman in Denmark for the last 70 years or so until the migrants came in, which have way more kids. Now it's rising, but it isn't ethnically Danish people being born. If it continues, the Danish ethnicity will become a minority in Denmark - and if a conflict arises, which I think it will, the Danes will lose and the ethnicity will die out. Whether that's acceptable or not, I'll leave up to you, but I certanly don't like it.

The Danish population has moved from 5.3 million to 5.7 million in the last 50 years. Almost all that gain is in migrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Which is inevitable anyway at SOME point.
    That's a stupid argument. Yeah, the universe will die a heat-death at some point, so let's not wait around for it and just kill ourselves, yeh?

Oh wait, it might not. Our science might be wrong or there might be alternative dimensions. There is always hope if you seek it.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2017-08-10 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    No? If every woman has 2 kids on average, population doesn't change. This is the ideal scenario. Half of people are women, and both them and men will die, so for every one woman and one man dying, two people are born. Not gain: 0.

Before all the craziness in recent times, this was very common in the west. I think it was 2.1 kids per woman in Denmark for the last 70 years or so until the migrants came in, which have way more kids. Now it's rising, but it isn't ethnically Danish people being born. If it continues, the Danish ethnicity will become a minority in Denmark - and if a conflict arises, which I think it will, the Danes will lose and the ethnicity will die out. Whether that's acceptable or not, I'll leave up to you, but I certanly don't like it.

The Danish population has moved from 5.3 million to 5.7 million in the last 50 years. Almost all that gain is in migrants.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a stupid argument. Yeah, the universe will die a heat-death at some point, so let's not wait around for it and just kill ourselves, yeh?

Oh wait, it might not. Our science might be wrong or there might be alternative dimensions. There is always hope if you seek it.
    So subtly turning this into a race thread. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    So the children of economically irresponsible people will be the future of your country.

Sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like par for the course

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want me to rationally explain why I don't want my nation, culture, and/or even humanity itself to die out?
    I want you to rationally explain: What is it to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    I asked you what is the purpose of life. Not an individual specimen. Also I don't understand what is "genetic success"?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

No, what is stupid is how you portrayed it and put words in my mouth. Your little stunt may work with most people, but not with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would agree. However, there are social forces, primarily religious, that push hard the notion that you should have kids no matter what. Just think about the war against birth control (both pills and abortion) that goes on in the US as a whole, and in many groups in other advanced economies...and having kids is simply the rule in most developing economies where birth control is rarely considered at all.

Heck, even with the commentary here, a few pull up the purely economic notion of having kids just for worker replacement. Just a gentle reminder that the true God of the US is money.
    Care to address the worsening demographic winter and cultural malaise gaining steam in most western and a number of Asian countries as well? Truth of the matter is if a society stays beneath replacement fertility for too long, it will cease to be a distinct society as it is absorbed into more vibrant and productive cultures. Now that may not matter to you, but your critics are not wrong in stating that your self focused philosophy and behaviors are well, selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Care to address the worsening demographic winter and cultural malaise gaining steam in most western and a number of Asian countries as well? Truth of the matter is if a society stays beneath replacement fertility for too long, it will cease to be a distinct society as it is absorbed into more vibrant and productive cultures. Now that may not matter to you, but your critics are not wrong in stating that your self focused philosophy and behaviors are well, selfish.
    The other way around is selfish too, also arrogant.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I want you to rationally explain: What is it to you?

I asked you what is the purpose of life. Not an individual specimen. Also I don't understand what is "genetic success"?
    You asked me about the purpose of life to rationalise why I want my nation to succeed.

Go have your suicidal thoughts elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

The thing is, not everyone has the same amount of kids. Some have 1, some have 6. Some have 0. If all the 0's started having kids as well, out population growth would increase more than it already has in the past hundreds of years. There is also the case of war, disease, and other causes of premature death that helps keep things in check as well. These things are all a part of keeping our population under control.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    No, what is stupid is how you portrayed it and put words in my mouth. Your little stunt may work with most people, but not with this guy.
    So what else makes it inevitable, then? The destruction of the Earth? Doesn't matter what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Ethnically Danish is not a race, it's a cultural identity. Learn the difference. There is absolutely nothing in the way for a migrant population to become ethnically Danish over time by mingling with us and adopting our values and identity. However, they're chosing not to do so at the moment, which is very sad and very hard to discuss without getting on the wrong side of the PC police.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So wanting to see your cultural identity continue to thrive is racist? Quick question, is that only when White peoples do it are are you trying to suicide the rest of humanity along with the west?

10+ Year Old Account
    You asked me about the purpose of life to rationalise why I want my nation to succeed.

Go have your suicidal thoughts elsewhere.
    When you said that not having kids will lead to population decline I asked you: what is it to you?
    You fail to answer a simple question two times in a row.
    You want your nation to succeed? Succeed in what? What is it to you?
    Can you answer a simple question without using abstract ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    To each their own. It's just that I personally view people who don't want to have children as selfish.
    You mean like the people that have children specifically for paychecks (and should obviously redo their maths) or people that have children so that someone takes care of them when they are old?

The thing is, not everyone has the same amount of kids. Some have 1, some have 6. Some have 0. If all the 0's started having kids as well, out population growth would increase more than it already has in the past hundreds of years. There is also the case of war, disease, and other causes of premature death that helps keep things in check as well. These things are all a part of keeping our population under control.

Despite what the popular narrative would have you believe, as world population has increased, average the lifespan, access to fresh water, food, healthcare, and every other measure of quality of life has increased dramatically. The human race has never had it so good. Our greatest resource is people innovating, solving problems, and trading those innovations with the rest of the world.