Deleted
    At the end, it is just about the philosophy how people want other people to be. The right wing share the same views as islamist terrorists do, they want to get rid of emancipation and send woman back to the stoves or even locked to their homes.

It is nothing but a political bias which creates the idea that woman are inferior than men in IT jobs or leadership positions.

There is no IT-chromosome, and there is no leadership-chromosome. There are just stereotypes based on political bias.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-11 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Sorry, but i can't imagine a conservative saying this:

"The male gender role is currently inflexible
    Feminism has made great progress in freeing women from the female gender role, but men are still very much tied to the male gender role. If we, as a society, allow men to be more “feminine,” then the gender gap will shrink, although probably because men will leave tech and leadership for traditionally feminine roles."
    You have to understand. If you EVER take a toe off the line, you will be torn apart for breaking formation.

Deleted
    If you would start to post links which prove the idea Woman miss abilities to be able to do IT and leadership jobs. Your links just contain general garbage, without any argument covering the topic i talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnulzenbarde View Post
    Actually, there are no biological differences when it is about being able to lead a company. Actually, there are no biological differences when it is about being able to do IT jobs. Every difference is made out of culture and education, and is nothing humanity cant get rid off.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...he-google-memo
    How does this work then?

There is considerable interest in understanding women’s underrepresentation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics careers. Career choices have been shown to be driven in part by interests, and gender differences in those interests have generally been considered to result from socialization. We explored the contribution of sex hormones to career-related interests, in particular studying whether prenatal androgens affect interests through psychological orientation to Things versus People. We examined this question in individuals with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), who have atypical exposure to androgens early in development, and their unaffected siblings (total N = 125 aged 9 to 26 years). Females with CAH had more interest in Things versus People than did unaffected females, and variations among females with CAH reflected variations in their degree of androgen exposure. Results provide strong support for hormonal influences on interest in occupations characterized by working with Things versus People.
    You've bought into a pack of lies. Gender differences are real, biological, and impact interests and abilities.

If you would start to post links which prove the idea Woman miss abilities to be able to do IT and leadership jobs. Your links just contain general garbage, without any argument covering the topic i talked about.
    That isn't how science works. No wonder why you are a science denier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    in support of your opinion women and men are no different biological when its come to caring for children? even though their breasts fill with milk for nourishment and a males cannot. or women just better at some things and equal at others?
    What does your breast feeder reference actually has to do with being able to code software, and with being able to lead a big corporation?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    That isn't how science works. No wonder why you are a science denier.
    I am no "science denier". Show me where your links talk about anything in context to Woman being able to do IT jobs or woman being able to lead companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Modern slavery does not recognize colors anymore. CEOs want all genders and races
    its not even modern slavery, its how the system is built. when i set out to build my pool business i wanted to be the guy that did no work and take vacations while i had others performing all the tasks. multiple that by 7billion and put everybody in the same fish tank. k go

now wtf did you think was going to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How does this work then?

You've bought into a pack of lies. Gender differences are real, biological, and impact interests and abilities.
    Well, you missed the conclusion of the article:

Quote Originally Posted by Conclusion
    The psychological mechanism through which androgen affects interests has not been well-investigated
    .. and ..

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Gender differences in occupational interests have generally been considered to result from socialization (Eccles, 1994). For example, children’s occupational interests and career choices are linked to their parents’ expectations: Parents’ gender-typed occupational expectations for their 15-year-old children predicted children’s gender-typed occupational expectations two years later; moreover, parents’ expectations about gender-typed occupations for their children at age 17 predicted the children’s actual career choices at age 28 (Jacobs et al., 2006). Further, situational cues may affect interest in STEM careers through social identity threat (Murphy et al., 2007).

I am no "science denier". Show me where your links talk about anything in context to Woman being able to do IT jobs or woman being able to lead companies.
    You sit there and whine about "no IT/Leadership chromosome" while being utterly ignorant of how hormones affect the brain/behavior.

Here's something.

If men are and women aren't different, then how is it diversity to have more women? It's either diversity to have women but you have to admit that men and women are different. Or you have to admit men and women are the same, and that it doesn't make two licks a difference to have more men or more women distribution in any field...

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Gizmodo is dishonest piece of shit site, they are largely omitting huge parts of the memo.

Where he said things like "Treat people as individuals and not as a stereotypes or generalizations of their group."

Or

Oh well thanks again for proving how dangerous and insane this cult is, huge parts of the tech world is infected with this feminism/social justice disease.

They are now suggesting go after everyone who supported the memo aswell, calls for violence and destroying their careers.
    Does anyone really believe men and women are the same?

It is sad how these things are being twisted.

.. and ..
    This is really pretty hilarious. You have no idea how to read a paper - this is basically saying, "here's what we used to think, here's what we learned, here's what we should research in the future". You're rejecting what they learned and engaging in rank hand-waving because you're scientifically illiterate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    You sit there and whine about "no IT/Leadership chromosome" while being utterly ignorant of how hormones affect the brain/behavior.
    And you post incoherent bullshit without any real reference to the problem we talk about because you think noone would read it.

Entire claim is about women being less willing to go into IT jobs or leading companies.

For both cultural and biological factors.

And this guy was just saying "even if you remove all cultural bias, you might not get 50-50 split".
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-08-11 at 04:41 PM.

.. and ..
    You don't seem to understand what is written.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Literally contradicting yourself there
    My implication (which I didn't feel the need to state) is that people other than white men are starting from a disadvantaged position, thus diversity initiatives provide advantages to them in an attempt to level the playing field.

I personally think these efforts are by and large unsuccessful:
    1) The majority group (white men) becomes resentful that they did not get the same special treatment.
    2) The majority group (white men) comes to the (incorrect) conclusion that everyone in the minority group is a "diversity hire" and incapable of getting the job on their own merits.
    3) The minority group comes to the (correct) conclusion that they are (unfairly) looked down upon by the majority group, and pushes for - wait for it - stronger diversity incentives.
    4) Stronger diversity incentives further exacerbate 1 and 2 (and by extension, 3).

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Apart from it's Google, and they're all into this whole "We're all in this together and we want your feedback to help the company!" stuff. (Well, as long as it's the right feedback anyway, I guess) It's not his fault that somebody else leaked internal documents to the press.
    It doesn't matter that somebody leaked it to the press, aside from we wouldn't be commenting on it otherwise. He posted it publicly within the company, with his name attached, and you can bet that people internally would have called for his ouster even if it hadn't made the news.

The idea of having to post your ideas to a public forum with your name attached when trying to change controversial policy frankly seems like a terrible system, but w/e, that's on Google. Perhaps when it was publicly posted on their internal system, his name should have been removed to encourage an honest discussion of the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is really pretty hilarious. You have no idea how to read a paper - this is basically saying, "here's what we used to think, here's what we learned, here's what we should research in the future". You're rejecting what they learned and engaging in rank hand-waving because you're scientifically illiterate.
    Well, nothing new. It's rym, the guy who thinks conservatism is only about maintaining status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Here's something.

If men are and women aren't different, then how is it diversity to have more women? It's either diversity to have women but you have to admit that men and women are different. Or you have to admit men and women are the same, and that it doesn't make two licks a difference to have more men or more women distribution in any field...
    Shhh. People still haven't figured out hiring people over others based on gender and race is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Shhh. People still haven't figured out hiring people over others based on gender and race is racist.
    No, I pointed it out to a couple specifically oh 20 pages or so back. They didn't take kindly to it.