Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i'm on the you pull you tank side, when tanking and all my tanks have cancel aura for tricks/md on their main abilities.

while on my geared tanks i'll pull pretty quickly so this is rarely a problem, on my lesser geared toons i may flat out know i just can't handle the bigger pull so don't want the extra mobs, or i may be waiting a few seconds for a cooldown before pulling the extra mobs.

the worst people that do extra pulls though for me are the ones that pull the mobs get aggro and then proceed to run away through half the dungeon away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Your insistence on chain pulling doesn't take into account the tanks personal skill level, or anything else that might be going on between the game and his gaming chair.

If a dps afks for 10-15 seconds, or otherwise lags behind the group, it's a non issue. If a tank does it, there's an avalanche of bleating on the forums from entitled dps, who honestly believe that their time, and only their time, is of critical importance. Which it isn't.

Tanks pull and maintain threat, that's how the game works. If you disagree, feel free to pull ahead of tanks in raiding, mythic +'s, and whatever other content you deem it suitable in. If you believe that everything in the game should be on your personal timeframe, go play a single player title.
    So basically the tank's time is the only one that matters? Got it.

Heres some choice advice - do not tank (or join as any role) if you plan on AFKing or being slow. Subjecting people to your slacking is selfish. How you cannot see that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So basically the tank's time is the only one that matters? Got it.

Heres some choice advice - do not tank (or join as any role) if you plan on AFKing or being slow. Subjecting people to your slacking is selfish. How you cannot see that is beyond me.
    It just matters more than yours. So does the healers. You'll get over it.

Tank is right, Rogue is wrong. It's a simple one really

the more i read all that comments the less i understand why people like when tank did this. i mean yes sometime dps can be boring as hell pulling like retards, and causing wipes, but tank job is to have all the bad guys on him and that's all!
    As a healer when my groupe doing shit i like to clean the mess and try to save the situation even if this situation should never happens! and if someone die because he dont move his fat ass from fire i still feel bad and unskill iven if it's not my fault. Moreover if a mage throw an instant pyro in a pack or in a patrol in front of the tank and alls the mob in previous pack are dead why let him die? if a hunt decide to unsheep a sheeped mob to make him go in the battle and kill him faster why blame him? if a lock dot everything a take aggro of a random trash why let him die too ? he is doing is fuc...g job!!
    A good tank is a players who can save the situation and his groupe, he must adapte to the heal and dps power. slow down and take less mobs if the heal suck and speed up if dps are just insane. keeping aggro and mobs/boss in a good place to optimise dps. a good tank dont /sit and /lol a puller. why? because when a mobs is aggro other dps start hitting it too and heal start saving the fucking life of the puller. and plz dont complaining about community when you do that kinf of stuff it's sooo hypocrit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Except that's exactly what the tank is doing in this scenario. It shows a lack of consideration to the 3 other people in the dungeon, to slow things down by letting people die, in order to "prove a point"

Just be a man, kick the rogue and move on. Letting people die is extremely disrespectful to the rest of the group, who just want to do their run.
    In the pre 60 levels (which op stated it was) tanks do about as much if not more than the entire rest of the group put together. The death probably slowed them down by an almost unnoticeable amount if at all.

The rogue's fault for being too stupid to Tricks the obviously shit tank.

Tanks that go pack-by-pack when they're taking hardly any damage should just fuck off and DPS and quit being divas and maybe breathing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Solution to both: Don't slack. You have little to none in the ways of excuses for being late on pulling. Being repeatedly late is clear slacking and will get you removed from the group.
    So ill, injured and disabled people are all selfish slackers, and it is your sole right to determine what speed the group should go at. Got it.

Maybe don't call others selfish so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    but tank job is to have all the bad guys on him and that's all!
    Nope. The tanks job is to keep mobs from wiping the group by tying them to himself, controlling them, and surviving. It is not his job to keep individuals from intentionally suiciding, particularly if he would have to endanger the group or himself to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    Hard to tell. How fast was the tank going, originally? I can understand the rogue if the tank is the kind that pulls one trash mob at a time and waits until the mobs are all dead and looted and the healer has max mana to go to the next mob group. On this case, I'm leaning toward the side of the rogue.

But if the tank is chain-pulling, and the rogue STILL think it's not fast enough and goes to pull more, then I side with the tank on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So ill, injured and disabled people are all selfish slackers, and it is your sole right to determine what speed the group should go at. Got it.

Maybe don't call others selfish so much.
    Maybe they shouldn't be so selfish as to burden 80% of their party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Maybe 80% of the party shouldn't be such impatient dicks when randomly grouped with someone who might be learning a role.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nope. The tanks job is to keep mobs from wiping the group by tying them to himself, controlling them, and surviving. It is not his job to keep individuals from intentionally suiciding, particularly if he would have to endanger the group or himself to do so.
    noboddy can help a dps who comit succid and get instant OS, but keep individuals and maybe fixing some fail is the main part of tank and heal role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Maybe 80% of the party shouldn't be such impatient dicks when randomly grouped with someone who might be learning a role.
    you dont learn a role in hard content. to learn go in normal and hero, if dps take aggro he will survive, tankiung and healing are "in option"

then if it's a burden they sould tag in dps. but yeah we know that crying tanks are in fact just dps tagging tank to avoid the queue.
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2017-08-11 at 08:45 PM.

you dont learn a role in hard content. to learn go in normal and hero, if dps take aggro he will survive, tankiung and healing are "in option"
    Nobody's talking about hard content here. If it's hard, you git gud or you fail. This is about automatic matchmaking where you get people of different skill levels and experience creating conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or maybe people just don't like wasting their time with a tank who pulls 1 pack at a time in a group that is capable of just chainpulling.
    these people can easily reroll to tank

Nobody's talking about hard content here. If it's hard, you git gud or you fail. This is about automatic matchmaking where you get people of different skill levels and experience creating conflict.
    in low content who care about tank role, for my heroday i tag with a dps guildmate he pull if the tank is slow, if the tank said "you pull you tank" so be it! as a 928 healer it should not be a problem for me , healer in hero have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    these people can easily reroll to tank
    faster to kick him and get a real tank after

in low content who care about tank role, for my heroday i tag with a dps guildmate he pull if the tank is slow, if the tank said "you pull you tank" so be it! as a 928 healer it should not be a problem for me , healer in hero have nothing to do.
    Who cares? From what I gather, it is impatient dps complaining when the tank doesn't tank what they pull. Nothing in any of this thread gave me any indication that they are talking about difficult content. That doesn't mean players won't create problems, however, by expecting others to live up to their preferences, then raging when they do not.

noboddy can help a dps who comit succid and get instant OS, but keep individuals and maybe fixing some fail is the main part of tank and heal role.
    The entire concept of tanks and healers only existing to correct the idiocy and ineptitude of other players is, quite frankly, disgusting and borderline stupid. The fact that anyone would even IMPLY something like this shows everyone how utterly and completely divorced from reality some DPS players are.

you dont learn a role in hard content. to learn go in normal and hero,
    This is something I actually agree with. But keep in mind that also applies to the DPS. If they're in harder content they should know better than to screech "GO GO GO!!!!" like an idiot, or to pull stuff if they're not the tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or maybe people just don't like wasting their time with a tank who pulls 1 pack at a time in a group that is capable of just chainpulling.
    Don't join random groups if you don't want random results. :/

The go go go mentality was reinforced by Blizzard introduction to the mythic+ system. So if it was me Id blame Blizzard > Tank > Rogue..

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The entire concept of tanks and healers only existing to correct the idiocy and ineptitude of other players is, quite frankly, disgusting and borderline stupid. The fact that anyone would even IMPLY something like this shows everyone how utterly and completely divorced from reality some DPS players are.
    i desagree, i like it! and i feel usefull when i correct individuals fails. this afternoon for exemple, a hunter dont saw a patrol behind him. here we go for and extra pack with a damn hunt at 15% life!
    That was great for me to heal harder using some CD and keep everybody alive, tank doing a great job avoiding me to instanly die after healing the hunt and the mage did an amazing job too by sheeping a mob to reduce the danger. For me a groupe must be ONE. a tank who sit down and look a dps die have nothing to do in a mmorpg, even if the dps is a dick he must try to save him, if he cant, not a problem nobody can blame him. the problem for me is not who is right or who must do this or this, this is the attitude. for the learning of course that also applie on dps and healer too.

i desagree, i like it! and i feel usefull when i correct individuals fails. this afternoon for exemple, a hunter dont saw a patrol behind him. here we go for and extra pack with a damn hunt at 15% life!
    That was great for me to heal harder using some CD and keep everybody alive, tank doing a great job avoiding me to instanly die after healing the hunt and the mage did an amazing job too by sheeping a mob to reduce the danger. For me a groupe must be ONE. a tank who sit down and look a dps die have nothing to do in a mmorpg, even if the dps is a dick he must try to save him, if he cant, not a problem nobody can blame him. the problem for me is not who is right or who must do this or this, this is the attitude. for the learning of course that also applie on dps and healer too.

In many situations, especially in higher M+ and raid encounters, there is no amount of tanking or healing that will make up for poorly played DPS. Taken to its logical conclusion, groups literally can not progress if tanks and healers only reacted to badly-played DPS like you seem to be suggesting. Sure, a good tank or healer can allow for some slippage if a person doesn't play perfectly(and I think that's by design). But the idea that tanks and healers exist primarily to clean up after idiots who don't know how to play is only fueling and training DPS to be even worse than they are now.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience. But not everyone wants to babysit a bunch of incompetent players who can't avoid pulling extra stuff that they're not supposed to, or standing in the fire because they're staring at DPS meters instead of paying attention to fight mechanics. And what the Rogue in the OP did was just another form of that: Screwing up and expecting others to take the blame and compensate for it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-11 at 10:18 PM.