Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who thinks blizzard will collapse in 5 year after doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Curious how the intelligence level of a community is higher the less social justice you have in it.

Also, of course, calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a basement dweller. And then manginas get mad when we call them cucks, despite the fact that you have the very same behavior. Except, you know... we're not basement dwellers.
    Then how come you, being such a brave free speaker and all, can't stop saying stupid shit like sexism in the workplace was never a thing?

The truth with most people discussing this is they don't have an issue grasping disadvantages, advantages and balance; it's that they are whiny bitches and can't see or admit any disadvantages others might have without losing their faces. But hey, go on, your answers are amusing.

Oh 24 pages in a day or two, what a shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really want massive migration of middle eastern people to the USA, like 30-50 millions.

It would be so funny to watch SJW interacting with traditional society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh 24 pages in a day or two, what a shock.
    Insecure sissies looking to put themselves on a podest and diminishing others are have always loved these threads, why are you surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As long as it's not forced it's fine. Because people should've be getting their job for their work, not their gender.
    I don't see why this wouldn't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What if the "skill" sought is one's own perspective?

What if the perspective of say, a woman, was sought? Did that ever cross your mind?

I work in an extremely diverse workplace, and you know what? Each of us have a unique perspective both on life and our business. And those all come together and achieves something even greater than the sum of its parts. And that sum is only achieved by the differing perspectives.

Furthermore, the presence of some perspectives are demonstrably lacking in certain industries. Like the gaming industry, which no one can deny, is strongly male-dominated. A chance to hire someone with a different perspective is an opportunity to expand, and most companies see this. So when someone who falls into a group that is traditionally seen as lacking in the industry, they're by definition in short supply. High demand + short supply = competition.

It's not that hard to understand, is it?
    IF its for perspective then yeah. Its good.

To your second point. Yes it can be helpful in some professions and in others not. But if you only hire people for ( insert x) you might get a worse product overall. Its a fine line that needs to be walked.

Yes its a male dominated industry. And if you read my post you would have seen that i am for diverse ( if it was not clear i am). But i am against saying a company needs to have x of x.
    Next time read the post people write, and are responding to. That it is easier for you to understand it. And hiring people of x does not mean by default that it well get better or worse. So your high demand vs short supply sum makes no sense. Because you talk about x being a product that is always the same. x can be diverse for several reasons, and because they are individuals 1 of x might do more for better games/diversity then 10 of z. But a other group of 10 of x are only as good as 1 of z. It all depends on the person. And that is why i say. Hire people not groups. Hire skills, Not x diversity. A program like this to give group x a change is always good.

But before you go all mental on me:

Diversity is good. Giving programs for a Diversity that is not in the job place a chance is good!! But it should never ever be about a x amount of x because people demand it. And company's have their own right to do this. Google was in their right to fire that guy, and blizzard is in their right to hire more of x .

ps. It would be nice if people responding to other people on the internet acutely read the post and the whole story before reacting like some idiots to stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Insecure sissies looking to put themselves on a podest and diminishing others are have always loved these threads, why are you surprised.
    Why do you think he is here?

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Why do you think he is here?
    For the lulz, probably.

I guess they are doing right.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What if the "skill" sought is one's own perspective?

What if the perspective of say, a woman, was sought? Did that ever cross your mind?

I work in an extremely diverse workplace, and you know what? Each of us have a unique perspective both on life and our business. And those all come together and achieves something even greater than the sum of its parts. And that sum is only achieved by the differing perspectives.

Furthermore, the presence of some perspectives are demonstrably lacking in certain industries. Like the gaming industry, which no one can deny, is strongly male-dominated. A chance to hire someone with a different perspective is an opportunity to expand, and most companies see this. So when someone who falls into a group that is traditionally seen as lacking in the industry, they're by definition in short supply. High demand + short supply = competition.

It's not that hard to understand, is it?
    This makes sense if we're talking about marketing, public relations, or numerous other highly interpersonal roles.

The notion of black women coding differently than Asian men seems obviously absurd though. Likewise in science - what would it look like for one's race or gender to cause a different approach to molecular biology? The idea seems to fit into the category of "not even wrong".

7+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say there's probably a ME:A joke in here somewhere but then again, Blizzard isn't exactly known for the animation or graphic prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's a really racist thing to say. Basically just keep some at the top and others at the bottom is what you're saying.
    Wow, so not distinguishing by race is somehow racist? Shinra1, is that you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You'll have to excuse him. His grasp on reality is tenuous at best.

hire the best people, having a policy to hire A over B is simply discrimination, no way around it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's about the bigger picture. We want everyone to be successful. Not just everyone but minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    From what I've seen guys are better at IT than women that's why there are more guys in IT. Women are better at HR stuff.
    Someone has been watching a little too much Silicon Valley.

Guys in IT are typically way worse than women and it lies fundamentally in our reasons for selecting IT. Most of enter so we can buy M3's and RS4's--not because we like computer science--hence the reason why we push pretty much anti-education rhetoric all over the internet despite the industry pushing demands well beyond what it once was even four years ago.

Women, on the other hand, they're typically outliers of their own kind.

pretty much sums it up.
    https://youtu.be/ZTzOxQICJck?t=287
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-08-12 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Now, posts like this are the real test. If you're not as "outraged" about this claim as you are about the "Google Guy Memo", you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself what your stance really is.
    I think I responded to a post of yours a page or so ago showing how much I care about a particular stance--one which appears to have really pleased you. Regardless, I'm going to assume you don't work in tech nor are you particularly sound in how hiring is in tech, so I'll tell you how it is where I am and what it was like at Amazon.

Most female applicants are from top schools and have higher GPA's and have a tendency of being more critical of themselves including in the hiring process. This includes things like talents that they feel they are proficient in to negotiations (I'd argue that this is the reason for the wage gap, not discrimination--every employer will jump on the prospect of hiring amazing talent $10k under median), while us men could have picked up Scala today and we'll list proficiency on an application tonight (I do it myself as well).

"Guys in IT are typically way worse than women"?! The outrage!!! Here is the problem: the majority of tech workers are men. You could easily come to the safe conclusion that a larger population is more likely to create a larger pool of worse candidates. It's expected.

Since you bring him up, though, we can return to "Google Memo Guy's" own biologically driven claim--that men are driven by materialism (this is true). You know how people argue that 99% of their CS classrooms are composed of men? That's actually false for good schools. Top schools like Stanford, UC Berkeley (closer to 40%-50%), UCLA (my alma mater), the UW (my alma mater), etc. push 20% to 30% women and women typically perform top in their class while the average, more common school is more likely to have those single digit women demographics. I know it's common saying on the internet that school doesn't matter, but it does as these people have a tendency of working their butts off and loving their work more than everyone else and eventually ending up in top shops. I know that it's also common saying on the internet that top companies don't have the best talent, but we all know that's B.S.

I know--some of us like the story when it's convenient to us, but the tendency of men going engineering for money, not because they are genuinely in love with the discipline, isn't exactly a new revelation and probably one that you yourself supported in defense of said "Google Memo Guy". It is common belief that success and competence is very much tied in "doing what you love" which results in a lower quality amongst a larger population than the other.

So, don't project your own biases onto me. I'm not outraged by "Google Memo Guy" as you are. Many things he said, though open for discussion, aren't exactly wrong, but don't sit there and cherrypick when what he said is right or wrong.

You're way more likely to meet a bad IT man than a bad IT woman.
    Last edited by helebelemon; 2017-08-12 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Hitler specifically wanted to genocide Russians, and gotten some 20+ millions on his count to that end. White-on-White genocide does not count or what?
    Did he kill them because they were white?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.