10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Fuckin pointless and stupid. Whats the fucking point of a "counter-protest"? You think screaming at them will make people change their minds? Just leave them alone and they will go away sooner, you dont have to listen to their shit....but no gotta turn it into a fuckin clusterfuck.
    Ye sure, blame this on the anti-racists and not the nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It's still up to the police to break up a illegal protest, not Commie scumbags.
    So that is the story now for you guys? They where all commies?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking specifically of ANTIFA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Funny when you see people throw there lot in with Nazis.

Your antifa paranoia is getting out of hand mate.

Deleted
    Seems the Antifa people attacked the driver who then tried to escape. Antifa is an terrorist organization after all.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2017-08-12 at 09:59 PM.

The white nationalists there were throwing bottles and cups full of piss at journalists and people on the street and harassed and threatened people on top of the counter protesters. Normal residents would have a 7-11 cup full of piss thrown on them and screamed at they they should be in the oven.

It resulted in a few small skirmishes between Antifa/BLM members and the white supremacists but was pretty quickly dispersed. After the city revoked their assembly permit for their actions and tried to relocate them, the shit hit the fan and it turned into a shit show that drew more and more attention. Antifa, BLM, and even some of the normal protesters tried to get them to leave while the police turned tail and claimed they didn't want to get involved, which led to more escalation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He means he hopes they heal and it comes out as good as it can for them.

Yes Charlottesville townspeople were the ones counter protesting for the most part. It's has a sizeable number of left wing people, and normies would turn out too.
    Yes, sorry, I am a bit on edge as you might imagine. The father of someone I know (a local minister) was beaten and went to the hospital at last night's rally, now this. C'ville is generally a very nice, serene intellectual haven.

And people can stop mentioning antifa and BLM. Neither had anything to do with this. The vast majority of people are just locals and students. And it's not just lefties, either. My republican neighbor, for one, was one of the people out there protesting against these people coming into our town from states away. This isn't left vs right, this is the hateful lunatic fringe against the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Yes, sorry, I am a bit on edge as you might imagine. The father of someone I know (a local minister) was beaten and went to the hospital at last night's rally, now this. C'ville is generally a very nice, serene intellectual haven.

And people can stop mentioning antifa and BLM. Neither had anything to do with this. The vast majority of people are just locals and students. And it's not just lefties, either. My republican neighbor, for one, was one of the people out there protesting against these people coming into our town from states away. This isn't left vs right, this is the hateful lunatic fringe against the rest of us.
    Correct. The representation of Antifa and BLM at the event was actually really small and was mostly just a few small fights that the police broke up. Some did try to intervene when it came to the "relocation" fiasco but didn't participate any more or less than normal residents.

Obviously you know this, but for others who are more outside looking in.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

its fine for antifa and BLM to protest, riot, burn down towns ... it's in their nature. they cannot help it. These WHITE nationalists are heathens that have no rights to protest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    its fine for antifa and BLM to protest, riot, burn down towns ... it's in their nature. they cannot help it. These WHITE nationalists are heathens that have no rights to protest!!!
    You do realize why they lost the right to protest right? Protests and demonstrations of this scale have to given permits because of the disruption they cause to the entire community. A judge still signed off on a permit, even knowing what a powder keg this was. First Amendment rights and I side with the judge.

They then lost this right by throwing piss on bystanders, assaulting innocent people, harassing residents, and escalation of violence and tensions with protesters.

This wasn't exactly a peaceful protest that turned violent because of thugs. It broke laws from the very beginning and when the police stepped in to shut it down, it exploded and the police exited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    its fine for antifa and BLM to protest, riot, burn down towns ...
    So, which town did they burn down? I'd like a news link, please.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah before the violence fully exploded, it largely was a pretty peaceful band together by Cville residents who didn't want the violence and hate in their city from either party. There was a small representation by Antifa and BLM but it pretty quickly blew over. Once the city revoked their assembly permits for throwing rocks at cars, piss bottles at journalists, harassing/attacking bystanders, etc it blew up. Now you have extremists from both sides at each other's throats and the police are trying to not involve themselves while peaceful protesters got caught in the storm.
    That's not exactly right. The police are all over the place in massive force, and definitely in the thick of it. There is even private security at a lot of places, including the grocery store. I wasn't there last night, but I know people who were. From what I heard from them and seen from vids they took, it basically seemed to start from anti-protesters yelling at the protesters for wandering over to the rotunda at UVA and causing a ruckus, which then lead to some of the "protesters" hitting people with the tiki torches they brought. Then all hell broke loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose he panicked after he took a wrong turn and found himself surrounded by angry stone throwing marxists.

Still doesn't excuse running them over though.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    That's not exactly right. The police are all over the place in massive force, and definitely in the thick of it. There is even private security at a lot of places, including the grocery store. I wasn't there last night, but I know people who were. From what I heard from them and seen from vids they took, it basically seemed to start from anti-protesters yelling at the protesters for wandering over to the rotunda at UVA and causing a ruckus, which then lead to some of the "protesters" hitting people with the tiki torches they brought. Then all hell broke loose.
    I was specifically talking about today since I wasn't in the area last night or followed the "pre game" shenanigans that happened yesterday. Scanner earlier by EMS said police were pulling out and they needed to call in more neighboring help for medical reasons. It's good that police are back out in force.

Yes, clearly the real problem here was that the opposing side wasn't nice enough to the people killing them.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Seems the Antifa people attacked the driver who then tried to escape. Antifa is an terrorist organization after all.
    It wasn't antifa chasing down the driver. I didn't even see antifa people there. It was a bunch of civilians who witnessed events chasing after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I suppose he panicked after he took a wrong turn and found himself surrounded by angry stone throwing marxists.

The videos don't show that at all. Why are people constantly looking to find excuses for the driver and ways to blame the protesters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post

Bull-fucking-shit.

Guy came out of nowhere, where there weren't any pedestrians.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember all those discussions where people claimed the Alt-Right, KKK, and Neo-Nazis are nothing but peaceful protesters. Their protest was shut down because of vandalism and riot behavior. They then start fighting people. And finally some jackass plows their car through the counterprotest.

According to everything MMO-Champs Rightwingers have though me that means they are ALL terrorists and need to be jailed or deported.

Lets hope nothing else happens and those harmed recover well.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The videos don't show that at all. Why are people constantly looking to find excuses for the driver and ways to blame the protesters?
    The videos only show the end of the incident. The reports all point to something having happened before.