Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's just Skroe. He's got a touch of Cheney in him.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Who said anything about violence?

And being relentless is one of the qualities I actually like in any leader. I try to be relentless myself. Trump pretends to be, but of course, he's actually an incredibly lazy and undisciplined slob.

But I fully believe in bringing an M61 Vulcan autocannon to a knife fight. Attack. Attack. Attack. Never let up.
    Or bringing a car to a peaceful protest.

Extremism is very easy to accidentally court. Watch yourself, young Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You know, saying stupid stuff like that really discredits you. If this is the kind of speech you're free to use you're making a mockery out of yourself. But please, keep it up. It's highly amusing.
    Well if explaining free speech in America compared to Germany discredits me than I will accept it. But I am just going to guess that you picked a random thing to quote and don't know the context of it.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    No it doesnt. You are still trying to lump the crime caused by one person onto a large group as a whole. ONce again that would be like me saying that guy who shot the cops in texas was basically BLM when in fact he was just another dumbass enraged idiot.
    Which is exactly what the 'alt-right' does with muslims. To the letter. But know, that one of 'you' does it, you suddenly call for distinctions? What a joke. And I though germans were supposed to have a bad sense of humour. Turns out the only difference inbetween ISIS and the alt right is a couple of pigments in the skin. They wear funny hats, have funny beards that look like pubic hair, they use violence to further their agenda because otherwise, no sane person would ever listen to them, and most of them live in the dirt, except for their leaders, who use the stupidity of their followers to further their agenda.

That salute didn't start with the Nazi party first off. The Romans and even the United States used it well before them.

As for its protection worthiness im going to go with the other countries who only call it a crime if it's being used to promote Nazi ideology, unlike the Germany and Austria who make it a crime regardless of why it was used.
    I don't care where it came from. Same with the swastika. It's not its history that I'm worried about. It's what it represents today that is the problem. And both are actually allowed in Germany under certain circumstances, like educational purposes. The relevant criminal code doesn't just ban these symbols, btw. It bans all symbols that are used by anti-constitutional organisations to spread their ideology aimed at undermining and ultimately destroying the German constitution. The only difference really is that we whitelist accepted cases and do not see a useful purpose in using the swastika for "recreational" purposes otherwise. But this is not just about nazi symbology.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Thank you.
    Sometimes I miss your war talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know What? Fuck it. You'd probably be okay with Antifa killing people because it'd be less than the Nazis killed historically.

This is a problem. What happened today is a fucking problem. If something has to be worse than Nazis to matter, then the left is fucked.
    Well I wouldn't lie and say I would shed a tear over the death of a Nazi nope, I sure as shit wouldn't. But there is a difference between what I believe and my actions, and that as it pertains to the law.

Now I wouldn't suggest if someone went around shooting and killing someone despite my bias that is ok, but I OWN THAT, i am not pretending otherwise. Sure I am biased in other ways also, that doesn't mean what I am saying isn't correct or what some Nazi might say could be correct.

I am talking about being objective, whether you agree to your views and being called out or not.

There is a huge difference between attacking buildings and property and attacking people, especially with weapons and cars and killing them.

But lets examine why these protest are happening thought lets really discuss it.

These kids at Berkley for example are wrong, and idiots to attack others for free speech, but the speech they are protesting has ZERO to do with the controversy and everything to do with the HATE specifically being spewed where THESE PEOPLE came to have a safe space to FUCKING LEARN.

Not deal with hated and bigotry and being targeted for how they were born even more because some asshat thinks that is cute or funny. Especially when considering the long line and tradition of years of having to fight that shit, by being attacked with fire hoses and attacked dogs and DIEING for the chance to go through some doors.

Now what are the Alt-Right fucking Protesting, what that they should have the right to tell others they are inferior, that they NOW think there is NEW scientific evidence that others need to be reminded of that didn't wash in the 60's all so a few idiots can line their pockets with money?

Oh and at the same time propping up some of the most dangerous and hateful platforms and organizations ever to exist to do that and trying to make it seem as though oh WE ARE NEW AND IMPROVED NAZI'S?

The protest at Berkley didn't happen because of free speech issue, and the Alt-Right isn't about white pride or stopping some made up genocide bullshit either.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Or bringing a car to a peaceful protest.

Extremism is very easy to accidentally court. Watch yourself, young Skywalker.
    That's violence. That's out of bounds. 250 years of statements by our most enlightened and important political leaders and philosophers have made abundantly clear how unacceptable political violence is.

But being relentless in pursuance of an agenda? That's an admirable trait. Don't confalte the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't care where it came from. Same with the swastika. It's not its history that I'm worried about. It's what it represents today that is the problem. And both are actually allowed in Germany under certain circumstances, like educational purposes. The relevant criminal code doesn't just ban these symbols, btw. It bans all symbols that are used by anti-constitutional organisations to spread their ideology aimed at undermining and ultimately destroying the German constitution. The only difference really is that we whitelist accepted cases and do not see a useful purpose in using the swastika for "recreational" purposes otherwise. But this is not just about nazi symbology.
    So basically a form of MCarthyism or however you spell it.

Sometimes I miss your war talk.
    You should go check the North Korea thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I wouldn't lie and say I would shed a tear over the death of a Nazi nope.
    I have the same feelings so much so I didn't read the rest of what you wrote.

Well if explaining free speech in America compared to Germany discredits me than I will accept it. But I am just going to guess that you picked a random thing to quote and don't know the context of it.
    Guess again. You didn't explain anything, at all. What you failed to say is "There are things that are prohibited in germany, like making a Nazi salute, inciting violence etc, and there are things in the US that are prohibited aswell, so, aside from minor details, there really is no difference whatsoever."

Then again, judging the post I previously quoted from you, guessing is how you base your arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They are actually only banned when used in context of the nazi regime.

You should go check the North Korea thread.
    Ive been in that thread. I was talking about back in Firelands.

So basically a form of MCarthyism or however you spell it.
    Nope, you can hang up those flags as much as you like in your private homes. We don't invade private homes for this kind of stuff. The penalized action is "spreading" and "publically displaying" these symbols and salutes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I do condemn it, and I condemn black lives matter and antifa for assaulting police and innocent people. Universally condemning ALL parties involved with violence for ANY, reason.

There is NO justification for violence for ANY, reason.

Anyway, im not posting anymore into politics because there are bigots on all sides with ignorance to the reality of how rationality will always triumph over stupidity.
    Here is my problem. Why bring up BLM then? It has absolutely nothing to do with today. The moment you bring up BLM or anyone else for that matter then it just becomes a way of saying that others are doing it too.

The blame game. I saw it throughout the election. Deflection. Surrogates go on TV and instead of talking about the matter they deflect. They bring up something else about the other person. But what about A, B or C.

If people start condemning others within their own ranks without any if's or buts then they will start to look at things rationally and hopefully they will start to look at everything with an open mind. Get a bit out of the echo chambers and try and understand the other sides viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Nice incitement to violence. You and Trump would go good together, being able to "do whatever it takes"!
    And I am with him 100%, because this bullshit here, doesn't send a message that the Alt-Right ever had anything to say. Because like the skinny kids throwing piss or destroying windows, at some point the question really better be what have you got to lose.

This isn't a fucking game, if you think so you better actually read some history, start with Northern Ireland and the Civil conflicts there, it isn't about skin color it's about escalating situations through violence.

PEACE if a fucking gift, so is the opportunity to be peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Guess again. You didn't explain anything, at all. What you failed to say is "There are things that are prohibited in germany, like making a Nazi salute, inciting violence etc, and there are things in the US that are prohibited aswell, so, aside from minor details, there really is no difference whatsoever."

Then again, judging the post I previously quoted from you, guessing is how you base your arguments.
    Yeah, I kinda did. You can do a nazi salute here and not be arrested. You do it in Germany and you will get arrested like those Chinese tourist.

Hence in one country its Illegal in all forms and the other its Illegal if used as a hate crime and even then its highly unlikely. There is a difference so simmer down.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They are actually only banned when used in context of the nazi regime.
    The only debate I know of is the crossed out swastika. But people get acquitted of charges if they take such a stance against nazism. Albeit it had to go to the Bundesgerichtshof for that. This has been accepted as a message that "using symbology that clearly does not endorse Nazism" can be unpenalized.

Other than a crossed out swastika, though, what other context is there in which you'd use such a symbol in Germany?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same feelings so much so I didn't read the rest of what you wrote.
    Yeah, but behavior matters, intent matters, where things come from and how they get there matter also.