Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    The Last Starfighter.
    I loved that movie

Seriously iam surprises that hasnt been remade!

A video game geek who goes off to become a star fighter whats not to love and cynically remake!

Also remake Enemy Mine there is one for you 80s geeks like me!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-08-13 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Glitter or Saving Christmas.
    Yeah...no no. Gigli.

Eragon. This serie deserves a proper treatment, not being left in the darkness by incompetent directors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Not a movie but id LOVE to see a Babylon 5 remake/reboot

I don't exactly want a remake, but a re-release of The Last Starfighter with updated CG for the space battles would be pretty sweet. The graphics were okay back in the day, but now? Holy shit, amateur cartoons on Youtube look better than that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    ZULU

Why hasnt that film been remade? LOL
    I sort of agree but I think it should just be left alone. Too epic. And besides, it would most likely bomb at the box office as more than likely not many people care about that time and place in history anymore.

Wall Street

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Most films with a white cisgender male lead, re-imagined with leads that are not white and cisgender and male.

Why only most of them? If you're going full-crazy may as well remake all of them, no..?

Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi

Remake that film, and for the love of God, make it follow the original script that was called Revenge of the Jedi.

Couple of ideas in that script that never made it to the final cut:
    - wookies instead of ewoks
    - killing off Han Solo in his heroic sacrifice to stop the Empire
    - Luke and Leia were not siblings

And while we're at it, throw in the Warcraft film as well. That thing was a mess.

I'm pretty torn. Either the movie was good, then it doesn't need a remake, or it wasn't, then there's no need for one.

I'm going to get flamed, but A Clockwork Orange.

Sure, the movie was fine for its time, but I think the message could be updated for the current generations.

Star Wars 1->3+7: First three at least tried to do something originalish but totally forgot who the movie was made for originally. 7 is just pathetic, not even a vague attempt at anything original.

Warcraft: With the actual lore this time

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit: Not all of it, but the parts they decided to retcon like Faramir being weak minded, all the female elf crap in the hobbit amongst other things.

Must be really hard to not input your own ego into other peoples source material.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lawnmower Man with todays cgi would be mind blowing
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Starwars - The Phantom Menace. (Same move, but without Jar Jar Binks)
    You mean with MORE Darth Jar Jar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Been saying for a couple of years now that with the current political climate we desperately need a remake of Demolition Man. Have Karl Urban do it ala Dredd, and it would be amazeballs.

But then I just really want Karl Urban to remake most of Stallones golden oldies.
    Who plays Simon Phoenix? Michael B Jordan? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Wing Commander... definitely needs a better movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    Who plays Simon Phoenix? Michael B Jordan? :P
    Maybe Mike Colter, but I don't know if he can pull off the level of 'crazy' without going full retard with it. Would probably end up with some new up and comer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I can only think of terrible B movies that if they had a more competent crew making them they would be a lot better.
    Honestly, I think there are probably a lot of movies that weren't made well, but had a pretty good premise. I agree those are the movies I think should be revisited rather than looking to remake previously successful films.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Maybe Mike Colter, but I don't know if he can pull off the level of 'crazy' without going full retard with it. Would probably end up with some new up and comer.
    I see him in that role like he should be in a TNMT movie. I think his size would make it seem way too cheesy. Maybe Colter's counter, Mahershala? His face is similar to Wesley and can probably pull off a controlled crazy without it coming off as retarded. Or chiwetel ejiofor?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    The Last Starfighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    I loved that movie

Seriously iam surprises that hasnt been remade!

A video game geek who goes off to become a star fighter whats not to love and cynically remake!

Also remake Enemy Mine there is one for you 80s geeks like me!
    If Ready Player One is successful, you can sort of expect this. Cline's second book is the same idea/premise as Last Starfighter (likely influenced by it directly) and is optioned for a movie already. I haven't read that one, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that they are any sort of example of top level fantasy but I really enjoyed the Eragon series and the movie they made was.... horrible to say the least. I would love a reboot and maybe trilogy that's closer to the source material.