Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Taralesh View Post
    Apparently saying this now makes you literally Hitler:
    Nobody is buying that when you join a march led by nazis.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You should ask trump. He was the one who refused to call them out by name. I can't answer for him, and apparently, neither can his communications staff.

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with freedom of speech and capitalism?
    In abstract, nothing.

But I'm not going to pretend that this type of stuff hasn't contributed to what we're seeing now, communists and fascists literally fighting in the streets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    That isn't what happened here, to my understanding. If this guy was shouting racist, awful remarks on his own Twitter account then fire his ass. Wasn't this some Twitter vigilante 'outing' his identity as a rally goer? If he simply attended a rally then firing seems really harsh. You don't know what his actual views are, you don't know anything about him.
    He was carrying a nazi flag, he got what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    In abstract, nothing.

But I'm not going to pretend that this type of stuff hasn't contributed to what we're seeing now, communists and fascists literally fighting in the streets
    Then hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

10+ Year Old Account
    And who's saying that Europeans need to take their culture out?

They've still got cute little dutch windmills in Solvang. You can still go to little Italy in New York. None of that is going anywhere.

You're pretending some contention with "european heritage" is on the line here; it isn't.

...Unless you claim the Nazis and confederacy are some part of European heritage to be championed.

And I don't think you'll find many Europeans wanting to be linked to the Confederacy, frankly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Tell that to the city of Baltimore.
    The city where Freddie Grey was shot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    White people are not a marginalized facet of society. Any concept of "white pride" was indelibly tainted by white supremacists a long time ago. Blame them if you want, but don't try and pretend the brand isn't already diluted.
    Thanks for showing your double standards and white hatred (or self-hate, depending on your race). Good thing you have a convenient excuse so you can keep telling yourself that you're tolerant and progressive while you want to forbid whites doing something that blacks and gays are allowed to do.

Who literally called him Hitler?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then hit them where it hurts, their wallets.
    It wasn't even directed at any company.

And even if it were, isn't critiquing a company or showing displeasure on a public forum a part of consumerism?

What's wrong with consumerism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the real life harassment part.
    Are they having their homes and storefronts (I almost wrote stormfronts, lol) painted in big white letters saying "A nazi house/store?"

No? Well, seems they aren't even getting a taste of their own medicine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the nuance between equality and supremacy is escaping our latest Nazi apologist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So me, a supposed far-right winger am here fighting for worker's rights? I understand that that's USA over there where you have fuck all when it comes to worker's right, but you regressives can really spin circles until you have no clue what you're saying anymore. See, this is why I as a liberal leftist refuse to be associated with shit like SWJ, BLM or Antifa.
    >Liberal
    >Leftist

The hilarity, you keep going on about being a liberal, yet you don't even know what the liberal ideology is like.
    Hint, its not left wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they having their homes and storefronts (I almost wrote stormfronts, lol) painted in big white letters saying "A nazi house/store?"

No? Well, seems they aren't even getting a taste of their own medicine.
    Such a shame we got laws against it, but I suppose its a necessary evil for a proper justice system.

Still, one can dream, right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you trying to do the exact same thing by whining about it?

- - - Updated - - -

So, they spewed hate, and some of them are getting fired for spewing that hatred. Freedom of speech seems to be working just fine.
    And if someone figures out the hate you put up online? Would you feel happy if that bit you in the ass as well?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

So me, a supposed far-right winger am here fighting for worker's rights? I understand that that's USA over there where you have fuck all when it comes to worker's right, but you regressives can really spin circles until you have no clue what you're saying anymore. See, this is why I as a liberal leftist refuse to be associated with shit like SWJ, BLM or Antifa.
    You aren't calling for worker's rights, you are whining that a white nationalist got fired for being a white nationalist.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Whilst they might deserve it, firing someone for speaking their opinion seems a little slippery slope.

In addition - do we really want the ignorant pushed further into dark places ?

Sure - ignorance shouldn't be rewarded, but it also shouldn't be pushed away from the light either.
    People can have an opinion but that doesn't mean that they are right or exempt from consequences of that opinion. To use a different example, you can have the personal belief and opinion that medicine doesn't work but then you have to deal with the consequence of being sick and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    And if someone figures out the hate you put up online? Would you feel happy if that bit you in the ass as well?
    That'd be his own fault, what is wrong with facing the consequences of your speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like it would be a good, fair, non-double standard move if the opposite side faced the same consequences. We could start encouraging people away from political extremism.
    Like, for instance, a football player? Where domestic abuse, rape, animal abuse are all okay, but protesting the treatment of minorities by the police is forbidden?

He got fired for participating in a rally in which one of his ilk ran a bunch of people over with a truck. Again, I fail to see the issue here.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Who literally called him Hitler?
    He was called nazi/neonazi/etc. Same thing.

And who's saying that Europeans need to take their culture out?
    They've still got cute little dutch windmills in Solvang. You can still go to little Italy in New York. None of that is going anywhere.
    You're pretending some contention with "european heritage" is on the line here; it isn't.
    ...Unless you claim the Nazis and confederacy are some part of European heritage to be championed.
    American culture originates from Europe. I don't speak for him, but he probably meant preserving traditional values. Again, this person who was fired did not say anything that would make him a neonazi.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I have no problem if someone knows what I say online. If people want to tell the world that I make fun of authoritarians, racists, and ignorant assholes on the internet, I'm fine with that. I don't say anything that I don't expect everyone to hear.