Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seems very stupid to me, don't agree with twitter get your job taken away. I don't like his way of thinking, but he shouldn't get fired for a for it, starts a very dangerous trend if going to a rally causes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I just saw on Twitter they supposedly got two more of these scumbags fired.

The internet is marvelous some times.

Yep. People find out the hard way, all the time, that freedom of speech doesn't protect you from the consequences of expressing that freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except, we have people preaching against discrimination yet permits it now.
    There are many categories of discrimination, some are artificial, some are about things you can't influence and some are about things you can influence.

One of the most basic things in your job is: Don't make your company look bad. The employer is free to determine the potential damage and act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Defect View Post
    I will be okay with it as soon wannabe communist genociding lovers get fired as well
    Aw. Poor little right winger's feelings are hurt because it's not equal Whatever shall we do!

I'm not going through go through 61 pages....so, I just want to say this:

Good, fire all these fuckers!

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    We don't live in 1917, this is 2017 where information is freely available. Obviously there's a lot of false information but this means that as we can see in Generation Z, they are waking up to the spun reality that used to be controlled by news media and government and starting to think their own way.

It can be, you use your platform of millions to denounce and de-legitimise a whole race of people. I would call that oppression

I don't really care what you think about affirmative action, but at least you acknowledge it exists
    So, it's far more likely that the neo-Nazis were displaying support for Nazis, and that's why they were called as such... as opposed to being called such things for no reason, then turning to the exact same thing for comfort and solace. yeah, no.

Of course it exists, and we should get rid of affirmative action, including the Electoral College.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Seems very stupid to me, don't agree with twitter get your job taken away. I don't like his way of thinking, but he shouldn't get fired for a for it, starts a very dangerous trend if going to a rally causes this.
    That's not what it is. These guys expressed their freedom of speech, despite how ugly the speech was. Their employers found out and let them go. People get fired for the dumb shit they do that ends up on social media often enough.

As I mentioned in my last quote, freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of expressing said freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Defect View Post
    can they start firing anyone who has pride in their "race"? like black people and latinos too?
    I don't care why an employer fires an employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    That is exactly what needs changing.
    Free speech must be protected both from employers and from the government.
    Carte blanche though or with restrictions? Say I got a job somewhere and then felt my manager slighted me and decided to go around shit-talking my employer and our products/services to anyone who would listen. Should the employer have no recourse under my protection of freedom of speech? Would writing something into the hiring contract regarding this behavior being a fireable offense be fought against as a restriction of my freedom of speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco
    Basically, this story is a man who believes in something, goes to a rally about it - according to link - behaves and gets fired for it.
    At the end of the day regardless of how I or anyone feels about it this boils down to if he had at-will employment. If so the employer can release someone at any time for any reason. And everyone has been seeming to look at this from a moral vantage point, it doesn't even have to be that. If the employer was in any way concerned about backlash (protesters at their business, negative press, etc) then you can see from a pure business standpoint where regardless of the employer's feelings on the matter its a simple bottom line issue to let the person go.

Except, we have people preaching against discrimination yet permits it now.
    Discrimination against race, gender, sexual preference, etc. Discrimination occurs all the time. It's not universally bad or even equally bad. Stop pretending it is.

So, instead of a serious answer, deeming to shit posting.
    Just returning the favor after you defending Nazis for page upon page now. They are big boys, armed with guns and riot gear and cars with which to plow through lefties. They don't need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Your employer only owes you what you two agreed on in your contract. After that, he owes you nothing, and you owe him nothing.
    Stop thinking that employers owe you anything, that's where your first mistake is. Your second was trying to play the victim card, when you are not a victim.
    What we are witnessing is freedom of speech in action. The government is staying out of it.
    What "true version" of freedom of speech are you talking about? Really, I have to know.
    Owing something? What?
    Where did you read that?

Victim card? What?
    Where did you see that?

What i have wrote are my experiences of what happens when freedom of speech and employer restrictions do not work.
    Government is literally irrelevant since the corporations and tycoons dictate what the corrupt politicians/judges will say and do.

That happens less in developed countries, but is a daily fact of life in other poorer parts of the world.
    We have rich/powerful people physically assaulting other people on camera, video recordings all over the internet - but no courts have ever pressed charges against those repeated public assaults for well over two decades.

Government might be a relevant factor in USA/sweden/germany, but is of zero consequence is less developed countries where corruption from rich tycoons is the law.

In such an environment you will quickly learn what it means when you give your boss unlimited power over his employees, especially when open jobs are non-existent and "disposable income you can save" is a pipe dream.

Deleted
    I hope they do the fuckin same to communists

- - - Updated - - -

Owing something? What?
    Where did you read that?

Victim card? What?
    Where did you see that?

What i have wrote are my experiences of what happens when freedom of speech and employer restrictions do not work.
    Government is literally irrelevant since the corporations and tycoons dictate what the corrupt politicians/judges will say and do.

That happens less in developed countries, but is a daily fact of life in other poorer parts of the world.
    We have rich/powerful people physically assaulting other people on camera, video recordings all over the internet - but no courts have ever pressed charges against those repeated public assaults for well over two decades.

Government might be a relevant factor in USA/sweden/germany, but is of zero consequence is less developed countries where corruption from rich tycoons is the law.

In such an environment you will quickly learn what it means when you give your boss unlimited power over his employees, especially when open jobs are non-existent and "disposable income you can save" is a pipe dream.
    Dont loose time with that guy he never worked in life

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Aw. Poor little right winger's feelings are hurt because it's not equal Whatever shall we do!
    >right winger

by your american standards I am a liberal, please proceed to shitpost elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    Yeah pretty much

It's funny because if any liberally-protected group on here had been fired (gays, trannies, etc.) this thread would be playing out completely differently. But hey, it's "just" people who attended a rally with white supremacists, so fuck them and their families!
    Two different pair of shoes. You can't influence your sexuality, you can decide if you go to white supremacist rallies and chant shit. I'm fine with firing gays who screw each other in the middle of a pride march in front of a camera team and I'm fine with white supremacists getting fired if they chant Nazi slogans und insult minorities. I'm not fine with gays or white supremacists getting fired just for showing up to those events.

Don't compare apples and oranges for some laughable victimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Just returning the favor after you defending Nazis for page upon page now. They are big boys, armed with guns and riot gear and cars with which to plow through lefties. They don't need your help.
    should've never hit the breaks, bitch move out of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Carte blanche though or with restrictions? Say I got a job somewhere and then felt my manager slighted me and decided to go around shit-talking my employer and our products/services to anyone who would listen. Should the employer have no recourse under my protection of freedom of speech? Would writing something into the hiring contract regarding this behavior being a fireable offense be fought against as a restriction of my freedom of speech?

At the end of the day regardless of how I or anyone feels about it this boils down to if he had at-will employment. If so the employer can release someone at any time for any reason. And everyone has been seeming to look at this from a moral vantage point, it doesn't even have to be that. If the employer was in any way concerned about backlash (protesters at their business, negative press, etc) then you can see from a pure business standpoint where regardless of the employer's feelings on the matter its a simple bottom line issue to let the person go.
    You raise good questions that should be determined by experts who are properly educated and experienced for law making.

For starters people should try and see the wisdom in not making your employer a god in terms of legal power.

That might be less of a problem if other jobs are plentiful, but in an environment where you either work there or starve for the next 6 months the need for employer power restriction becomes clear very soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    ITT: American Conservatives not realizing they don't agree with "at will" firing practices or a lack of employee protections.
    American liberals applauding it too.
    Not to drill on the "both sides" rhetoric. But it's becoming more and more apparent that political pet issues in the US are just unprincipled fodder to be supported or abandoned at whim.

Owing something? What?
    Where did you read that?

Victim card? What?
    Where did you see that?

You are whining that an employer can fire an employee. Stop, it's embarrassing.

Freedom of speech IS working. That's the whole point.

Once again, the boss does not have unlimited power. If that's the case, then you should address that, and not freedom of speech. Your problem is with corporatism, not freedom. Stop blaming freedom.

What do you think freedom of speech should mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, it's far more likely that the neo-Nazis were displaying support for Nazis, and that's why they were called as such... as opposed to being called such things for no reason, then turning to the exact same thing for comfort and solace. yeah, no.

Of course it exists, and we should get rid of affirmative action, including the Electoral College.
    What about the previous Trump and free speech rallies where people would turn up and call them Nazis?