Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Again why should Trump condemn these terrorist acts specifically? Im not trying to defend it, it was disgusting but it should be treated the same way as all other terrorist actions.
    Because every other president in history have condemned these terrorists. And these Alt-Right, KKK, and White Supremacists were marching in his name. Both David Duke and Richard Spencer said this. This is why he needed to condemn them. He has a history of not condemning things he likes. You know like Putin and now these KKK/white supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Fairly sure germany has WWI memorials. They were the defeated party and did some rather bad shit in that war. I would say what they did is at-least on par with the confederacy during the war but of course no where near the nazis. That said it should be up to the communitys if the statues stay or not. Taking matters into your own hands only escalates a already tense situation. I would not be shocked if now we will hear about a statue of martian luther king or a civil rights leader being destroyed in the coming weeks by neo nazis.
    The WW1 memorials that Germany have usually are meant as reminders to the victims of the war and the soldiers that lost their lives. Not to the Empire that started the shit. Certainly not to glorify it. Same for WW2. Anti war memorials all around, none of them glorifying the nazi regime.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your profile pic is getting increasingly more retarded.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Well if you call pro free speech people (organized by black people, jewish people etc.) neo nazis, I have bad news for you.
    Again why should Trump condemn these terrorist acts specifically? Im not trying to defend it, it was disgusting but it should be treated the same way as all other terrorist actions.
    Sorry, who are you saying is disgusting? "Pro free speech people"? Or "black people, jewish people, etc"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because every other president in history have condemned these terrorists. And these Alt-Right, KKK, and White Supremacists were marching in his name. Both David Duke and Richard Spencer said this. This is why he needed to condemn them. He has a history of not condemning things he likes. You know like Putin and now these KKK/white supremacists.
    But there were no "white supremacists" or whatever BS you wanna make up. This was a free speech rally and some lone wolf... who might very well have been an actual nazi or whatever dediced to hit people with hes car. How is this even related? Oh and he doesn't like Putin at all... he actually was for giving Russia harsher sanctions, EU was against them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when it has been extremist Muslims he could barely contain his excitement to not only specifically call them out but also use it to take a jab at London's mayor?

He did the same preemptively with the Canadian mosque shooting except it was a white dude who shot a Muslim after which he shut up and you didn't hear a single peep out of him.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nothing is being hidden. The past is still there. There is no need to glorify it though. See no Hitler statues in Germany,

I can see both sides of the argument, but I really don't see how a confederate symbol can make someone feel oppressed living in the current timeline. In fact, history in any form is something that we should strive to keep in tact mainly because it's a representation of what human history has taught us. (Weather it be bad, and or good.)
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-08-15 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... it's a Confederate statue. I don't mind.

Well for one he was bitching, whinging, screaming like a child because Obama didn't condemn every little incident and wasn't using radical islamic terrorism (Both accusations are false btw). So he's showing himself to be a hypocrite that only called out the Neo Nazis over 48 hours after the incident happened and only did so because he was forced into a corner to the point everyone knows he didn't mean it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But there were no "white supremacists" or whatever BS you wanna make up. This was a free speech rally and some lone wolf... who might very well have been an actual nazi or whatever dediced to hit people with hes car. How is this even related? Oh and he doesn't like Putin at all... he actually was for giving Russia harsher sanctions, EU was against them though.
    I'm sorry but are you legally blind? Maybe I'm not understanding you properly and I apologize if that's the case, but are you seriously claiming that a good chunk of that rally weren't white supremacists?

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sorry, who are you saying is disgusting? "Pro free speech people"? Or "black people, jewish people, etc"?
    Seriously? In this cause you, cause why would you even ask that when this was a clear case... a normal person would naturally think the disgusting party was the one who decided to run over other people ... but whatever, no comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'm sorry but are you legally blind? Maybe I'm not understanding you properly and I apologize if that's the case, but are you seriously claiming that a good chunk of that rally weren't white supremacists?
    Yep, all those black white supremacists who attended.. must have been something.

Hopefully they get arrested for destroying it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I don't understand the logic of destroying monuments. You can't erase the past, only hide it. Only people who hide things are either: ashamed or embarrassed.

Also, shameful to destroy a monument. It's dedicated to lives lost or accomplishments, not their ideology
    That is why Germany is still covered in all that Hitler and Nazi monuments right? Why exactly do you think a monument should be saved forever? It is only made special by the people that support, enjoy or respect it. So if those types of beliefs aren't supported any long why keep the relics celebrating it around? If your life is lost defending horrible things it shouldn't be remembered well. You aren't erasing the past when you remove reminders of it, you are moving forward and no longer celebrating past mistakes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So, did this weekend just not happen in your little world? You do know that it was a "Unite the Right" rally to unite the Alt-Right, KKK, and white supremacists into one umbrella. This wasn't a lone wolf. There were thousands of white supremacists that were there that probably would have done the same thing.

He wasn't for giving Putin harsher sanctions, otherwise he wouldn't have waited a fucking week to sign the sanctions bill.

Vandalism. The city should find who they can and charge them appropriately. Pretty simple.

Seriously? In this cause you, cause why would you even ask that when this was a clear case... a normal person would naturally think the disgusting party was the one who decided to run over other people ... but whatever, no comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, all those black white supremacists who attended.. must have been something.
    Show me a single fucking black person that was part of the Neo-Nazis, KKK and alt-right at the Charlottesville protest. I guarantee you, you won't find one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Vandalism. The city should find who they can and charge them appropriately. Pretty simple.
    And a handshake for saving the city money and time from taking it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    I mean... it's a Confederate statue. I don't mind.
    This is exactly no different to statues of communist leaders that got pulled down after eastern Europe broke free of USSR. Statues of people unworthy and exploited,tortured or killed others. Pulled down with the contempt that said person deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I mean I have seen people being blinded by bias but to the degree they start warping reality is amazing.

Just because you found a few token black people in the rally doesn't mean they negate the vast overwhelming amount of self-admitted neo-Nazis and "white nationalists".

Deleted
    Wow, I mean I have seen people being blinded by bias but to the degree they start warping reality is amazing.

Just because you found a few token black people in the rally doesn't mean they negate the vast overwhelming amount of self-admitted neo-Nazis and "white nationalists".
    Few token blacks?! Hahaha, some of the organizers were black!

And it was a free speech rally... this is pathetic.

She thinks Infowars is credible, so if that doesn't tell you how far she has her head shoved up Trump's ass, nothing will.

- - - Updated - - -

Few token blacks?! Hahaha, some of the organizers were black!

And it was a free speech rally... this is pathetic.
    No, no it wasn't. It was literally called 'unite the right'. Meaning they wanted to bring the alt right, KKK and Neo-Nazis together. That was their slogan.