Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Here's another problem if you're going to throw around "well Egyptians used slaves too!" you have to firstly figure out what type of slavery they used... not all forms of slavery are equal and chattel slavery is considered the worst.
    Slavery is slavery, which is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Leftist tried to blow up a bank in Oklahoma like yesterday. Point is their are bad apples on both sides of the spectrum a radical is a radical.
    That person was not a leftist what the hell are you smoking?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Honestly these same people who want to destroy monuments because it offends them make me wonder when they turn to the founding fathers or anybody before the civil war.

They had slaves too. Shall we erase everything that offends our feelings?

Who are we to judge the past from the lens of the present? Different day and era. Was it right? No. But should we eliminate all traces of it to make ourselves feel better? Nope.

You still haven't answered my question, nazi apologist.

- - - Updated - - -

Leftist tried to blow up a bank in Oklahoma like yesterday. Point is their are bad apples on both sides of the spectrum a radical is a radical.

Nope. He wasn't a leftist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    No, they glorify the Confederation. Nothing else.

While I may not agree letting a mob do the tearing, they should be torn down. They are an insult not a reminder.
    They certainly don't, especially not in the context of a historical monument with a placard that describes the events, or person, and what they did, and how it negatively changed the time and places in which they lived.

These aren't caricaturization of Confederate leaders with "THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!" type slogans plastered all over them. Stop trying to rewrite history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They certainly don't, especially not in the context of a historical monument with a placard that describes the events, or person, and what they did, and how it negatively changed the time and places in which they lived.

These aren't caricaturization of Confederate leaders with "THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!" type slogans plastered all over them. Stop trying to rewrite history.

You need to actually research why those statues were erected.

They should be charged with destroying property.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Slavery is slavery, which is wrong.
    all violent crime is wrong... murder is the worst from those violent crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the guy that wanted to imitate the Oklahoma City bomber, and that posted right wing drivel like "Having our freedumbs taken away" prior to going out?

Not leftwing homedawg.

I should add all those attacks on abortion clinics to my list too. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Better go tear down statues of the forefathers for oppressing the native Americans. Or are we 50 years too early for that?
    lol what? no we just have to tear down Native monuments! They lost right, so why do we need to have reminders of them around?

These people are as bad as ISIS.

It should have been destroyed decades ago.

Funny thing is on Faux News this story is their main headline story. Followed up with a story belittling the CEOs for leaving Trump's council.

They can't seem to find anything positive to report on Trump today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    all violent crime is wrong... murder is the worst from those violent crimes.
    Why are you defending slavery now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    It should have been destroyed decades ago.
    Why? Because it offends you?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You need to actually research why those statues were erected.
    George Washington owned slaves, should we remove him from the dollar bill?

Should we tear up the Constitution because some of it's authors owned slaves?

Just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean we should destroy it and pretend it doesn't exist. A town near where I live recently removed a bust of U.S. Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, who delivered the majority opinion on the Dred Scott case. It's been outside the court house since 1932. He was born in Maryland, so it makes sense to have a statue of a historical judicial figure outside of a Maryland court house.

Except, a bunch of people were offended that a statue of him existed because of his actions and bigotry. Rather than using the statue as a historical reminder of what happened, and as a learning/teaching tool, they just tore it down and replaced it with a tree.

Ironically, by removing these statues and monuments, you're encouraging more racism and hate, because people are going to start forgetting or remembering things differently because the historical record is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

BLM, Antifa and any other group pushing and shoving better get ready for the ride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    George Washington owned slaves, should we remove him from the dollar bill?

Should we tear up the Constitution because some of it's authors owned slaves?

Just because something makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean we should destroy it and pretend it doesn't exist. A town near where I live recently removed a bust of U.S. Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, who delivered the majority opinion on the Dred Scott case. It's been outside the court house since 1932. He was born in Maryland, so it makes sense to have a statue of a historical judicial figure outside of a Maryland court house.

Except, a bunch of people were offended that a statue of him existed because of his actions and bigotry. Rather than using the statue as a historical reminder of what happened, and as a learning/teaching tool, we just torn it down and replaced it with a tree.

Ironically, by removing these statues and monuments, you're encouraging more racism and hate, because people are going to start forgetting or remembering things differently because the historical record is gone.

As I've said before, did George Washington take up arms against his people to retain slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post

I don't think they had a permit for that. Seems like the left is in total control of the streets now. At this rate, the center will not hold...
    We shouldn't condone such actions and those responsible punished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    We shouldn't condone such actions and those responsible punished.
    Good luck with that line of thought.

People in this thread want more to be torn down because inanimate objects hurt their feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good luck with that line of thought.

People in this thread want more to be torn down because inanimate objects hurt their feelings.
    People in this thread have their feelings hurt because inanimate objects were torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Their intention was to unite the right. It turned out to be a Nazi rally. KNOWING how it turned out you come in here claiming it is validated. So i'm quite comfortable calling you a nazi-apologizer, but if you prefer nazi-sympathizer, i can settle for that too.
    As you seem to be misinformed, I shall relay to you the purpose of the rally: To protest the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue. Those in attendance believed that left-leaning folks wanted to destroy statues and erase history. The destruction of the statue in Durham proves this line of thought correct.

But if you would rather, you may continue with hollow insults in lieu of reasonable discussion.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    They should be charged with destroying property.
    And their sentences commuted and a handshake to thank them for taking it down for them.