Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    However, once again, that wasn't what you posted and what I commented on. If you mean that, then you should write that, instead of what you did.
    My post was always about enslaving/forcing demons in Outland, Broken Shore, Argus, etc. to serve our will, so your disagreement with it was more so you picking your own interpretation about what I was implying, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    My post was always about enslaving/forcing demons in Outland, Broken Shore, Argus, etc. to serve our will, so your disagreement with it was more so you picking your own interpretation about what I was implying, I guess.
    I quoted your entire first post. Nothing in that post said anything about that, so there really was no way to interpret it wrong. You clearly stated that you think we should be able to permanently control demons, but did not specify which demons, or from where, you thought we should be able to permanently control. My reply was that we already do permanently control demons. That is what you wrote and that is what I replied to. Only later did you add that you thought of demons other than the ones we already permanently control, and from other places.

I do not disagree with your intent clarified in later posts, but you really did not mention that in the first post, which is what got this exchange going. I think it would be nice if the spell Enslave Demon actually enslaved a demon and worked just like Tame Beast. And so far, nobody replying in this thread has disagreed with what you meant. Only with what you wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I quoted your entire first post. Nothing in that post said anything about that, so there really was no way to interpret it wrong. You clearly stated that you think we should be able to permanently control demons, but did not specify which demons, or from where, you thought we should be able to permanently control. My reply was that we already do permanently control demons. That is what you wrote and that is what I replied to. Only later did you add that you thought of demons other than the ones we already permanently control, and from other places.

I do not disagree with your intent clarified in later posts, but you really did not mention that in the first post, which is what got this exchange going. I think it would be nice if the spell Enslave Demon actually enslaved a demon and worked just like Tame Beast. And so far, nobody replying in this thread has disagreed with what you meant. Only with what you wrote...
    I didn't really exactly think I had to spell out to the letter what I mean with
    In my opinion, at least demo warlocks should be able to permanently enslave demons, like hunters can tame pets.
    It's kinda self-explanatory, especially when you've ever seen or played a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if there is Warcraft specific established lore?

But there is lore out there for the fantasy world(s) that suggest why it isn't possible to control any demon you wish (permanently). It has to do with the name of the demon. The ones you control and can summon at will have a specific and unchanging name. You (as the warlock) know the name and can then control it, summon it to you, and have it do your bidding.

While a wild demon, while you have a certain level of mastery and control over demonic forces and fel energy, you do not know its name, you know what it is. But the connection is fragile, broken by your death, or it's death when it is sent back to its plane of existence.

This is also why you cannot customize demon names. Your demons are NOT your friends, NOT your partners, there is NOT some special bond between you. Your demons would turn on you and kill you in a heartbeat if they could break free of your hold/dominion over them.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-08-15 at 05:35 PM.

That's not my point. A warlock of legend such as the one you play should easily be able to twist a demon from, say, Outland or Broken Shore and force it to serve their whim. Hell, during the green fire quest, part of the encounter was that you had to enslave a Pit Lord.

- - - Updated - - -

I said "At least", though, not that only demo locks should be able to do it. And I only said it because demo is - yeah, demonology, and the other specs would be able to summon the minions warlocks currently can summon.
    Ye I didn't notice that. I still stand by the opinion that all warlock speccs should be able to enslave demons, but demo should be able to tame even stronger ones.