Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really have a problem with this, just because of the what the legislature in NC has been doing the last few years. They passed a law a few years back that confederate statues can't be removed without state legislative approval. So even if a city overwhelmingly wanted to remove these statues, they couldn't because there is no way the state legislature would permit it. This seems to be part of a similar trend happening in other states, where republican legislatures are trying to restrict the power of municipal governments that are more liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Ah. The hate-driven Left fighting against historical facts as usual.

Savages, vandals and barbarians who deserve even less respect than slaveowners.
    'Historical facts.' Come back when people are trying to erase these parts of our history from history books. You know, real sources of historical facts.

Oh, I apologize. People are trying to do that. Conservatives, that is:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...593_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Once again 2 wrongs don't make a right. Violence begets violence.
    Not speaking of you personally, but some of the posters who are outraged here have tried to diminish the terror attack in the other thread, which seems kinda hypocritical.

Again, you're right, tearing down the statue by a mob is just wrong - though i think they should be relocated to museums rather than destroyed - and it doesn't matter if they're republicans or democrats - this is not about scoring points for the team @Tijuana.

In which case, this is a consequence of driving a car into a crowd of people, and we can blame this on that driver as well.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

They don't care, they think their cause is the righteous one. Just in the same way their Neo-Nazi/KKK/White Nationalists think

This will keep escalating, and more people will die, and they will both say it was for a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    And then an explanation for why presidents who have been much worse in all of these aspects somehow aren't.
    Well, this is a give and take matter. On the one hand, we could certainly say that there was greater social unrest during President Johnson's term.
    As this shows http://www.macrotrends.net/2496/nati...growth-by-year Debt is another beast.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You've been missed TJ! I see the *woke*-ness is still strong in you. Are you aware that a new person occupies both the white house and the above title?
    What are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    You leave Harding and Johnson out of this.
    Even they had at least one year of 3% GDP growth, unlike Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Well, this is a give and take matter. On the one hand, we could certainly say that there was greater social unrest during President Johnson's term.
    As this shows http://www.macrotrends.net/2496/nati...growth-by-year Debt is another beast.
    Well, at least you get points for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I'll admit: they're Democrats that would be GoP voters if they were alive today.
    What are you on about? The GOP has nothing to do with slavery. It was formed to abolish it.

- - - Updated - - -

I love people who have never opened a history book, lol.
    Obama is factually the only president to never over see a 3% GDP growth year. To quote the legendary campaigner Carville, when asked what the most important issue to Americans was, "It's the economy stupid".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What are you on about?
    Lol, still up to your adorable deflection. Do you know who occupies the white house right now? That's who gets the title of worst president ever. Just in case you're still sleepy.

Several people I respect use that qualifier and depending on the metric they're certainly right.

That being said, the worst thing about that particular presidency is coming to light currently and blame rests on the people. The lack of accountability from us, to the media, and on up to DC has created the environment we're in currently. While I'd love to blame the Obama Administration all day long, the truth is that "we" let it happen. MSNBC, CNN, and the ilk got away with doing nothing but being on their knees for 8 years.

Consider that most of the people who are marching at these protests on the left were 10-18 when he took office. They know practically nothing about society beyond what they've been fed, and the time in which they were served came at one of the largest pools of bullshit propaganda since the cold war.
    CNN's bias is in NO WAY the fault of anyone, aside from themselves. Other media outlets remain unbiased, or state their bias. There is no excuse for deceiving the public when your job is to inform them.

Deleted
    What are you on about? The GOP has nothing to do with slavery. It was formed to abolish it.

TJ! Good to see you back from your latest exile!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, still up to your adorable deflection. Do you know who occupies the white house right now? That's who gets the title of worst president ever. Just in case you're still sleepy.
    I'll wait until he has a full term to judge. You may be right; who knows?

If Trump gets his tax plan passed, no historian will call him a failure overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    TJ! Good to see you back from your latest exile!
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Endus is lurking.

Well, at least you get points for trying.
    I'm not particularly and advocate for 1 being worse or the worst. I was simply identifying that depending on a particular set of constraints, the argument can be made. There are factual things that can not be ignored about the Obama Presidency. Here's what I generally notice about commentary in support of his great presidency. "President Obama did X, it was the Republicans who ruin it." Then I guess he didn't do a good job at X did he?

To be frank, beyond getting the healthcare act passed, which was awfully cobbled together and both inefficient and frail (pointing to the de-funding) what did he accomplish? During his term we basically got back to the cold war, our relationship with Israel was almost undone, our debt increased, our gdp was stagnated, we bailed out everyone but actual people, we had numerous undermining scandals, and we have one of the most divided populaces of all times.

- - - Updated - - -

CNN's bias is in NO WAY the fault of anyone, aside from themselves. Other media outlets remain unbiased, or state their bias. There is no excuse for deceiving the public when your job is to inform them.
    This is as factual as the Police's job being to protect you.

I'm not particularly and advocate for 1 being worse or the worst. I was simply identifying that depending on a particular set of constraints, the argument can be made. There are factual things that can not be ignored about the Obama Presidency. Here's what I generally notice about commentary in support of his great presidency. "President Obama did X, it was the Republicans who ruin it." Then I guess he didn't do a good job at X did he?

To be frank, beyond getting the healthcare act passed, which was awfully cobbled together and both inefficient and frail (pointing to the de-funding) what did he accomplish? During his term we basically got back to the cold war, our relationship with Israel was almost undone, our debt increased, our gdp was stagnated, we bailed out everyone but actual people, we had numerous undermining scandals, and we have one of the most divided populaces of all times.

- - - Updated - - -

This is as factual as the Police's job being to protect you.
    That's the most apples and hand grenades argument I have ever heard. The role of the media is literally to discover and report facts. No journalism professor would ever tell you any different.

Police on the other hand, are NOT intended to prevent crime. Nobody expects that of them. Everyone expects the media to report facts.

That's the most apples and hand grenades argument I have ever heard. The role of the media is literally to discover and report facts. No journalism professor would ever tell you any different.

Police on the other hand, are NOT intended to prevent crime. Nobody expects that of them. Everyone expects the media to report facts.
    1. The role of a journalist is to do what you mentioned. However, the mass majority of those who are on the "media" are "commentators" not journalists.
    2. A good journalism professor would tell a person that yes... but it doesn't mean the person whom they are addressing is a journalist.
    3. You'd be wrong about the expectation of the Police in the USA.
    4. No, not everyone expects the media to do that. If they did, then you'd have more people watching and reading every outlet rather than those who align with their ideology or comfort zone.

Deleted
    I think this meme is missing the point entirely. It's not a participation trophy. They are statues that symbolize a bloody conflict that people died in. Why should that be erased?
    It's a joke. "Participation trophy" is a dig at the feigned hardliner stance of the alt-right.

Guess that depends on your point of view. Since the universal definition of terrorism includes intimidation, it's hard to reasonably argue that they haven't consistently participated in terrorist behavior.
    And Terrorism usually requires deaths and maiming. Something that neither have done, but yet, the Neo-Nazis, KKK and Alt-right have.

And slavery has been abolished for 150 years now- what does that have to do with the current political parties? If the pro-slavery pro-Jim Crow Democrats were alive today, they wouldn't recognize their former party: but they'd happily vote GoP.

This whole "Democrats are the party of slavery and the KKK," while true, is a massive deflection from today's political climate and you damn well know it.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-08-15 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Quite a claim. The first half of which is unknown, and the second half a falsehood.

Unless there exists hard evidence of which side threw the first stone/fist, one cannot make a claim regarding such.

As well, "they" did not commit a terrorist attack. One man did.

There is a wellspring of ways to criticize and condemn Nazis, KKK, and White Supremacists. One need not use lies to do so. These groups are most assuredly hatemongers, as you said.
    They started the attacks on Friday night, and they continued all through Saturday, and yes the attack with the car is definitely a terrorist attack. If the ones in Europe are terrorist attacks perpetrated by Muslims, then the attack on Saturday was a terrorist attack perpetrated by a fucking Nazi. Literally EVERYONE but Trump is calling it a terrorist attack.