Page 1 of 104
... LastLast

Trump blames "alt left" for Charlottesville and "very fine people" on both sides.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=49235032

“I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object on both sides,” Trump said during remarks in Trump Tower today. “You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides,” he said.

Last edited by Chingylol; 2017-08-15 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=49235032

“I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object on both sides,” Trump said during remarks in Trump Tower today. “You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides,” he said.
    I am trying to figure out the problem with this statement. Not all Trump supporters are Nazi's and not all counter-protestors are Antifa.

God damn Trump is a fucking moron. The "alt left" had absolutely nothing to do with this weekend and even the locals are stumped at the repeated claims by right wing media about Antifas involvement.

Antifa is a fucking blight but this isn't the time and place to fight that battle since THEY WEREN'T FUCKING INVOLVED.

This was 100% Virginians vs white nationalists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Ok guys, which one of you General Off-Topic posters is actually Trump incognito?
    It's really starting to seem like that, isn't it?

White Supremacists here and White Supremacists in the White House say exactly the same incredibly ignorant and entirely wrong shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was wondering how it would sound when he answered off-the-cuff and it was every bit the disaster I expected.

It's as if Trump's mouth is his arch-enemy, there's no situation where neo-nazi's and the KKK does NOT deserve a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I am trying to figure out the problem with this statement. Not all Trump supporters are Nazi's and not all counter-protestors are Antifa.
    Enumerate the "very fine" people on the side of neo nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    One step forward and two steps back

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Ok guys, which one of you General Off-Topic posters is actually Trump incognito?
    Okay, okay, it's me. Believe me, there were some very fine people on both sides. Tremendous people. The best people. But the fake news media won't report that. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    God damn Trump is a fucking moron. The "alt left" had absolutely nothing to do with this weekend and even the locals are stumped at the repeated claims by right wing media about Antifas involvement.

Antifa is a fucking blight but this isn't the time and place to fight that battle since THEY WEREN'T FUCKING INVOLVED.

This was 100% Virginians vs white nationalists.
    He honestly seems hell bent on doing everything possible to worsen the ongoing collapse of his power and Presidency. This past week was his worst. How many times have we said that? Seems almost every other week.

And he got a great start already making this one even worse.

Trump will fail at Tax Reform and before we know it it'll be January. Between the natural political calendar and what's happened, Trump had demolished his power in record time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does "alt-" inherently refer to bad people and extremists? If so then there is an alt-left just as there is an alt-right. Neither side is so special that they cant be compared or be placed on a spectrum.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL Trump.... the guy just can't fucking help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's as if Trump's mouth is his arch-enemy, there's no situation where neo-nazi's and the KKK does NOT deserve a beating.
    This is a guy who Waffled about David Duke, after all.

I mean those deplorable knuckledraggers who voted for him were fricken warned... by their own eyes and ears.

A candidate for office can raise taxes or cut taxes. He can be internationalist or isolationist. he can be on the right or on the left. He can want big government or small. But a pre-requisit is you do not vote for the racist nationalist this day in age.

And yet, here we are.

Big pig part of the day after Trump in coming years will be keeping people like Jeezy911 out of the reformed and purged conservative moment. They cant be welcome ever again. Quite the opposite actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Does "alt-" inherently refer to bad people and extremists? If so then there is an alt-left just as there is an alt-right. Neither side is so special that they cant be compared or be placed on a spectrum.
    There is an alt left. They just weren't a factor in this particular incident and even the locals are stumped at the repeated claims by right wing media about Antifas supposed involvement.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

I wasn't aware this was about Trump supporters. I'm pretty sure this was about the Nazis in Virginia this past weekend. And he said some of them were fine people.

A Nazi cannot be a fine person, and that is ignoring the desperate defense he tried to put up to defend the Nazis. Saying the "alt left" (which isn't a thing) started it. That is the problem with that statement.

So a day after he read a statement that he obviously disagreed with according to his body language, he finally came out and openly praised nazis and white supremacists. Sickening that people still think he's fit to lead anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The Alt-Left isn't actually a thing. It's a suitcase word adopted from Alt-Right.

Alt-Right is actually a thing. It was coined by Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer in 2012 as a new Euphamism to replace "White Nationalism". Hell Spencer's own group is the "National Policy Institute". Innocuous sounding? Isnt it?

But Alt-Left isn't actually a thing in the way Trump means it, especially in contrast to the Alt-Right. And let's not pretend it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I wasn't aware this was about Trump supporters. I'm pretty sure this was about the Nazis in Virginia this past weekend. And he said some of them were fine people.

A Nazi cannot be a fine person, and that is ignoring the desperate defense he tried to put up to defend the Nazis. Saying the "alt left" (which isn't a thing) started it. That is the problem with that statement.
    So everyone that showed up for the rally's were Nazis?

The Alt-Right are Nazis. They're Nazis dressed in a veneer of euphemism.

Not necessarily. But if you openly stand and rally next to one, you're complicit.