Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Could "No" really mean "Yes" in some situations?

For example, when a girl is being very flirtatious and is using "No" in a flirtatious way, could she really be saying "Yes" but just wants you as the guy to do something about it?

When i used to party, there were several situations where girls would act flirtatiously and they really did want to hit the sheets, but would say "no" flirtatiously. That could really screw with a guy's mind, but I think in most situations, it ends up being mutual. And if there is alcohol involved i would say 99 times out of 100 its mutual.

Have you ever encountered a situation where "No" could actually mean "Yes?"

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-08-16 at 05:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No means no.

If a girl says no, then it turns out she actually meant yes, because she thought saying the opposite of whatever she means counted as flirting (ex. she's shitty at flirting), she can change her answer.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When i used to party, there were several situations where girls would act flirtatiously and they really did want to hit the sheets, but would say "no" flirtatiously. That could really screw with a guy's mind, but I think in most situations, it ends up being mutual. And if there is alcohol involved i would say 99 times out of 100 its mutual.
    So, you really need to stop believing that your dreams are reality. If the girl says "No", then it is "No". Time to grow up as a species.

A girl who plays the "no" game is a girl you shouldn't be wasting your time with. It's not a game I was ever willing to play.

If she likes what's going she ought to be clear about it, if it's not clear, don't bother with it, have some dignity.

Could be, thats why you probe the waters, you know what im saying.

But usually girls just test your confidence, rather than say no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    No means no.

If a girl says no, then it turns out she actually meant yes, because she thought that counted as flirting (ex. she's shitty at flirting), she can change her answer.
    But then in that situation, no means yes.

And her "changing her answer" could, and often do, express itself through body language, tone and actions rather than verbally.

That's why everyone trying to type up some guide on "how to understand consent" using only verbal communication as a measure are failing horribly and neither side are getting anywhere. You can't judge those situations on a transcript of spoken words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and by that i mean no. Maybe.

Deleted
    The fuck kinda outdated fedora thinking is that? Most of the time when guys think a woman is flirting with them it's just the women being nice, while on the inside they think "just go away you weirdo, I told you no"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    For example, when a girl is being very flirtatious and is using "No" in a flirtatious way, could she really be saying "Yes" but just wants you as the guy to do something about it?

Have you ever encountered a situation where "No" could actually mean "Yes?"
    She/he says no, stop.

Sex should be done with 2 consistent adults, they should both sign consent forums, and the audio should be recorded to make sure the words No and not uttered during the act. Both should wear full rubber body suits as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the no game and you can return whence you came, thot. Begone from my condo.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    No means no.

If a guy or a girl says no, then it turns out she actually meant yes, because she thought saying the opposite of whatever she means counted as flirting (ex. she's shitty at flirting), she can change her answer.
    Fixed your sexist post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    But then in that situation, no means yes.

And her "changing her answer" could, and often do, express itself through body language, tone and actions rather than verbally.

That's why everyone trying to type up some guide on "how to understand consent" using only verbal communication as a measure are failing horribly and neither side are getting anywhere. You can't judge those situations on a transcript of spoken words.
    This is basically what I was trying to get at. Saying "no" in a flirtatious manner, and then continues to use body language and other hints (sexually) is a pretty clear sign that she really means "yes" and wants you to do something about it. At least, thats what I got when girls would behave that way, especially in social / party situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they say no, act literal until they change their answer if that is what they actually wanted.

Never. If she says no in the way you are thinking, then she's just not worth your time as she's already sending you mixed signals and it's just going to end up being a terrible situation. When ever you hear a no, cut your loses and move on.
    RETH

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. If they say no, it means no and should be taken as a NO.

I'll take "Things rapists ask for 200, Alex."

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Proceed with caution though. Use common sense. You're really playing with fire there.

No, it means no.

I guess if the girl is one of those weird ones who likes to participate in that "rape roleplay"(or has a weird boyfriend or whatever that's into it and she's willing to go along with it to make him happy) I suppose no means yes?

As long as she or he tells you a safe word before hand LOL