Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    He should take notes from Pence on how to become invisible.
    I don't think I've heard a peep from him since i watched his pro life speech, which I kinda liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    He should take notes from Pence on how to become invisible.
    Pence fucking fled the country. It was an event scheduled in June, but I can't imagine he was sad to leave.

A reminder: between the Wall, Venezuela, and Trump's general low opinion not just worldwide but in South America specifically, Pence isn't in for a good time. But he'd probably still rather be there than here.

I do enjoy that the AFL-CIO pointed out that the council has thus far not actually done anything in its 7 months of existence. Seeing more and more folks calling it little more than a photo-op for Trump, which seems quite likely like it's all the council was ever for.

7th CEO just quit a little while ago. The CEO of 3M.

15+ Year Old Account
    Late Wednesday morning, Stephen A. Schwarzman, the chief executive of the Blackstone Group and one of Mr. Trump’s closest confidants in the business community, organized a conference call for members of the president’s Strategic and Policy Forum.

On the call, the chief executives of some of the largest companies in the country were debating how to proceed.

One option under serious consideration was disbanding the forum altogether.

If the forum does survive, several C.E.O.s were expected to resign from it.

Continue reading the main story
    The council includes Laurence D. Fink of BlackRock, Ginni Rometty of IBM, Rich Lesser of the Boston Consulting Group and Toby Cosgrove of the Cleveland Clinic.

Later this afternoon, executives from the president’s manufacturing council are expected to have a similar call.
    It is not over yet, just pressed at NYT.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2017-08-16 at 04:54 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is not over yet, just pressed at NYT.
    Thanks for the heads-up, not all of us subscribe so can't read all their stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I type quick, but just need to wait a bit and we race for the 8th CEO
    @Bakis suggested it might be a bunch all at once.

Fuck this, I'm getting a grilled chicken sandwich with all the hot sauce. Take the next ten, I don't care, @Edge- is right, this whole council was a glorified photo op which only makes the CEOs resigning in protest that much more damaging -- they won't lose a damn thing, and Trump loses face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants to sit at the table with a person who has sympathy for such groups.

But good now he'll get even less done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Nobody wants to sit at the table with a person who has sympathy for such groups.
    Cough, cough, everyone in the White House, cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    But good now he'll get even less done.
    Again, the council has never met after six months, meaning it was basically just for show. It's hard to get less done, than nothing.

(reads last six months of news)

Oh wait, I owe you an apology. Apparently it's quite possible indeed. You win sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Cough, cough, everyone in the White House, cough.

Again, the council has never met after six months, meaning it was basically just for show. It's hard to get less done, than nothing.

(reads last six months of news)

Oh wait, I owe you an apology. Apparently it's quite possible indeed. You win sir.
    he needs to rely on generals to fill in spots since he can't find anyone else, that's how i see it.

Perhaps so, since he seems to be more on holiday than anything else so right now there's an image he's doing "great things" for the economy, while this is all for show as you say, its getting harder for him to keep up this facade when news report after news report is people refusing to work with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than facing the leaving for more CEOs, he just disbanded the whole council

Well Trump just disbanded the council himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Rather than facing the leaving for more CEOs, he just disbanded the whole council
    Yes but Campbell's Soup made nine just before the bell!

ARE WE TIRED OF WINNING YET?

Doh! you beat me

Ah well just another Trump failure to add to his ever growing list. Curious how far up the list of the 10 worst president in US history he'll be at.
    Last edited by Hobb; 2017-08-16 at 05:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, Trump basically said he had people in line to join. I guess "just like his administration" in line..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No, Trump basically said he had people in line to join. I guess "just like his administration" in line..
    That's not what the current news is saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wooh missed that. Guess he is tired of winning so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people disagree with Trump, remove their platform for doing so.
    Get used to more of that.