Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygerstorm View Post
    I'm really looking forwards to Warlocks not getting any!
    Yeah me too! It's going to be so sweet!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    can't wait to play with all new warlock animations....oh wait....
    We've known for a while that some classes aren't getting casting changes and that others will receive them in a later patch.

I find it really odd that they placed ghouls in the order halls instead of something like training dummies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alki View Post
    Don't do it man. Don't do it. You'll regret it.

The "niche" aspect of the spec will destroy you from within. How do I know? Because I ripped my soul out and ate it out of pure frustration.
    Too late, I'm an Ele now! Welcome me to your circle.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Looking good but I'm not entirely sold on the idle casting stances, especially for Shaman. Standing there hands in the air might look a bit goofy. We'll see.

You know when a site is too big when they include age rating...

Loving these so far, just dinged 110 on my priest too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    You know when a site is too big when they include age rating...
    The video is from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Oh don't worry, warlocks will get new animation. But we will first need to give our Infernals to mages, Voidwalkers to shadow priests and soulstones to death knights, because it fits their class fantasy way better. Our new class fantasy will be new casting animations that will be made few days prior to 8.0.0. release. This will include an update skull for Agony cast, a little purple cloud on Corruption and one more imp (that's visible only 50% of the time) on Hand of Gul'dan. Our casting animation will include:
    • Blizz dev spawning a nailing us to the cross every time we cast a DoT
    • Demon Hunter swooping from the skies and ripping a metamorphosis form from from us every time we cast a demonology spell
    • And when we want to cast a destruction spell, a fire mage will appear, we will bow to him, and he will cast our spell for us (if you have Flames of Xoroth some of his spells will sometimes be green, but that will change on every patch deepening if Blizzard forgot to update them)
    I would argue this but, nope that's pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Looking good but I'm not entirely sold on the idle casting stances, especially for Shaman. Standing there hands in the air might look a bit goofy. We'll see.
    Agreed on this.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely an improvement over all. I kinda wish they looked more like the spellcasting from the movie, though. Would be neat to toss in some "words of power" too.

All the hands in the casting idle stance should have the special effect - shamans fire/water, priest/pally holy glow, mage fire/frost/or arcane orbs etc etc. otherwise it kinda looks a bit odd imo...

Deleted
    I wish the idle stance human mages weren't so crouched. The stance looks significantly better on other races.

i really hope they won't mess my UD mage casting animations

Guess staves and main hands are just stat sticks for casters now.

Awesome! Looks so good.

and yet blood elf casting animations are still atrocious
    and holy shock has no animation

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Oh don't worry, warlocks will get new animation. But we will first need to give our Infernals to mages, Voidwalkers to shadow priests and soulstones to death knights, because it fits their class fantasy way better. Our new class fantasy will be new casting animations that will be made few days prior to 8.0.0. release. This will include an update skull for Agony cast, a little purple cloud on Corruption and one more imp (that's visible only 50% of the time) on Hand of Gul'dan. Our casting animation will include:
    • Blizz dev spawning a nailing us to the cross every time we cast a DoT
    • Demon Hunter swooping from the skies and ripping a metamorphosis form from from us every time we cast a demonology spell
    • And when we want to cast a destruction spell, a fire mage will appear, we will bow to him, and he will cast our spell for us (if you have Flames of Xoroth some of his spells will sometimes be green, but that will change on every patch deepening if Blizzard forgot to update them)
    Aw man, I had a good laugh with this

Does anyone know if the few abilitys that make you hold your weapon still do so? Like ele shams using Stormkeeper and having their fist weapon out for a while after, or arcane mage using Mark and holding their staff for a while after
    "A wise king never seeks war, but is always prepared for it. A strong king never gives into fear, but provides courage and strength to his subjects. For the truest victory, is stirring the hearts of your people."

I've wanted new and updated caster animations for so long, but I am so so SO disappointed with this. Now every fucking caster is going to be stood around all looking exactly the same in that really goofy pose with their hands up, casting the same way. I hate that my Priest is now going to have to stand around looking stupid with her hands up. I just cannot even comprehend who at Blizzard thought this was a good idea.

If I'm wrong and I'm misunderstanding this then great, I hope that is the case. Bitterly disappointed.
    Last edited by Heavens Night; 2017-08-16 at 08:33 PM.