• Yes

385 51.13%
  • No

368 48.87%
Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Draenor Pathfidner needs to go.

It's obsolete now that we have Legion.
    Just introduce a short questline or allow us to buy flying in Draenor and be done with it.

You could have all flying be account wide no need for a cheevo to do that.
    A quest on the other hand would be cool - something akin where you learn to tame the primordial winds of Draenor or some generic fantasy thing like that and make that quest account wide like pet battles.

do 1 quest link in a quest chain of flying unlocks for each zone at max level to that particular zone. Account bound.

Like learning to fly in outland against the Twisting Nether, in Northrend against the freezing wind, in Cataclysm against the elemental hazards, in MoP against the mist, in Draenor against the primordial winds and in Legion against the fel-tainted air. The issue would be gone and everything would become streamlined.

To give a taste of my proposition: After you have reached the max level for that particular expansion, a quest opens up in your adventure journal.

"Take to the Skies" - Speak with your riding trainer to obtain a the flying skill
    Single player Scenario:
    -Chapter 1 the skies of Azeroth - go to your capital city and enlist a flying city guard for the first time: defeat spawned enemies, capture objectives and learn to control your flying mount -
    -Chapter 2: Explore the World: you are sent out to different points in Azeroth and need to either deliver something or help with a threat at that flight master point - you get to feed the flying mounts and bond with them like petting them on the head and so on. you get sent out to multiple points.
    After you complete this scenario you get a basic flying mount and the flying skill for Azeroth.

Then Dangers of the 'Twisting Nether" opens up:
    -Go to Outland and learn to fly in a hostile environment
    you get to defeat voidwalkers for void essence. With this void essence you imbue your mount tto be able to resist the pull of the Twisting Nether.
    After you imbued enough essence you get sent out to various points - some even on the edge of the Nether to train your mount in flying better: go through loops, resist chaotic visions and defeat foes while there.
    After completing this, Outland flying unlocks.

And so on and so forth on Northrend - the icy winds, Cataclysm zones where the elements are harshest: that in particular you need to fight the low high gravitational pull in Deepholm, the scorching desert climate in Uldum, The fiery skies in Mount Hyjal, Survive underwater in Vashj'ir, and the Twilights hammer in Twilight Highlands. After that the mists in Pandaria etc.

Once a quest link from this chain is completed a by a character, it unlocks flying for all other characters on the account for all zones of that expansion.
    This system is much more in tune with the unlocks, and offers a fun alternative to grinding
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-18 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    I guess it's annoying for new players, but then again the experience is better when questing for the first time to do so by ground mount.

Maybe make it purchasable after hitting at least one character at 100 without using boost?

They should leave it for those who like hunting achievements, but maybe make it purschable also.

I had a friend who came back to the game after quitting in I think Cata and they were leveling and once they hit Draenor and couldn't fly they just quit again. At least in that case it was a roadblock they just didn't want to bother with. I think once the content is old they should drop those kinds of restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I had a friend who came back to the game after quitting in I think Cata and they were leveling and once they hit Draenor and couldn't fly they just quit again. At least in that case it was a roadblock they just didn't want to bother with. I think once the content is old they should drop those kinds of restrictions.
    But... you can't fly in Pandaria until you hit max level there either! Or did they change that?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Your friend needs to grow a pair.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    But... you can't fly in Pandaria until you hit max level there either! Or did they change that?
    No, that's right. Unless you buy the tome from the Black Market AH, which frequently reaches well into five digits of gold nowadays, from my experience.

I loathe leveling through Pandaria as a result.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why is it obsolete? Is WoD obsolete? Or is it "shit I want to get out of the way" fast ..aka...be able to fly?.
    WoD is not obsolete. the requirement to complete a lengthy achievement just to fly is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Just introduce a short questline or allow us to buy flying in Draenor and be done with it.
    It's accountwide so what does it matter. I'd rather have it be accountwide than have to buy it on every character.

No, you can learn flying in Pandaria at 90 -and- when youbuy the book at the black market.

I'm against the idea of Pathfinder going away. You don't NEED flying for leveling in Draenor. If you need it for yourself, just do some stuff for some days and here you are, Pathfinder. It would be boring, if you would get stuff without 'work' (Draenor Pathfinder is done in a short time...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should make it as Pandaria has. Hit max level for that expansion and get flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It's accountwide so what does it matter. I'd rather have it be accountwide than have to buy it on every character.
    A quest on the other hand would be cool - something akin where you learn to tame the primordial winds of Draenor or some generic fantasy thing like that and make that quest account wide like pet battles.

Deleted
    No.

People who got it, is people who supported Legions development(by playing WoD back then or supporting, by investing time getting it now).

Casual 1month players should begone after a quest, they can't handle.

If you haven't unlocked flying chances are you haven't played or done the content, so there's no point you having flying just to skip it all.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Easy enough to get, even at 100 on a DH. I didn't play WoD at all and got it last September, along with the 3 shipyard BoA rings a bit later.

It's account wide for any and all future characters, same with legion, unlike anything pre-WoD.

You can even buy rep tokens off the AH to speed it up.

Medallion of the Legion
    Use: Crush the medallion, increasing reputation with the denizens of Draenor by 1000.
    "Everyone hates the Legion."
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-17 at 02:25 PM.

I voted yes, But buyable at 100 seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Definitely don't need to fly, if you haven't unlocked flying chances are you haven't played or done the content then flying over it all you'll be skipping most of it. If you've done it, well you'd have flying so... yeah.
    What about those people who started now or just got back? They certainly shouldn't be required to complete trivial tasks/quests at 110 just to get flying in WoD zones.

It is account wide....you only need to do it once. So the only people effected this are new account....and no they should not get it for free. Plus they will just level to 98 and then do the leggo quest and move into legion.

Flying in Draenor is a reward to those who have already experience a vast majority of the outdoor content. That's why it requires full exploration, world quests, treasure hunts and reps. Flying in this case is "You've already done most of this before, now you can just skip it with flight if you so choose to" rather than a "You COULD explore, but why bother when flight is faster!" They're doing the same thing in legion (and presumably with the next expac). If they quit at WoD, it's probably for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

What about those people who started now or just got back? They certainly shouldn't be required to complete trivial tasks/quests at 110 just to get flying in WoD zones.
    Why not? It's content, they don't have to immediately skip to max level. They don't NEED flying it just makes levelling faster, if they haven't done the content before (which if they don't have flying they probably haven't, like I said) then it's new to them and there's no need for them to speed through it. After that, it's done and they don't need to go back so they don't need flying. If they want to unlock it they can do it later over a couple of days.