Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    This just comes across like a giant whine and has nothing to do with anything.
    If anyone has the right to complain, it's Warlocks.

Infernals got more fiery!
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    If anyone has the right to complain, it's Warlocks.
    That might be, but it also has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Make a whine thread if that's what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    With all the new demon models, green fire etc, you guys were the last caster who needed an update
    yeah, lots of new demon models in game, no new ones for warlocks though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    From a "lore" point of view, Warlocks don't tame their demons, they enslave them after a ritual (like you had to do back them with a smal chain for every demon, unlike now that you get them as you level up). So I understand why we can't "tame" any demon we see, we just use the ones we got back then or we can enslave any other demon for a brief amount of time. And I like it that way.

That said, I wouldn't mind being able to pick what kind or color of imp/succubus/voidwalker/felhunter/felguard you enslave if you perform that ritual (or at least the last part) as a requirement, just to keep that very cool aspect of the warlock class and to make it sense lorewise.
    Maybe then they could have a warlock hunting party mechanic, kinda like ritual of doom. warlocks group up to go out and perform the ritual to enslave a demon out in the Broken Isles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoda View Post
    Demonology is in a good position, since they revamped/reworked on spec, so they needed to do new spells effects/visuals, but the DB needs a green fire modification. And Shadow Bolt got the last change on Cataclysm and a glyph on Pandaria.
    I'm rather inclined to disagree about demo being in a good position. The only fights where I get good visuals are avatar, or krosus where my imps can't spawn on the boss itself and they swarm around me and I can see their machine gun like firebolts. Otherwise, I don't really get to see much of what my demons do. I'd be much happier with like a trio of more impressive demons at my command that I can see doing shit, like the inquisitor some people have talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Because Pit Lords are considered one of the strongest races in the entire lore. And running around with a Eredar as your "pet" is utterly idiotic.
    Though I already know Blizzard wouldn't let that sort of thing happen anyway so I'm not worried.
    Pit Lords, Eredar Brutes, Fel Lords, Fel Stalkers, Gan'arg would all make for perfectly viable minion "tames" (permanent enslave demon) or glyphs for warlocks of our caliber to summon and enslave.

Caster Eredar and Dreadlords are where I draw the line, however - simply for aesthetic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we need more pet customization, colour of the pet would be nice, i want a black felhunter maybe, etc.

but this is not a problem, i rather have them take longer and get it right, then to hold back the patch or rush shit
    I agree. Ultimately we will be better off as they would of taken their time I hope.

Enslave demon idea sounds bad ass, because originally I agreed with Ghostcrawler saying something along the lines of, "Hunter gain trust and bond with their pet, Warlocks force demons to do their bidding then discard it".

That said, the demon we summon always has the same name, so we could go as far as to say we are constantly discarding and resummoning the same demon, so perhaps it would be cool to use the Enslave Demon idea to enslave, say an imp, and it takes that imps skin/model for your imp and gives it a new name. Then when you re-summon you have that imp. And you have to do the same for each of your demons Your still discarding them back to the Twisting Nether each time, but you just resummon them specifically.

That way, there is still no "bond", just forcing a certain demon into servitude because they meet your needs again and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromus! View Post
    I agree. Ultimately we will be better off as they would of taken their time I hope.

Enslave demon idea sounds bad ass, because originally I agreed with Ghostcrawler saying something along the lines of, "Hunter gain trust and bond with their pet, Warlocks force demons to do their bidding then discard it".

That said, the demon we summon always has the same name, so we could go as far as to say we are constantly discarding and resummoning the same demon, so perhaps it would be cool to use the Enslave Demon idea to enslave, say an imp, and it takes that imps skin/model for your imp and gives it a new name. Then when you re-summon you have that imp. And you have to do the same for each of your demons Your still discarding them back to the Twisting Nether each time, but you just resummon them specifically.

That way, there is still no "bond", just forcing a certain demon into servitude because they meet your needs again and again.
    The pet we summon and keep with us aren't enslaved demon, we have a contract with them (with agreement from both sides).
    When using "summon doomguard' (without supremacy), you can see that it's an enslaved demon : we can't keep him for too long.

Permanent pet = Pet with a contract.
    Temporary = Enslaved demon.

Im worried about combat posture, I'm afraid that I wont like it.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    The pet we summon and keep with us aren't enslaved demon, we have a contract with them (with agreement from both sides).
    When using "summon doomguard' (without supremacy), you can see that it's an enslaved demon : we can't keep him for too long.

That's retconned lore from vanilla.

For example the Shivarra demands to be released when you summon her. She and the voidwalker also say that during the fel fire quest. So they're clearly not helping the warlock willingly.

Also warlocks can control the Doomguard as long as they want with the Grimoire of Supremacy talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    For example the Shivarra demands to be released when you summon her. She and the voidwalker also say that during the fel fire quest. So they're clearly not helping the warlock willingly.
    The Observer was the only one that seemed happy to serve at that, even sounded happy to be allied with the Warlock. In the same questline it seemed to be a bit implied as well that these demons already hated the Legion in the part where Kanrethad summoned the Doomguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Im worried about combat posture, I'm afraid that I wont like it.
    Warlock animations need to be aggressive and show malicious intent. I do worry they'll make them too 'soft'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post

We enslave our class mount. It is really a matter of semantics of contract or enslaved. Either way the demon is bound to the Warlock..
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Pit Lords, Eredar Brutes, Fel Lords, Fel Stalkers, Gan'arg would all make for perfectly viable minion "tames" (permanent enslave demon) or glyphs for warlocks of our caliber to summon and enslave.

Caster Eredar and Dreadlords are where I draw the line, however - simply for aesthetic reasons.
    There is plenty of dreadlords you can enslave now allready, i used to enslave them all the time in tannan jungle, they were pretty strong
    also our darkglare was going to be a dreadlord, then got changed to inquisitor, then darkglare (still made the oracle did not get the new oracle model...)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Warlocks get nice things too. Look at the class mounts for example. Many classes only got one mount which then may or may not change colors based on your spec. Meanwhile warlocks and hunters got three (rogues and paladins four) different variations you can use anytime you want.
    you mean the reskin from what we had in the past?

There is plenty of dreadlords you can enslave now allready, i used to enslave them all the time in tannan jungle, they were pretty strong
    also our darkglare was going to be a dreadlord, then got changed to inquisitor, then darkglare (still made the oracle did not get the new oracle model...)
    You've got that backwards. First it was going to be an Inquisitor, then a Dreadlord and then they gave us the Darkglare which is nothing more than a reskinned Observer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You've got that backwards. First it was going to be an Inquisitor, then a Dreadlord and then they gave us the Darkglare which is nothing more than a reskinned Observer.
    Except it is not reskinned
    it is remodeled
    not even the same skeleton as the observer, it was the same skeleton as the drumu mob (whatever it is called) but it is a brand new texture, brand new skin, even a brand new model.

and it didnt even use the same rig as the oracle

Except it is not reskinned
    it is remodeled
    not even the same skeleton as the observer, it was the same skeleton as the drumu mob (whatever it is called) but it is a brand new texture, brand new skin, even a brand new model.

and it didnt even use the same rig as the oracle

Typical response from you.

7+ Year Old Account

Typical response from you.
    Ok? Yeah you were right about the order
    but no, it is not a reskin, you corrected me for the order, i corrected you for your wording... i mean.. its fair?

Ok? Yeah you were right about the order
    but no, it is not a reskin, you corrected me for the order, i corrected you for your wording... i mean.. its fair?
    It's an "updated" model at best but if you think those technical details matter when we lost the opportunity for two entirely new demons then you are sorely mistaken:

7+ Year Old Account
    It's an "updated" model at best but if you think those technical details matter when we lost the opportunity for two entirely new demons then you are sorely mistaken:
    No i dont think they do
    but calling it a "reskin"
    is stupid, as you prove with that screenshot
    it is not sharing the same
    Color
    texture-recolor
    mesh-reskin
    rig-remodel
    it is a brand new rig(i am pretty sure) but even if it was the same rig, it is not a reskin ,it is a remodel, as it is a BRAND NEW mesh
    and really
    "It's an "updated" model at best "
    stop acting so fucking high and mighty
    it is an updated model, dont try to go "it looks shit, its actually work, it has less polly and less pixels, its odviously not an updated model.

It is a new mesh, it has much more polly, and much more pixels.
    Dont be so full of yourself, you could have corrected me in the order of the demons being added and simply left it at that and i would gone "oh sorry i was wrong, thanks man" but now your trying to pull "its "updated" model at best, bleh, its a reskin"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryhardzy View Post
    you mean the reskin from what we had in the past?

Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-20 at 07:47 AM.